12th from Saturn and why it is important

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

america.1

12th from Saturn and why it is important

Post by america.1 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:48 am

Saturn is a characterized by as the planet that is "struggling to accomplish something".  Saturn tries to make something so perfect, so defined, that the person is afraid of giving into the imperfections of it.  As life goes on, the person gradually uses the resources of life to try to piece together what is missing(Saturn).  Saturn is about karma and completion.  Whatever area Saturn is, is the place that the person will fear that he will never achieve, so he struggles; working so hard towards it; trying to put all the pieces in the perfect place.

12th from a house is "loss of the house"(note 12th doesn't mean empty or nothing, but more or less the subconscious aspects that grow together to create whatever house falls after).  The area doesn't feel as valuable, because the person is isolated on putting the subconscious pieces together.  Because of the way that Saturn works, 12th from Saturn is a house that the person has given in completely to in order to achieve Saturn's goal. Example: 9th is the house of belief systems.  When Saturn occupies a person's 9th house there is a struggle to achieve a unified belief system. Through the person's life, the native problem cuts down different ideological viewpoints because of the "flaw" that the person interprets.  The person goes on continually pushing to try to accomplish true belief.  12th house from 9th is the 8th house, the person with Saturn in 9th is usually in a frantic search through esoteric(8th) concepts trying to piece things together.  12th from Saturn is the vital part in completing Saturn's mission; as if it is strong person will get rather deep in the fundamentals of what makes up the house that Saturn occupies.

This is also why Saturn is such a wonderful raja yoga karaka in Taurus.  Whatever house that Saturn will occupy will have 12th from the rashi(if taken as a number) that it occupies.  For example, if Saturn were to occupy the 5th house for Taurus Lagna, it will be in Virgo Rashi(6th).  This connects the person to the 12th from the house characteristics that make Saturns karma more easily to deal with.

projenator

Post by projenator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:22 am

Interesting article. Can you please explain the case of Saturn in the third house ?

Thanks and regards,

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:22 am

Dear America

Hope it is applicable to Tula lagna too

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

projenator

Post by projenator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:57 am

gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear America

Regards

Swapnil
It should but saturn as yoga karaka does not necessarily ensure materialistic success as desired these days a.k.a kali yuga. If skeptical and need more confirmation, watch Bizsutra on CNBC. In one of the episodes there was a very interesting discussion how Ravana is more desirable than Ram in Kaliyuga, sounds logical, doesn't it ? Think about it.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:25 am

Dear America ji,

I assume that the writeup is based on your observations. To make it more intelligible, can you explain it with a a case study. For eg., how is astro signature of Sa in Virgo for Taurus lagna is different from that of say Mangal in the same sign with specific references to certain aspects of life of the native as demonstrated by events?

CRS
CRS

projenator

Post by projenator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:47 am

projenator wrote:

Regards

Swapnil
It should but saturn as yoga karaka does not necessarily ensure materialistic success as desired these days a.k.a kali yuga. If skeptical and need more confirmation, watch Bizsutra on CNBC. In one of the episodes there was a very interesting discussion how Ravana is more desirable than Ram in Kaliyuga, sounds logical, doesn't it ? Think about it.

I thought about this further and i don't think this holds for Libra.  Say if saturn occupies tenth house, it occupies cancer which is the fourth house of the natural zodiac, hence seventh from the tenth but not twelfth from the eleventh.

