The Fools Journey......The Matrix Tarot

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Cascade of Light

The Fools Journey......The Matrix Tarot

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:20 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXk0p27 ... re=related

How interesting. The film The Matrix can be likened to the Fools Journey. And apparently it WAS intentional :)

Cassie x
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi Cassie,

Yebo, thanks for your view, that Tarot is not a mere, physical set of circumstance. The essence of the movie is al about "different" worlds, and how to access these.

I unfortunately stopped the download as it takes a long time, because I use my cell phone, and our tower is not 3G. We live in Africa!

The movie "Matrix" was not intentionally made to portray the Fools journey. The hypothesis, is that of the Author of the "Matrix Tarot".

What I do find interesting is the "exclusive" use of the RW, as referance? We find a very similar scenario in "TROY", with Achilles, the Magician, meeting his mother--said to be a Goddess. Then the "challenge"---Victory, and so we continue.

Life is build around all these interfacing concepts, it's portrayed in movies, our own "politics" with others, as high as King and Queens!

The Fools journey can be viewed on Aeclectic Tarot forum, as they interpret it!

What I do agree with, is the movement between spirit and the "perceived" day-to-day Universe. No wonder that we see the ships are powered by a "obscure" source of "spirit or transcendental" energy, with all the sparks flying. Look at Harry Potter, we have as many sparks flying in the "Order of the Phoenix", if not more.

Magick is a tool that works on "energy" and how you apply it! Each life or thing, is seen as an element on a string of energy. Change the string of energy, and you change the circumstance of the knot in the string, perhaps being a tree or a human being? Following the series, we eventually see, a full cycle completed, without a real basic consideration.

This is an extremely interesting subject, as we can see, that we have numeric sequences running all the time, in the movie. From top to bottom.

Is this a matter of "As above, so Below?"

Blessed be.
Do as you want, Harm none!

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:53 pm

actually at the end of that clip the Wachowski brothers were interviewed and said that it was intentional?

Lol is your life always so complicated? A simple fun clip and an idea, no need for deep debate and theorising, just something to smile at :)

Cassie lol
Cas x

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:27 pm

:smt005 Now we not only have the Matrix, but also Troy and even Harry Potter, hee, hee... (I have been watching some Harry Potter videos on YouTube today, what a coincidence; no Tarot, though, even though it should be a subject in the school, I guess).

BTW, I tried to find out if there is a 'Matrix Tarot' out there, but I only saw some program for Windows with that name. I really didn't see much relationship between the Majors and the film scenes, but then I am not a great fan of that film, so I may be prejudiced against it.

It is true not all of us enjoy reaching deep complexity in each and every subject we touch, but that's what makes the site so interesting. Maybe it has to do with having more or less time in your hands, or being more or less curious about certain subjects.

Anyway, I hope i get time one of these days to carry on with my study of the Fool's path through the CC positions. That I am finding quite interesting :smt016
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:35 pm

I never liked this film and in fact I slept half way through it.
I have watched the clip and it did not resonate with me with reference to the tarot cards.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:43 am

Hi Cassie,

This is an interesting topic to run with--The Fool's journey that is.

I will open a thread on this topic and add it on "How much do you want to learn".

In the same sense, when we now start doing this Journey, as at Aeclectic, we find a "thirteen,s observations" I will not add any comment, but just ask a question, and we take it and go with it?

How about that guys?

Thanks again Cassie for a wonderful topic!!!! :smt003

Blessed be.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:30 am

Payweacker,

please continue this new topic in here.. the 'How Much Do you Want to Learn' is becoming RATHER a long and a daunting thread......
my opinion...

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi Cedars.

I agree with you on having a separate thread on this subject.

I started a new thread on The Fools Journey, which has no connotation to the "Matrix Tarot" at all!

"How much do you want to learn" is becoming extensive. But, all the subjects listed in that thread, are separate discussions, each, on it's own thread.

We have dicussions on that thread, but it also serve as "index" to the topics covered.

Then, even if a new member needs to refer or wish to explore a specific subject, we have all of them listed, and the links, in one grouping?

Blessed be

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:48 pm

Wow ..how many Payewackers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Cas x

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi Cassie,

Thank-God, only one :smt003

Blessed be

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi Cassie,

Well, now?

You started a topic, and therefore you should finish that which you started!

I think you need to edit this posting's name to be The Fools Journey, and the Halls of Artemis.

I employed someone to particularly research this subject, i'm not going to lead the discussions whatsoever! This is your bag of eggs!

A "tit-bit" of info I have is;

The awakening of this person, be it a Pharoah or Priest or Fool. Realising he was in a huge Hall, with different stone doors leading in differing directions.

This sudden awakening happened in Atlantis---The Lost City. The revelation he received, is to lead his people to the Mayans! (I wonder why?). So the entire tribe set out to go across thousands of miles, due to the "revelation" of a "who"?

Then the one to guide him to each door was a negative force called "PRIDE"

Then subsequently Atlantis dissapeared due to the highest "enlightenment" being removed from this City?

In this Myth, the journey from Atlantis to the Mayans are described, the two Emarald tablets of Thoth, found " somewhere, where they encamped, not even known by the Highest Priest.

Then a referance is made to 2012. This is said to be the "end of the earth" But, is calculated from the "Birth of Christ" So, inevitable, all the  "Sudden destructions of Earth" was purely viariable Hypothisis, made by obscure "guides" So this Earth has a many more centuries to go.

The Mayan Calender end in 2012, They just didn't bother to continue this calender.

If you go to Aztec, or Mayan worshiping centres. You will find it consist of a Pit, with levels, linked by ladders, to bring you down to the "root source" This is a hole in the ground, and is in the middle of the circle in the lowest level. This is seen to be the "source of all life"

Maybe you want to explore the "Four worlds of the Hopi".

If you studied Sichen's works and obviously the theory you try to impart here, is the existence of the "super race", who in turn created all the bastardized versions or "hybrids" of the human race.

Then, Carl Jung, is no stranger to me at all!! If you are to look at his works. None are attached to the Tarot! His work mainly concentrated on the Germanic God called Wotan, who in Mythology is Odin. Then again, i'm not particularly pre-occupied with these teachings whatsoever. He was a mere "PHILOSOPHER", discussing and interested in his own teachings, like Freud.

So it would be very important for you to discuss the Fools journey, as you see it and derived from the Ananuki, in the 22 Halls of Amentis.

Blessed be.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:11 pm

The topic was a fun utube video about the film The Matrix and how it could be related to the Major Arcana, nothing more, nothing less. My work here is done lol.
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:46 pm

Goodbye then.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Seem unfair to hijack a thread and change its purpose n'est pas Cedars?  There are far more important things than discussing what my thread was about lol.

Cassie x
Cas x

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:11 am

Hi Pirbid,

Yes, I also thought it odd for no Tarot to be featured in the movies of Harry Potter. And now, maybe the following books will not even be continued as movies at all. This due to our dear Harry, or actor, publicly proclaiming himself being gay as well. What hypocrisy?

Perhaps this topic may have been covered. Then again, in the movies, we see "altruistic" magick, and a "real-life" display of the "unseen" energies we work with?

Blessed be.

Return to “Tarot”