Can we change our destiny?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

rajat19731

Post by rajat19731 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:39 am

Pravin Kumar wrote:Dear rajat19731,

I am no astrologer but I like what you state and agree with it. I am a palmist. I advise many many people to change and avoid pitfalls which are clearly visible in the persons's palms. How many change? Very few. You have not met those few but I have. I have posted in the Palmistry Forum in September 2010 the feedbacks of 3 clients, one of whom has changed drastically from extreme helpless conditions being emotionally cheated by one and all including her own husband and the other 2 have changed slightly and again gone back to the previous condition almost. Still they too have changed somewhat.

Now this lady of 40, who has changed her life drastically, has brought me so much happiness by coming up in life and she too is very happy. It took her 2 months to change herself through simple meditation exercises whereas there are thousands who do not change for they are habituated to tread the same path.

My Guru showed me one example some 15 years back. One person came to Him on Thursday for Pooja (My Guru performs Pooja on Thursdays and answers and/or solves your problems on that day). This man was tied with a heavy rope in the next room to a Chair. After pooja, which went on for nearly 100 minutes, this man was released. I saw this man coming back happily to the Pooja room. My Guru said " This person's Bandhan has to be removed " hence his hands were tied.

This man had gone to all the Holy Places in the country on the advice of religious persons. He just wanted to get back his wife and his 2 children. His wife had left him after bearing the children and lived separately. This man looked after his wife by sending her monthly money even though she earned herself as she was a Teacher. All this man wanted was that his wife should come back to him.

My Guru told me thus: This man, 400 years back, was a Zamindar. He had raped his wife 400 years back and his wife was then daughter of his labourer head. Now after 400 years this woman has come into the life of this man to seek revenge/compensation or whatever you may call it. It took my Guru 2 years to get his wife back through Pooja and simple psychology. I won't go into much details. Now this man lives happily with his wife and 2 children although his wife lives with him only to gain his property as is the general perception of those who know them.

This man is now very happy, always smiling and whenever I meet him it gives me happiness. A truthful and a honest, hardworking person who has now cleared his Karma. Guru's have this power to improve your life. We too have that power with us but all that is clouded by Maya and Ego. This makes us blind and we are not able to understand the other person in any argument and this results in misery. Once you reach that height where you can understand other's viewpoint you have learnt a lot and improve your life. But this is a tall order and it is not so easy to get HIS Blessings. One may do Pooja 24 hours a day or donate all his wealth or a person to get HIS Blessings does so many things excepting loving humanity by melting his Ego and clear the Maya that clouds his mind. Hence they are not able to change their Karma. God has given you that option too. In fact I was reading another book by Pilot Baba where He has written that God is sometimes afraid that HE has given Brain to Human Beings which is great power and can become a challenge to HIM.

A Human Being (Saints, Rishis, Munish) can live upto 600 years or life long. You will find them in the Himalayas. They have done Tapasya for many many years and are excluded from Maya and Attachment of any type. They are also free from attraction to women. You know Saint Vishwamitra was trapped by Menka. So one has to see Mother in every women and then you can reach those great heights.

Pravin Kumar

Dear Pravinji,
Namaskar,
What you have mentioned now, is very much similar to what i said. Here is another case of one of my client who is a very big industrialist and enjoying all the luxuries and happiness. But can you believe, in the world of Bhoga and Vilasa, he is a virgin even at the age of 48 years. He even tried to go to call girls but in some way or other, was denied physical pleasure through any means. Now when he came to me saying that my urge of being physical is making me mentally disturbed, so please help me out that i can get married. When  we went to his past birth, we were stunned seeing his past birth karma. He was a very famous king and was a big devotee to Lord Shiva. One day, a female came to him and said that i am pregnant by you. So please marry me. He said how can you say that its from me. When you can be physical to me, you can be physical to anyone else too. So i can't marry you. The female took no time and burnt fire infront of the king and jumped into it.

Now, with the blessings of the Shiva which he got because of being an ardent worshipper of Shiva, he was born in a very wealthy family and got all the luxuries. But there was a heavy curse of Venus by all the three retrograde planets, Mars, Saturn and Rahu in 8th house. Interesting fact was there too that he had exalted Jupiter (direct) in Lagna. Now whenever he went into any relationship since college, something happened everytime that he was denied to marry the girl whom he loved.