ESP

taurus lagna

Post by ESP » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 am

i have seen a case where Saturn is 3rd in Cancer for Taurus Lagna. On commencement of Saturn MD,
fellow become a popper by losing job, partner, mind. addicted to alcohol, series of illnesses  native is a wreck.
Saturn's  strength is weak in Shadbala , aspected by mars from 12th aries and vice versa. moon in 10th aquarius i.e parivartan between Sat and Moon. there might be other factors.
inspite of the setbacks above i fail to understand why would saturn's dasa be so worse even if Sa is weak?
tried to find a explanation but out of my reach

projenator

Re: taurus lagna

Post by projenator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:26 pm

ESP wrote:i have seen a case where Saturn is 3rd in Cancer for Taurus Lagna. On commencement of Saturn MD,
fellow become a popper by losing job, partner, mind. addicted to alcohol, series of illnesses  native is a wreck.
Saturn's  strength is weak in Shadbala , aspected by mars from 12th aries and vice versa. moon in 10th aquarius i.e parivartan between Sat and Moon. there might be other factors.
inspite of the setbacks above i fail to understand why would saturn's dasa be so worse even if Sa is weak?
Please try to understand third house better, it's a pretty complicated house to understand, in fact I am not clear fully myself, also third house is sixth from tenth. Saturn dasa brings addictive vices in general although that may not be true in all cases.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Dear america ji

If i have understood your article can i say that if saturn is in 10th irrespective of lagna will he follow dharma

If i am not wrong there is another article written i think by visti ji about to look the house from karaka like in our learning section there is example about karaka of 7th house is venus so look 7th house for spouse

Here too in simple way we can apply about 12th house as shani is karaka of 12th house, so too look natural karakatwa of shani we too need to look 12th from shani

I may be wrong , please correct me i just thought in simple way

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

america.1

Post by america.1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:15 am

Regards

Swapnil
Think about the notion of thought for a second.  Every single thought is always critical in structure.  For example, if one were to say that an apple tastes "good", then at the base of where the thought was produced from; one must know what tastes "bad".  The is the basic structure of the 6th house and the rashi virgo. It is the idealized/boundary formation of the mind that the person's identity(1st house) is based on.  These formations of thought structures combine and create the idealized take on the extroverted world(the 7th house).  The 8th house is the house of transformation, which is  ones goal(or the purpose one hopes to accomplish in relation to the extroverted view of the world; which is exactly why the 8th house is considered to be the seat of mysticism).  

When Saturn is in Taurus, the person is focused on the self value.  Mainly the individual becomes a functionary of Taurus values(wealth, value, etc); yet the only way to accomplish these goals is further the individual self by forming a identity(Aries values).  This is why when Saturn is in Taurus or Taurus is rising Saturn is strong because it can allow the individual to develop the identity if it is strong.  

When Saturn is in Libra, the goals are more on the opposite end of the spectrum; because it is actually a challenging viewpoint to the Saturn in Taurus.  When in Libra instead of trying to develop ones own value and wealth by stabilizing an identity(Aries), the person is more concerned with trying to help  further the cause of his fellow man by solving their problems(Virgo). Saturn in Libra is usually indicates someone being a "man of the people".

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:39 pm

ESP wrote:i have seen a case where Saturn is 3rd in Cancer for Taurus Lagna. On commencement of Saturn MD,
can you please tell me where Rahu is placed. Hope  it is placed in Lagna

govardhanvt

Re: 12th from Saturn and why it is important

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:50 pm

america.1 wrote:Saturn is a characterized by as the planet that is "struggling to accomplish something".  Saturn tries to make something so perfect, so defined, that the person is afraid of giving into the imperfections of it.  As life goes on, the person gradually uses the resources of life to try to piece together what is missing(Saturn).  Saturn is about karma and completion.  Whatever area Saturn is, is the place that the person will fear that he will never achieve, so he struggles; working so hard towards it; trying to put all the pieces in the perfect place.

12th from a house is "loss of the house"(note 12th doesn't mean empty or nothing, but more or less the subconscious aspects that grow together to create whatever house falls after).  The area doesn't feel as valuable, because the person is isolated on putting the subconscious pieces together.  Because of the way that Saturn works, 12th from Saturn is a house that the person has given in completely to in order to achieve Saturn's goal. Example: 9th is the house of belief systems.  When Saturn occupies a person's 9th house there is a struggle to achieve a unified belief system. Through the person's life, the native problem cuts down different ideological viewpoints because of the "flaw" that the person interprets.  The person goes on continually pushing to try to accomplish true belief.  12th house from 9th is the 8th house, the person with Saturn in 9th is usually in a frantic search through esoteric(8th) concepts trying to piece things together.  12th from Saturn is the vital part in completing Saturn's mission; as if it is strong person will get rather deep in the fundamentals of what makes up the house that Saturn occupies.

