Matching moon and ascendant signs for couples?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ceematt

Matching moon and ascendant signs for couples?

Post by ceematt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:10 am

I recently started dating someone that I met through a friend.  The connection is incredible! :smt008   So out of curiosity I looked up her chart.

My combination:
Sun Sagittarius
Moon Scorpio
Rising Leo

Her combination
Sun Libra
Moon Scorpio
Rising Leo

What are the odds of that?!  How do yall think a pairing like this would work out?  I feel like I kinda know, but I want to hear what y'all think.

-C.M.

ceematt

to go a little further...

Post by ceematt » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:41 am

This is what our natal details are...

Me......                                            Her.....

Sun     18 deg 44 min Sagittarius      Sun      9 deg 00 min Libra
Moon     0 deg 43 min Scorpio          Moon    25 deg 11 min Scorpio
Mercury  0 deg 27 min Capricorn      Mercury  2 deg 57 min Scorpio
Venus   27 deg 50 min Sagittarius     Venus   22 deg 23 min Scorpio
Mars     0 deg 40 min Aquarius          Mars    18 deg 48 min Leo
Jupiter 26 deg 53 min Scorpio           Jupiter 18 deg 11 min Libra
Saturn   1 deg 10 min Scorpio          Saturn  12 deg 21 min Libra
Uranus   5 deg 43 min Sagittarius     Uranus  27 deg 29 min Scorpio
Neptune 26 deg 28 min Sagittarius  Neptune 22 deg 19 min Sagittarius
Pluto   28 deg 44 min Libra             Pluto   23 deg 39 min Libra
Asc.    28 deg 10 min Leo               Asc.    25 deg 09 min Leo
MC      22 deg 04 min Taurus         MC      18 deg 14 min Taurus
2nd cusp20 deg 59 min Virgo         2nd cusp17 deg 37 min Virgo
3rd cusp18 deg 57 min Libra          3rd cusp15 deg 15 min Libra
5th cusp27 deg 14 min Sagittarius  5th cusp23 deg 38 min Sagittarius
6th cusp29 deg 50 min Capricorn    6th cusp26 deg 34 min Capricorn

Pappy1985

Pairing

Post by Pappy1985 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:39 pm

What i can say from my experience is that we would always meet people with one similarities or the other in our charts. For example the signs overlapping your 7th and 1st house, our sun sign and our rising sign. We would always be involved with people of these signs. So the fact of if your guys are paired alright may matter on more than those things u mentioned.
We are nothing

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:09 pm

Most of us are visual people and need to see charts pref from astro.com synastry bi wheel and composite and/or both natals would be helpful.

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Mon May 10, 2010 7:09 am

Well, in theory it seems like pretty good compatibility (at least in my opinion!)

But, upon closer examination, I realized your Moons are very far out of orb...

So your Moon is an early Scorpio Moon, taking on a LOT of Libra with it (0' signs do that...)

Hers is 25', making it in the "spiritual" decan of Scorpio, whereas your is "physical" (and Libran!).

But this does not mean they're incompatible, I'm actually not an expert so don't take my word for it...

But I do know that "orbs" (range of degrees) matter & are apparently more important than signs (because it is more about mathematics). So your Moons are verging on being "semi-square" (60' apart)

Your Ascendants are conjunct! I'm sure that is helpful...

Your Sun's are about 9' apart, so I know for natal aspects the rule is 8-10' orbs for conjunctions. But I've been hearing lately that synastry conjunctions are limited to only 3' orbs! So, depending on what you believe, they may or may not be sextile...

Your Mercury's are sextile. That's good. Beyond that, I see a lot of semi-squares. Not sure how to interpret that!

Take care! :)

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat May 15, 2010 3:45 pm

AriesJupiter wrote:Well, in theory it seems like pretty good compatibility (at least in my opinion!)

So your Moon is an early Scorpio Moon, taking on a LOT of Libra with it (0' signs do that...)

Hers is 25', making it in the "spiritual" decan of Scorpio, whereas your is "physical" (and Libran!).

But this does not mean they're incompatible, I'm actually not an expert so don't take my word for it...

But I do know that "orbs" (range of degrees) matter & are apparently more important than signs (because it is more about mathematics). So your Moons are verging on being "semi-square" (60' apart)

Your Sun's are about 9' apart, so I know for natal aspects the rule is 8-10' orbs for conjunctions. But I've been hearing lately that synastry conjunctions are limited to only 3' orbs! So, depending on what you believe, they may or may not be sextile...

Your Mercury's are sextile. That's good. Beyond that, I see a lot of semi-squares. Not sure how to interpret that!

In synastry max orbs are 3' Semi sextile would be 30' 60'= sextile aspect. Sun and Moon is max 10' the rest is 8' with sextiles and trines =6' and quincunx max 3'
semi square in synastry are not valide, only major aspects of which they are not.

mysticvirgo

Well I do have a few points of contention against the other

Post by mysticvirgo » Wed May 19, 2010 5:23 pm

peeps with the same ascending signs will indicatie , to me, that you are both sharing the same ( or very very very similar) attitudes about life.. Similar interests, Similatr attituudes towards mony and relationships, similar spiritual views, ect.

even though the more traditional views are that conjunctions are good, I Ihave seen theat the most vibrant relationships were not with the cpouples whose inner ,personal, plantes were within the 'orbs of feffect' But simply in the same sign and houses!  

too much of a good thing,, Harmonious aspects, in a synastry shart could result in a 'dull' partnership, you guys would be soo much alike or so harmonious in personaly and viws that there wouldn't be much in the way of 'fre' in the relationship.

From what I can see, the both of you are highly compatable with jst enough difference to make a life together interesting, and at times, flat out FUN!  

I wish you the best of luck!

Mysticvirgo67

QueenNephtis

Post by QueenNephtis » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:03 pm

AriesJupiter wrote:Well, in theory it seems like pretty good compatibility (at least in my opinion!)

Well, I am Mars in aquarius and sag myself, with lots of capricorn around chart and I dated someone with lots of scorpio like you are doing. Is very attractive and I felt dangerous attraction feeling, but I felt afraid/suffocated and prefered a cancer type. But I am mostly capricorn so, we might differ. :)
Sag Sun/Cap Moon/Aries Rising

Return to “Western Astrology”