Even he developed liking for a female VP in his company and when he proposed her, she said she has no interest in relationships with men. To this extent, he had sufferings in relationships.
He is a celibate and virgin till now. But now he is performing remedies suggested by me.
Rgds
Om Gurubhyo Namah
Rajat Kapoor

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:35 am

Thanks a lot Rajat ji, for your nice explanations about karma,  ( to me as well as to  Pravin ji.)  I like to see more posts  of yours in Vedic forum like this always .Do write please.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:17 am

I believe the following

Whatever created by God can never be changed
Whatever done by Human can be changed or undone.

None can emulate God or create anything which God has done
But what is done or created by another Human can be done by another Human

Destiny refers to a predetermined course of events. It may be conceived as a predetermined future, whether in general or of an individual. It is a concept based on the belief that there is a fixed natural order to the cosmos

Going by the above definition, one can change the destiny , but the what is destined to happen by God can never be changed

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:59 am

Goverdhanji,

I have not properly understood your point. If everything is destined then why should a man work to perfect himself? That is the question which the Saints say. It is because a person will then never work and say: I am destined to live like this and I will like this. There are only a few who would like to rise up in life or avoid pitfalls.

Saints always motivateyou to come up in life just like our Parents, Teachers and well wishers. It is another matter that few come up in life from their difficult situation as a person finds difficult to change habits.

As for Rajatji, Your explanation and mine is same. After the penance has been done by the person he is all clear and come up. Nice to know that at this young age you take so much interest in all this.

Pravin Kumar
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

rajat19731

Post by rajat19731 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:55 am

Pravin Kumar wrote:Goverdhanji,

I have not properly understood your point. If everything is destined then why should a man work to perfect himself? That is the question which the Saints say. It is because a person will then never work and say: I am destined to live like this and I will like this. There are only a few who would like to rise up in life or avoid pitfalls.

Saints always motivateyou to come up in life just like our Parents, Teachers and well wishers. It is another matter that few come up in life from their difficult situation as a person finds difficult to change habits.

As for Rajatji, Your explanation and mine is same. After the penance has been done by the person he is all clear and come up. Nice to know that at this young age you take so much interest in all this.

Pravin Kumar
Dear Govardhan ji and Pravin ji,
Namaskar

First of all, we need to understand how this karmic theory works. Its very correct statement that we can change the destiny through free will. This is what told by Swami Vivekanand. But tell me how many people in this world have the same mental strength as He had. When we talk about karma, actually we don't do any karma but we are made to act accordingly as per the destiny and our past birth karmas. I will try to explain it through an example. When a small baby is born who becomes a militant in his youth, does he ever had a thought at all to become a militant at his childhood time. But when he gets young, the destiny makes him meet certain people who influence him towards militancy and he becomes a militant. Now again the mental strength is in picture. When we analyse a chart, we don't analyse chart only from Lagna, but from Moon and from Arudha Lagna too. Saying what is that we get influenced in a big way through planetary positions. Penance truly changes this to a large extent. But again some planetary support is required so that person may go to that level of performing penance.

Lot of people meet me and say that they want to meditate and perform mantra chantings to cut their bad karmas. But believe me among 100 people who start meditation and penance, only 10 remain to that level where penance and mantra chantings start showing the effect. Rest leave it in between.

Mantra chantings are the toughest thing to do but we take it as the easiest way. In Agni Purana, it is clearly mentioned that when we chant the mantra, a fire is ignited in our stomach and all our bad karmas should be offered in that fire to free ourselves from bad karmas. Even it is also written that once the mantra chant is performed, Ghee should be offered in the fire to diffuse it. You can see that the priests of old age always take ghee and peeper mixed after the mantra chant.

Any malefic in 4th house will abruptly block the mental strength of mantra chantings. So all this also plays a very important role that whether the person is allowed to take certain steps to change his karma or not. Like if in a chart, curse is coming from a retrograde planet, any remedy is not going to work.

At times, we do that work/karma only which we are destined to do. Can u imagine that being a Mechanical Engineer, MBA in Finance and Chartered Financial Analyst from ICFAI, is now working as full time astrologer. That too in a family, where astrologers before me were not even considered. And i was a person at one point of time, who was a strong believer that there is nothing called destiny and we can achieve anything which we want to. I realize it today that the stubbornness and my belief that there is nothing called God and planets, made the events of my life teach me a lesson. At just the age of 35, i learnt the lessons which normally people at age of 50 also don't learn.
Rgds
Om Gurubhyo Namah
Rajat Kapoor

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Rajatji and Pravinji

I am happy to read quiet informative and knowledgeable post by both of you. The question post here is can we change our destiny?

