Romance Angel Cards - Am I doing it wrong?!

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

stephybabes92

Romance Angel Cards - Am I doing it wrong?!

Post by stephybabes92 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:49 am

Yesterday I purchased Doreen Virtue's Romance Angel cards. I have never used either angel or tarot cards before - apart from when I was very young and girls' magazines used to include tarot games for fun!!

So after discovering this site and reading through a few forums, I lit some candles and put some small crystal stones around my room. I also sat with rose quartz in my hand for a while. I don't know why I did all of this, I just felt it could help when I came to use the cards.

I got the cards out, spent ages shuffling them, and took out 3 - left middle right - past present future. I asked a question. I turned over the first card. There were 2 cards! They had been sort of stuck together and I hadn't realised. Now the significance of this was: I asked the question is "so-and-so" my soulmate. And guess what the two cards were? One said precisely this: "Yes, you have found your soulmate." The other said: "Separation: you and your partner are going to spend time apart."

Further on the reading I came across another contradictory result. So I was left feeling disappointed and confused.

Furthermore, some of the cards didn't apply to my life at all.

Any advice?
x x x x x x x x Stephanie x x x x x x x x
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm going to give this a renewing *BUMP* to see if anyone answers a year on, now that angel cards are even more popular lol xx
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

I prefer never to give myself a reading, after what happened to our daughter

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Stephanie,

You were not doing anything wrong, but giving readings to yourself can often be highly unreliable and inaccurate, for the reasons which I will now explain.

This is because you are too close to and therefore too emotionally involved with the outcome of the reading, to be able to do it objectively.

Several years ago our daughter met a man over the internet and they later met in person and things started getting serious.

I made the mistake of accepting her request for a reading about the relationship, and all the signs appeared to point to a long and happy life together.

What actually happened was a disaster of epic proportions (he cared more about his computer and house than he ever did about her) which she is still recovering from all this time later with her new boyfriend with whom she has been living happily for approximately the last two years.

I believe that the usefulness of the reading which I gave them in predicting that they would be a happy couple was severely compromised by the fact that I am her father, and that she had had several failed relationships in the past.

I was being blindly optimistic in thinking that this one would be better, and my interpretation of the meaning of the cards was corrupted by my natural concern for her to be happy. At the same time I was ignoring other signs outside of the reading that should have set off all my intuitive warning bells that something was wrong. But it did not.

Most intuitive people and readers prefer for precisely this reason to consult another reader instead of giving themselves a reading, when the subject matter is too close to their hearts. Love and intense emotional attachments can blind us to the sometimes uncomfortable truths about ourselves, as well as about our loved ones.

I prefer never to give myself a reading, after what happened to our daughter.

Loving regards,

EoT  :smt006

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Dear EoT,

That is a very wise understanding you have come to about self-readings or reading for those that you know. What happened to your daughter was obviously a horrible experience but at least you know now and won't make the mistake again!
I think the reason I am so inclined to do self-readings is because my money situation is so bad! I don't have the money to go out and ask for readings but I was so interested in getting a reading and learning about cards hence the decision to self-read! Noone in my family agrees with the whole idea of card readings or psychic readings so I couldn't practise on them either. Maybe the answer is to find a local new age group of some sort to find others to practise with! Do you know any online sites or communities where people can practise on each other in such a manner?

Steph x
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:19 pm

You are in a site like that here Steph.

Havent you seen what we do here having had 75 postings of your own?

You can even get free readings here and practice on others.....

This site is your oyster for readings and practice.

What are you waiting for? :)

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi Cedars,

I just thought that it was readers that were approved by the site that could give readings! Apologies.

I don't have a set of my own tarot cards yet but I'd love to try and see if I can sense things about people's situations etc and just basically heighten my skills (if I have any hah!)

x
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Not necessarily Stephy,

You can try and give a reading with your angel cards, although I find angel cards to be more like messages rather than 'reading' as such. I have a set of angel cards which I have found to be more like a blessing or empowering messages... The tarot cards go a bit beyond that :)

Dont underestimate yourself. You must have had a trigger on the spiritual realm; why not dig a bit deeper and see where it takes you?

We all start somewhere :)

Please ask if you need any help or guidance.

Blessings

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi Cedars,

thankyou for your encouragement and kindness! <3

I have gave it a shot with my angel cards - if you go to new posts you will see it. I don't know if the person will be back online to see it as they posted last month but fingers crossed! I have shoved my personal feelings in there about the situation with the reading which maybe i shouldnt have done and should have just posted the messages of the cards!

Steph xx
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 am

Steph

I dont see any new entries from you in the Tarot forum......
Where did you do these readings?

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:34 am

Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

Tarotbycyndee

My personal Experience

Post by Tarotbycyndee » Wed May 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Hi Steph,

its perfectly normal when you first begin to play with Tarot that you get mixed feelings and often confused. Tarot is a learning process and it will take time and practice for you to hone your skills. do not let this discourage you.

My advice from what i read from your post - you shuffled a long time, you said it took a while... from this i sense you have some fears. fear of the unknown. You didn't know what to expect so there you were expecting too much, you placed alot of pressure on yourself. Just relax and have fun, the best way to learn tarot is just go into like its a game, with no expectations. when your relaxed, your spirit can come to your easier. when your tense, your ego blocks your intuition.

My second advice is don't take the meanings on the card literally. one card can carry many meanings and not one answer is the only correct answer. Let your intuition guide you. Candles help relax and bring forth your guides.

What i usually do when i'm puzzled, is i pull the card and i meditate upon it and the answers come, another great way to hone your skills is via group readings. great way to learn. let me know if you interested? i recently started a group and it was so much fun!
Blessings,
Cyndee

Return to “Tarot”