Favourite Card

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

irish witch

Favourite Card

Post by irish witch » Wed May 13, 2009 11:01 am

What is everyones favourite card from the Rider Waite deck.. and why?

PandorasKyn

Post by PandorasKyn » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:25 am

I don't think I have a favorite card so much as a card has decided to choose me.

the 9 of swords in rider-waite always, and I mean ALWAYS comes up when someone does readings for me.  of course, dependent upon where it lies shows the importance.

but without fail - at least 9 out of 10 times, that card comes up.

the image of the girl, sitting in her bed, head in her hands with the swords lined up so neatly on the wall beside her - the image is powerful.

so often the swords arcana are revealed for me and so often i get conflicting meanings from people, but they obviously are connected to me and I to them.
Never trust your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. - M. Twain

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:36 pm

I agree, it is one of those cards that is just heart wrenching. I think I like The Moon best, the howling and the change of light, worst card, that daft 6 of cups with the kids strangely drawn lol.
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi Guys,

I also don't really have a "favoured" card. But, as the placements of the cards in a spread, it would present itself as favoured or not.

I enjoy, Death, Judgement and believe it or not, the Tower. These cards all come with a potential "rebirth" or "regenaration"

The ten of Swords, I attach to the Tower. In all the doom and gloom, we find a brighter tomorrow or a sunrise in sight!!!

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

snowdropfaerie

Post by snowdropfaerie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:28 pm

I have not been able to engage with Rider Waite deck, however within the decks I have used, I always feel at peace with the Temperance card.

saboinia

favorite card

Post by saboinia » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:40 pm

i dont really have a fovoried card but i seem to live the 5 of penticles and 7 of penticles.  the five of penticles is being buried by a mountain of debit and the seven of penticles is being generous.  you see even though i have a mountain of debit when i have money i do share.  i pay my bills first then share what is left over.

sweetsunray

Re: favorite card

Post by sweetsunray » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:21 am

saboinia wrote:i dont really have a fovoried card but i seem to live the 5 of penticles and 7 of penticles.  the five of penticles is being buried by a mountain of debit and the seven of penticles is being generous.  you see even though i have a mountain of debit when i have money i do share.  i pay my bills first then share what is left over.
You can also see the 5 of pentacles as a love card... there are 2 people outside the church in the cold. Sometimes hardships in life bring people closer together. Whether that's a positive depends on the rest of the lay out. People can 'find' and learn to 'work as a team' because of it, but they can also cling to each other (like in a trap) to have someone to share their mysery with.
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

saboinia

my favored card

Post by saboinia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:41 am

i too have not had the pleasure of useing the raider-waite deck, icant seem to find it in any store. but the deck i do have is based off the rider waite deck.  it is called the robin wood deck.  the hierophant seems to have chosen me in three out of the last 5 spreads ive done he has been there.  looking appluading and returning to the old ways.

greenmerlin

Post by greenmerlin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:01 pm

The Moon because even in somewhat uninspired decks its usually drawn/painted/cgied beautifully.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Sweetsunray,

I agree with you about the V of Pentacles. It is not as negative as the picture depicts. It is not the ultimate loss as we are led to believe. It is the lack of............ could be money, good health...... but also could be of love and understanding. So, I do believe it is not always a material thing with this card. I have had this card in a love and understanding issue, but due to the hardships of a situation, the couple could get together for a common cause.

delllac

Post by delllac » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:42 pm

I love the star.
It make my heart warm when I see it in a reading or looking at it.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:16 pm

:) I also love the discharge from the Tower, as well as the skills displayed by the Magician and Strength. But, since I value freedom above most other things, I guess my favorite is the Star, followed closely by the innocent Fool.

Funny how most of us seem to chose from the Major Arcana  :)
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Yes, we seem to be doing that Pirbid, but there are some really good ones in the Minors too.

But I think we seem to stick to the archetypes as they must mean something to us for our inner psyche rather than the mundane.

scarabcameo

favorite card

Post by scarabcameo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:37 pm

The Star -- because of its beauty and peace.

Return to “Tarot”