I would rather categorically say a Big No to that question

Simple  example to that is that is we cannot change our parents to whom we are born. Neither our Parents would have a choice to choose us.

Secondly with no offence meant,  I wish to take yet another example whereinSri Rajat ji posted

"  lady of 40, who has changed her life drastically, has brought me so much happiness by coming up in life and she too is very Ihappy. It took her 2 months to change herself through simple meditation exercises whereas there are thousands who do not change for they are habituated to tread the same path"

It can be argued that her destiny is such she had to meet our Rajatji and get solace. Where is the question then that her destiny is changed.  Her destiny is so predetermined she has to consult Rajatji and take a different path and get benefitted

Hence if it is predestined by God, then the change of destiny can take place. Nothing can change without the consent of God

Krishnakumar M R

Post by Krishnakumar M R » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Namaste to all !

Yes. I agree with Govardhanji. We cannot change our destiny. God is supreme. Everything is predetermined by God and also based on our past karma.

Thanks

Krishna

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Goverdhanji,

It was I who had given the example of the lady of 40 and I cannot deny that she might have been destined to get advice from me but she did follow it and benefitted it whereas so many others did not benefit to that extent. But again there are some who do rise up high fully determined as Rajatji gave example of Vivekanand. I am no astrologer and hence I will not argue on that point. Long back I had read a book 'The Laws of the Spirit World'  and I had posted some 7 or 8 Chapters in Meditation and Mind Control in 2005/06. There it written that 2 boys (brothers) died in a bike accident and when UP THERE conveyed through auto writing to their Mother about the Spirit World. There it is clearly written that you decide where you want to be born. God grants you that but you are born only to erase all the Bad Karmas that you have accumulated. Hence a person sometimes prefers to be born in a poor downtrodden family and tries to come up in life as only then he can wipe out the karmas of his past lives. Sometimes it happens that the reverse happens and the person goes down further with accumulation of more bad karmas.

The above is in reference to what Goverdhanji said that we cannot chose our parents. In any case the replies for Rajatji and Governdhanji are most  enlightening.

Pravin Kumar
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

rajat19731

Post by rajat19731 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:51 pm

govardhanvt wrote:Rajatji and Pravinji

I am happy to read quiet informative and knowledgeable post by both of you. The question post here is can we change our destiny?

I would rather categorically say a Big No to that question

Simple  example to that is that is we cannot change our parents to whom we are born. Neither our Parents would have a choice to choose us.

Secondly with no offence meant,  I wish to take yet another example whereinSri Rajat ji posted

"  lady of 40, who has changed her life drastically, has brought me so much happiness by coming up in life and she too is very Ihappy. It took her 2 months to change herself through simple meditation exercises whereas there are thousands who do not change for they are habituated to tread the same path"

It can be argued that her destiny is such she had to meet our Rajatji and get solace. Where is the question then that her destiny is changed.  Her destiny is so predetermined she has to consult Rajatji and take a different path and get benefitted

Hence if it is predestined by God, then the change of destiny can take place. Nothing can change without the consent of God
Govardhan ji,
Namaskar,

I completely agree to the point which you put here that its also a part of destiny that a person meets an astrologer. I had seen several cases, in which i gave the prediction of xyz event going to happen and the native didn't pay any consideration to it. Later, after a year or two when the event happened, he or she came back to me asking for solution.

Here one point is very important to understand that mostly people come to astrologers when a certain curse or yoga has been activated. Any curse or yoga once activated is quite a tough task to deactivate it. So as i say to all my clients and known people, please don't wait for any curse or duryoga to activate in your chart. Have consultation before that and start accepting the fact that events can be foreseen. Though it depends on the expertise of an astrologer.

In astro, i have seen very clearly that even the best astrologer hesitate in telling the events to the native. My view is always this that we should tell what we see and in the same manner. Astrologers are very much same as doctors. Yes the way to convey the event can be different so that the native should not go into panic.
Rgds
Om Gurubhyo Namah
Rajat Kapoor

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:06 pm

rajat19731 wrote:

Pravin Kumar
Namaskar

First of all, we need to understand how this karmic theory works. Its very correct statement that we can change the destiny through free will. This is what told by Swami Vivekanand. But tell me how many people in this world have the same mental strength as He had. When we talk about karma, actually we don't do any karma but we are made to act accordingly as per the destiny and our past birth karmas. I will try to explain it through an example. When a small baby is born who becomes a militant in his youth, does he ever had a thought at all to become a militant at his childhood time. But when he gets young, the destiny makes him meet certain people who influence him towards militancy and he becomes a militant. Now again the mental strength is in picture. When we analyse a chart, we don't analyse chart only from Lagna, but from Moon and from Arudha Lagna too. Saying what is that we get influenced in a big way through planetary positions. Penance truly changes this to a large extent. But again some planetary support is required so that person may go to that level of performing penance.