This is also why Saturn is such a wonderful raja yoga karaka in Taurus.  Whatever house that Saturn will occupy will have 12th from the rashi(if taken as a number) that it occupies.  For example, if Saturn were to occupy the 5th house for Taurus Lagna, it will be in Virgo Rashi(6th).  This connects the person to the 12th from the house characteristics that make Saturns karma more easily to deal with.
It is said that the position of saturn in a particular house enhances the quality of the house, while the satrun aspect on a house destroy the nature of the house.

ESP

Post by ESP » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:00 am

govardhanvt wrote:
can you please tell me where Rahu is placed. Hope  it is placed in Lagna
hello ,

Rahu is placed in 5th house for the native in Virgo.
Also Rahu is Nakshatra lord Satabhishak.
details of native for info if needed to analyse--
july 5th 1977, secunderabad AP, 3.49 am)

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:38 pm

america.1 wrote:

Regards

Swapnil
Think about the notion of thought for a second.  Every single thought is always critical in structure.  For example, if one were to say that an apple tastes "good", then at the base of where the thought was produced from; one must know what tastes "bad".  The is the basic structure of the 6th house and the rashi virgo. It is the idealized/boundary formation of the mind that the person's identity(1st house) is based on.  These formations of thought structures combine and create the idealized take on the extroverted world(the 7th house).  The 8th house is the house of transformation, which is  ones goal(or the purpose one hopes to accomplish in relation to the extroverted view of the world; which is exactly why the 8th house is considered to be the seat of mysticism).  

When Saturn is in Taurus, the person is focused on the self value.  Mainly the individual becomes a functionary of Taurus values(wealth, value, etc); yet the only way to accomplish these goals is further the individual self by forming a identity(Aries values).  This is why when Saturn is in Taurus or Taurus is rising Saturn is strong because it can allow the individual to develop the identity if it is strong.  

When Saturn is in Libra, the goals are more on the opposite end of the spectrum; because it is actually a challenging viewpoint to the Saturn in Taurus.  When in Libra instead of trying to develop ones own value and wealth by stabilizing an identity(Aries), the person is more concerned with trying to help  further the cause of his fellow man by solving their problems(Virgo). Saturn in Libra is usually indicates someone being a "man of the people".

Hi America1,

Your revelations are quite correct.

I was just wondering! The 12th house is termed a difficult house, and the planets in the 12th. house pose a difficulty for the lagna, or in terms of the lagna, though they co exist naturally.

Lets say for a 9th. Saturn affecting and sparking the need for belief systems, as you mentioned in this thread, makes the native take support of the esoteric 8th. house.

Here the 9th. house becomes the first house and the 9th. house becomes 12th to it.

But the 12th. house poses difficulty for the 1st.    Though they coexist naturally.

Does it or do you imply that such a person should/should not take the help/support of the esoteric?

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

projenator

Post by projenator » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:26 am

RishiRahul wrote:
america.1 wrote:

Regards

Swapnil

Hi America1,

Your revelations are quite correct.

I was just wondering! The 12th house is termed a difficult house, and the planets in the 12th. house pose a difficulty for the lagna, or in terms of the lagna, though they co exist naturally.

Lets say for a 9th. Saturn affecting and sparking the need for belief systems, as you mentioned in this thread, makes the native take support of the esoteric 8th. house.

Here the 9th. house becomes the first house and the 9th. house becomes 12th to it.

But the 12th. house poses difficulty for the 1st.    Though they coexist naturally.

Does it or do you imply that such a person should/should not take the help/support of the esoteric?

RishiRahul
Back, finally !

Return to “Vedic Astrology”