How to avoid Virus/trojan/spyware Please Read!

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rhutobello

How to avoid Virus/trojan/spyware Please Read!

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:21 pm

I am sorry to say that internet are not perfect.

There is a lot of people who aren't as honest as you and me.

There is people who can do anything for a nickel, even try to destroy your defences so they can take control of your PC.

To surf on the net, and to read forums like this is fairly safe.

It is when you click a link inside someones post, or on a search, that your defenses can  be lured.

By clicking the link you accept that the pc execute the line that is hidden behind what you see, and it is here many of the nasty thing is delivered.

We try to hold an restrictive line on posting links.
We are especial against new members who post links, and I try as good as I can to delete them as fast as possible.

I urge you all to look at the members name, to the left in the post, and then see how many post (S)he has done.
If below 10 post, then don't click the link.
If you want to see the site mention...then put the name into search field and go to the site that way....it saves you, even if it takes longer time.

If you see post with links from quiet new members...use the inappropriate button, and I will evaluate the post.

I recomed all to have one major virus program and at least one spy ware program....but for them to function you have to let them search your computer at least each 14 days...I do each week at night.

For those who need a good free program I give a link :)
http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus ... 20142.html

On the same site you can search for free security programs that fit your need.

Return to “General Discussion”