Lot of people meet me and say that they want to meditate and perform mantra chantings to cut their bad karmas. But believe me among 100 people who start meditation and penance, only 10 remain to that level where penance and mantra chantings start showing the effect. Rest leave it in between.

Mantra chantings are the toughest thing to do but we take it as the easiest way. In Agni Purana, it is clearly mentioned that when we chant the mantra, a fire is ignited in our stomach and all our bad karmas should be offered in that fire to free ourselves from bad karmas. Even it is also written that once the mantra chant is performed, Ghee should be offered in the fire to diffuse it. You can see that the priests of old age always take ghee and peeper mixed after the mantra chant.

Any malefic in 4th house will abruptly block the mental strength of mantra chantings. So all this also plays a very important role that whether the person is allowed to take certain steps to change his karma or not. Like if in a chart, curse is coming from a retrograde planet, any remedy is not going to work.

At times, we do that work/karma only which we are destined to do. Can u imagine that being a Mechanical Engineer, MBA in Finance and Chartered Financial Analyst from ICFAI, is now working as full time astrologer. That too in a family, where astrologers before me were not even considered. And i was a person at one point of time, who was a strong believer that there is nothing called destiny and we can achieve anything which we want to. I realize it today that the stubbornness and my belief that there is nothing called God and planets, made the events of my life teach me a lesson. At just the age of 35, i learnt the lessons which normally people at age of 50 also don't learn.
Rgds

Dear Rajat Ji,

Advance greetings on your 35 th Birthday Tomorrow. Many more Happy returns of the Day .See , U are destined to get first wish from Prasanna  , your friend , this year. ( Your are a member  here form  last 3 years ) I wish and pray u must see more up lift ments in life this year , as an Astrologer and spread the  sanctity of Astrology and help more the needy people.  

Coming to the post,  I am very glad to note , we all unanimously agreed to the point we cant change our destiny. Everything is predestined and Almighty  is ,        EVER the Supreme.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

rajat19731

Post by rajat19731 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:09 pm

It was I who had given the example of the lady of 40 and I cannot deny that she might have been destined to get advice from me but she did follow it and benefitted it whereas so many others did not benefit to that extent. But again there are some who do rise up high fully determined as Rajatji gave example of Vivekanand. I am no astrologer and hence I will not argue on that point. Long back I had read a book 'The Laws of the Spirit World'  and I had posted some 7 or 8 Chapters in Meditation and Mind Control in 2005/06. There it written that 2 boys (brothers) died in a bike accident and when UP THERE conveyed through auto writing to their Mother about the Spirit World. There it is clearly written that you decide where you want to be born. God grants you that but you are born only to erase all the Bad Karmas that you have accumulated. Hence a person sometimes prefers to be born in a poor downtrodden family and tries to come up in life as only then he can wipe out the karmas of his past lives. Sometimes it happens that the reverse happens and the person goes down further with accumulation of more bad karmas.

The above is in reference to what Goverdhanji said that we cannot chose our parents. In any case the replies for Rajatji and Governdhanji are most  enlightening.

Pravin Kumar
Dear Pravinji,
Namaskar,

If you will see the karmic theory without taking Astro into consideration, you will not be able to get the full meaning of what is written in such books. We can't separate meditation, mantra chantings, karmic theory and astrology from each other.

Now, you said its upto us where we want to get birth and in which form. This particular sutra is from astrology itself.

My Guruji Visti Larsen says in his lecture on karmic theory:

"Calculate the Chandra Upapada Lagna. See the planets aspecting that through Rasi drsti. In case of single planet, the karakatva of that planet is the one for which we will take next birth. In case of more than one planet, choose the strongest planet and the karakatva of that planet will decide the reason of next birth. Whether its a positive planet or negative planet, it will decide that what kinda desire you will be having for next birth.

Like, in a chart suppose Mars is aspecting the Chandra Upapada Lagna. And Mars is yogakaraka for the chart and is exalted. Now the person's desire will be to have power and strength in the next life. And that is what he will get in his next birth.

