Could a dead moth for Happyme signify spiritual awakening with need 4 protection?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

PetraVanilla

Could a dead moth for Happyme signify spiritual awakening with need 4 protection?

Post by PetraVanilla » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:39 am

Happyme had asked on the symbolism of a dead moth and after a little research I came up with a conclusion that I would like an opinion on. The thread was closed however, and since Happyme seems to be subject to a rapid spiritual awakening, I thought I post it here with the advice for her to learn more about developing and properly using her psychic abilities and shielding/protecting herself from negative psychic influences like psychic vampires. Please help me help her!

On the dead moth symbolism:

I read the following:

Quote- "Moths are nocturnal, and much of their symbolism deals with:

* Intuition
   * Psychic perception
   * Heightened awareness

Indeed, many people who are spiritual practitioners (particularly of an esoteric ilk) attract the moth as their animal totems.

As if being a night-dweller weren’t enough, the moths are babes of the moon.  They follow the mother moon as a source of light, and this connects them with some powerful moon associations such as:

* Knowledge of the Otherworld
   * Second sight
   * Influence
   * Prophesy
   * Clarity

However, as I mentioned in my in-depth page on moth symbolism here, those of us who fly high with the moth must be mindful to not be too carried away by her influence.  Moon creatures such as moths ask us to have a firm foundation before lunar journeying.

The moth expresses some tender vulnerabilities, which I’ve mentioned here. We may take this as a message to be open to our heightened spiritual experiences yet allow for adjustment and protection too.

Indeed, we find this theme of protection in the moth’s chrysalis.  Unlike her cousin, the butterfly (with whom the moth shares many symbolic attributes), the moth’s cocoon is like an internalized womb with a hard casing, allowing more protection against the elements.  (the butterfly has an externalized womb, more exposed and subjective to the environment).

This may be analogous of garnering protection for ourselves in our spiritual practices.  The moth reminds us to have a willing heart in our spiritual growth, but realize the heart is a treasure to be taken care of.  Part of this care taking involves nurturing and protection during times of development.
A master of disguise, the moth can blend in to the point of invisibility. This is a metaphor for us to use our environment to our advantage, blend in when necessary, adjust and adapt when the situation requires it." - End Quote

Happyme, if my intuition is once again right, you have suddenly come out of hiding, out of spiritual camouflage. It is a new beginning like Spiritalk told you, however, the fact that the moth was dead may mean that you are missing protection, now that you are out in the open. I would highly suggest that you work on the protection thing...

You need to be able to control who you invite into your spiritual life, no matter if that is someone alive or someone from a whole different realm...

OK - this one's open for discussion now!
Petra
"There is no try - just do"
Learn about what I do :) http://petrasando.us

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Peta, I love your wisdom. I checked out Happy's topic titled "weird" and :)
I have to agree with your conclusion. She does seem to be pretty up beat
about things though :) which is probably why she is handling things so well and she might
already have some strong built in defences or she would be a basket case :) which
she does not seem to be. At the same time she does need to watch carefully what
she is opening up :)  

And what you posted about moths was very interesting!

love,

sunmystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Perhaps the moth being dead just means that a part of the spirituality will die to make room for the next step.  We die all the time to ideas and grow with accepting and using the next level.  Death is never an ending - it is a transition.
God bless, J

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Thank you Sunmystic =)

And Spiritalk: That all makes a lot of sense... after talking to Happyme ALOT, I find that she is most definitely starting a new step within her spiritual life!! Oh and I intend to pay attention to her along the way! *wink*

Hugs to all!

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:50 pm

PetraVanilla wrote:Thank you Sunmystic =)

And Spiritalk: That all makes a lot of sense... after talking to Happyme ALOT, I find that she is most definitely starting a new step within her spiritual life!! Oh and I intend to pay attention to her along the way! *wink*

Hugs to all!
:)

love,

sunmystic

happyme

Post by happyme » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:38 am

Thanks everyone for all the assistance and positive vibes so far. I am definitely upbeat now because I know what is happening and I perceive it to be a beautiful experience, but I used to be basket case in beginning when I wasn't grasping all the 'crises' that came. I think I am starting to balance out now though, and I think the more I understand and accept and fear less is the more I become grounded. I have you ladies, my spirit guide, and the angels on my side. Thanks again! :)

I will continue to read up more in the psychic development section as spiritalk had advised and particularly on tips about shielding and grounding.

Love and Light
Be Happy

Return to “Psychic”