your favourite tarot method

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

sumbum

your favourite tarot method

Post by sumbum » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:58 am

I'd love to know what everyone's usual method is. Be it celtic cross, or three card spread! Day to day basis I just do a one-card spread if I'm in a hurry but at night if I have time I will do usually a three-card spread. Every week or two I will do a celtic spread. But were all different! Please share.

Mind you - I have only been doing tarot for only three months so I'm still a learner!!
live the life you love, love the life you live

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:42 pm

I am not a big fan of the Celtic cross but am getting into terms in dealing with it. I find some of its position meanings unnecessary and uncalled for - my opinion. But, having said that, I am starting to use it occasionally an developing a better 'relationship' with it. There are sooo many other spreads and I dont understand why this one has become the main working spread for tarot.

jarday

tarot spreads

Post by jarday » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:49 am

I too generally use the celtic spread but for shorter readings use the three or one card. I think the celtic is like the three card (past, present, future) but a more elaborative reading.

I have had cards for few years, but haven't given them enough attention for a while. Am beginning to enjoy them again now.
toknowthefutureistobeguided

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:14 am

I at the moment do a 5 card spread.

first card clarifies my thinking, second card looks at obstacles, third card looks at whats around me, fourth card is the wild card and the unexpected and the fifth card is my percieved outcome.

If i am unsure of the cards meaning I take the top 2 cards from the pack to augement the meaning.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

solar moon

Post by solar moon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:27 pm

I'm not very regular in the way I do spreads. I play this game with people where we ask a question and do a 2 card spread but can have only 1 sentence answer.

the last spread i did for myself was a five card. 1 card represented the Subject, 2nd Subject on a physical level, 3rd on a metal level, 4th on a emotional level and 5th on a spiritual level. It shows a lot into the whole situation.
the darkness protects what little is left to see by the light of the day.

ResidentEthel

Post by ResidentEthel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Yeah,lets all big it up for the celitic cross!! i do occasionally do a 6 card reading similar to the 3 card but 2 rows, one for present, one for near future.....and then middle column for truth, right for advice, left for obstacles)....thats quite useful...

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:52 pm

I dont understand your six cards and the five columns ResidentEthel.
Can you clarify?
Or are you talking about six cards with all those different columns?
I am confused.
thanks.

ResidentEthel

Post by ResidentEthel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:25 pm

cedars wrote:I dont understand your six cards and the five columns ResidentEthel.
Can you clarify?
Or are you talking about six cards with all those different columns?
I am confused.
thanks.
sorry i'll lay it out this way, hope this clarifies it for you

3 1 2
6 4 5

i lay the cards out as numbered above.

cards 1-3 are present, cards 4-6 are near future.

1/4 - The truth/reality
2/5 - what you should aim to do
3/6 - what you should avoid

that clearer? :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Still confusing and needlessly so, perhaps?
Why can't it be?

1 2 3
4 5 6

have you perhpas mistyped the locations?

To me the above makes more sense.

ResidentEthel

Post by ResidentEthel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:34 pm

cedars wrote:Still confusing and needlessly so, perhaps?
Why can't it be?

1 2 3
4 5 6

have you perhpas mistyped the locations?

To me the above makes more sense.
haha sorry - thats genuinely the order i lay them in, not sure why....but i do, i suppose it doesn't matter either way as long as it's clear in your mind what you're trying to achieve when you lay out the cards

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:54 pm

:) I suppose so.

Anyhow, it is a good spread and I may look at from my own perspective.

Thank you for taking the time to elaborate on this.

Best wishes.

lilanarchy

Post by lilanarchy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:17 pm

i personally do the celtic cross for may occasions but i am fond of different spread for different questions. the birds eye view spread and getting to the bottom of the matter spread are two of my favorites to use.

aparajita

Post by aparajita » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:31 am

Lilianarchy Can you help me understand these spreads ? I haven't tried them out before and would love to try it. I have a couple of situations where I believe these spreads would be very well suited and helpful.
Beginner in Tarot reading

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:45 pm

I really like a variation of three card method. Here, you lay three cards as usual BUT when one is reversed, it means that things should be that way but they're blocked so, you take out an extra one and put it under it to see what was blocking it. Then, and this is only with Marseilles--since here not all cards have figures--when you get a figure (horse, king, etc) you see what direction it is looking at to interpret that card it sees. If there is no card, you draw an extra one and so on...

Using this method I've constructed complete stories for querents since you can continue to draw cards until you have revealed all blocks and to see where all cards are looking. It is a very comprehensive and insightful way of improving the tradition three-card spread.

saboinia

tarot ard methods

Post by saboinia » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:45 am

i like my varation on the celtic cross. i lay out the cards as usual but then add one card to the left and right of the column. the one on the right is obsticles the one on the left is final outcome.  i find that adding these additional cards helps to clarify any quiestions in my mind.  
for the day to day things i use one card spread.  i do this daily and look up all the meanings that i can find and record them in my tarot journal.  i do that at the start of the day. at the end of the day i look at what i wrote in the morning and check for accuracy. and record that in my tarot journal. along with the time of the reading and the time that i looked at it in the evening, makeing sure to record any accuracy or inaccuracy that may have shown itself during the day.
keeping a tarot journal helps to keep track of your progress with the cards.

Return to “Tarot”