In case, this Mars is an inimical planet to the Lagna and is debilitated in kendra, then the native will have a desire to take revenge from someone and that will be the reason for his next birth.

So, what you said Pravinji is correct, but again it is as per the planets in your chart that what you want to desire. One can't desire to be a saint in next birth when he or she is a militant in this birth.

To get free from this desire, Mahavidya of that planet needs to be worshipped. Thats the only remedy. But its important to understand, that the knowledge of Mahavidya is also totally dependent on the chart. And the chart is totally dependent on our purva janma karmas. So its a cycle. Which overall gives the sense that destiny can't be changed. Normally, we start following people like Vivekanand or Sri Krsna or Sri Rama. Its very important for us to understand that they have been incarnations or seriously blessed souls from God.
Rgds
Om Gurubhyo Namah
Rajat Kapoor

rajat19731

Post by rajat19731 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:14 pm

prasanna wrote:
rajat19731 wrote:

Pravin Kumar
Namaskar

Rgds

Dear Rajat Ji,

Advance greetings on your 35 th Birthday Tomorrow. Many more Happy returns of the Day .See , U are destined to get first wish from Prasanna  , your friend , this year. ( Your are a member  here form  last 3 years ) I wish and pray u must see more up lift ments in life this year , as an Astrologer and spread the  sanctity of Astrology and help more the needy people.  

Coming to the post,  I am very glad to note , we all unanimously agreed to the point we cant change our destiny. Everything is predestined and Almighty  is ,        EVER the Supreme.

Regards,
Dear Prasanna ji,
Namaskar,

Thank you very much for your wishes. You are the first to wish me and you are also the first to interact with me in person from this mystic board, arnd a year back :) :) This is how destiny is :)

Ofcourse, Almighty is Ever the Supreme. :)
Om Gurubhyo Namah
Rajat Kapoor

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Incidental to the topic here is a story from Mahabharata
LAW OF KARMA

Hastinapur King Dhritarashtra once during an interview with Lord Krishna queried.
Hey Yadava Chief Lord Krishna.
Talking about Karmas.
I know about my four previous Births.
During which I have never done any such misdeed.
That I should have been born blind in this life.

Lord Krishna had to show King Dhritarashtra his previous 100 births. In the pre-100th Birth.Dhritarashtra as a Young princely boy playing with other prince-boys on a lakeside ground. Being greatly annoyed/disturbed by grasshoppers in their play, the young prince had torn off the eyes of a grasshopper that had landed on him,(by plucking the Eye-stickers) rendering the grasshopper blind .And so the Karmic reactions descended upon King Dhritarashtra after 100 Births.

Now seven generations being about 200 years.
One may well calculate the time period involved to be about 2800-2900 years.
It took so long a period of time for the punishment to have taken effect.
This is just an instance given.

The time period(s) may vary in case-to-case basis, from individuals, to groups to masses.    

Going by the above, one can postpone destiny,by doing parihars but utimately have to face the consequence for sure
Last edited by govardhanvt on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajat19731

Post by rajat19731 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:29 pm

govardhanvt wrote:Incidental to the topic here is a story from Mahabharata
LAW OF KARMA

Hastinapur King Dhritarashtra once during an interview with Lord Krishna queried.
Hey Yadava Chief Lord Krishna.
Talking about Karmas.
I know about my four previous Births.
During which I have never done any such misdeed.
That I should have been born blind in this life.

Lord Krishna had to show King Dhritarashtra his previous 100 births. In the pre-100th Birth.Dhritarashtra as a Young princely boy playing with other prince-boys on a lakeside ground. Being greatly annoyed/disturbed by grasshoppers in their play, the young prince had torn off the eyes of a grasshopper that had landed on him,(by plucking the Eye-stickers) rendering the grasshopper blind .And so the Karmic reactions descended upon King Dhritarashtra after 100 Births.

Now seven generations being about 200 years.
One may well calculate the time period involved to be about 2800-2900 years.
It took so long a period of time for the punishment to have taken effect.
This is just an instance given.

The time period(s) may vary in case-to-case basis, from individuals, to groups to masses.
Dear Govardhanji,

What an exceptional story from Mahabharata. :)

Exactly this is how we keep paying for the bad karmas we perform once :)

Rgds
Om Gurubhyo Namah
Rajat Kapoor

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Dear Rajat Ji,

Regards,

I take this oppportunity to wish in advance along with Prasanna a Very Happy Birthday and manymore returns of the day

Return to “Vedic Astrology”