Do you believe in luck?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Do you believe in luck?

Post by swetha » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:15 am

How would you define luck? Do you think luck makes or breaks a person?
Or is hardwork the solution? :smt003

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:07 am

Someone was explaining to me recently a study they heard about where they got people who were thought lucky and people who were thought unlucky and set up a course point a to b type thing. They put things a long the course that could be found. The lucky people were looking around them and found things. The unlucky people walked probably just looking at the ground in front of them straight to the end. The morale here is those considered lucky are generally those who have their minds free enough to see the opportunities in front of them.

Luck as in beginners luck, is the universe giving opportunities to make something. Like some lines of work don't have much return till they are well developed. One making genuine effort to develop may be blessed with the luck they need to do so. If the luck is taken for granted and efforts not made to develop, luck will eventually run out.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

Leof

Post by Leof » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 am

I am open to the idea of luck. I don't see it as just being some unexplicable force that just asserts it'self randomly but still maybe a force beyond the mundane. Some people, despite who they are, have a lot of things just gravitate towards them. Maybe some kind of divine or astrological influence.

feistymoon

Post by feistymoon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:00 am

I think to a large extent people create their own good fortune or luck. There is obviously a case for circumstance or opportunity, and some people definately have more opportunities than others, but I feel it's how you utilise those opportunities that dictate whether the outcome could be regarded as 'lucky' or not.

There are certain cases of luck that I simply don't believe in. For example, it is regarded as unlucky to see one magpie and lucky to see two. For about 3 months at work I saw a single magpie every day when I went to get lunch. I explained the superstition regarding these birds to a persian man I worked with one day and he laughed as he had never heard it before. This type of luck (or bad luck), specifically one which does not transcend cultural barriers, I cannot see as being true.

DevilshAngel

Post by DevilshAngel » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:05 am

I think it depends on how you look at your situations.  Maybe some people are seeing the good sides of something that maybe be seen as bad luck.  But  its always good to stay positive.  You know what they say don't put that negative energy out there cause it will come back at you ;)
♥Believe♥

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:07 pm

I'm a lottery winner, and I don't even believe in chance.

zooey

Post by zooey » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:19 pm

yes, I do.
While I think there is room to move in any situation I have come across many (too numerous to even contemplate counting) where people are working with everything they have and STILL it doesn't go right.  I've also seen people who have, for what seems like divine inspiration (because it makes no logical sense) find themselves in the fortunate position of receiving chance after chance, despite lack of effort.
I don't know if it's the be all and end all of life but I definitely think it exists.

peacelovevegan

Post by peacelovevegan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:35 pm

I think 'luck' has a lot to do with the thoughts you send out to the universe. I think if you're thinking positively and sending out positive, rather than negative energies, you'll attract good things back in your life. Law of attraction, really. Over the past year I've won a lot of competitions, I enter quite a few online from a  competition site I go on and every time I always have a positive approach to it. Admittedly, the majority I've won are 25 words or less... so maybe I'm just good with words lol (which would indicate effort) but I like to think it's more to do with what we put out to the universe. Luck will come if you believe it will!

carfon

Post by carfon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:07 pm

i think, we have the mental power toi create what we want, and tha awareness of this ability brings to us anything we desire, not only what we conciuosly want but also what subconciusly we have in our minds.

thegirl

Post by thegirl » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:29 pm

yes i do believe in lucky,i think that lucky comes from our energies

CoolDude

Post by CoolDude » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Yes, luck plays an important role in your life. Some people are just born lucky. According to palmistry, luck line of a person determine how lucky that person is in his life.

hack

Post by hack » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Yes, I believe in luck.
Hardworking will get you 99% job done, luck add the remaining 1% to make it perfect.

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:38 am

i strongly believe in luck.can u imagine a person getting job in food corporation after passing class 10.i know the person of whom i am talking about.she earns a lot.what u call it luck or hard work?same case with me also, i am now working in a private company just after completing graduation.i have no experience neither i computer knowledge very well.what u would u call?according to me it is LUCK.

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:24 am

Well I've yet to experience any so no for now.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:25 pm

You can make your own luck.  The natural law dictates that what we send out (cause) will have a resultant return (effect).
God bless, J

Return to “General Discussion”