How long does it take to open up the third eye chakra?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

matt22113

How long does it take to open up the third eye chakra?

Post by matt22113 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:08 am

Hi everyone

I'm beganing on a journey to open up my psychic abilitys.

I have created an audio hypnosis track for myself which I listen to daily.

I also use this techinique that I read about in an ebook, where you stare into a mirror until your face disappears and a new face appears, and I have seen a glimpse of my aura while doing this.

I've been practice guessing card suites as well

I've been doing this for two weeks and i'm starting to get headaches every evening after I meditate

I have heard this is normal, but how long does this last?

If I continue on this path how long will it be until i'm psychic?

I guess theres no way of knowing because everyone is different

but does anyone else have experince, with opening up their psychic ability?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:32 pm

If you are experiencing pain or discomfort something is wrong.  The practices mentioned are very low level energies and you need to raise your sights.

Check out the notes at the Mystic Academy on Mediumship Development for some better techniques and exercises.  Never accept pain as your right from a spirit source.  Love does not mean pain.  And all psychic work done with the right motivation - love - does not cause pain or discomfort.
God bless, J

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:47 pm

What form of protection have you set up within the perimeter while doing this rite of seeing in the mirror?  Mirrors are often doorways.  I am really concerned for you.  This freaked me out when I read it.  Please, please becareful.

Although I find things, I cannot predict what card is underneath the other one.  I can often feel people so strongly that I sometimes get not only their feelings but their thoughts, but I cannot predict their future.  I can see some spirits, others I feel their energy signature, but I will not see other people's dead relatives like other mediums can do.  I dowse using my body, and am now struggling with handling a pendulum.  I can read people's energy, but I am blind when it comes to seeing an aura.  I cannot meditate, but I did find my own way to tap in.

Even with all that I know I can do, there are certain things I will not even think to attempt until I fully understand what I'm getting into.   I've made alot of mistakes.

"Whereas I understand your enthusiasm, step back and take a deep breath for a moment. Essentially you are trying to force open your third eye. First of all listen to your body, if something you are doing is causing you pain (headaches) this means you are pushing it to hard and attempting something that it is not ready for. Second, seek out more information. Books are wonderful reference materials, unfortunately many are written by people who have been on their path for many years, experts in their field, and it is virtually impossible to put down every minute detail of the last however many years they have been practicing in to a 200 page book. Also what works for one does not always work for another. Third, you should realize that trying to force open your third eye, your spirit, or your mind is very much like trying to force open a locked door. It can be done but at what expense. If you take the time and effort to pick the lock, the door will open and will still function normally. If you rush and kick the door open, you get in faster but there is irrepairable damage done to the door and it no longer works as it should. The same applies to the mind, the only exception being that unlike a door, if you damage your mind you cannot just run down to the hardware store and purchase a new one. Do not let this deter you from your journey, just remember that in this  world of pushbutton technology and high speed everything there are somethings that cannot and should not be rushed. Start simple, very much like a regular education. Baby steps, no matter how appealing it may seem, don't try to go to high school when you haven't even gotten through kindergarten, as this is a definite recipe for failure." Crow's Partner

Please be careful.  Let it be a wonderful experience and not one that is regretfully negative.  When I had my awakening I was totally unaware, unprepared, and almost lost my mind.  The effects were physical manifested too. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Then I read of others who had a pleasent experience.  They were prepared mentally, and spiritually.  Wished I would've listened.

Now my partner is critiquing me, saying my problem is that I am trying to walk through the door without turning the knob.  Saying I have a problem with following proceedure. Who me? NEVER.  :smt005

Safe Journey

Spiritalk-  I thought that higher energy can also cause pain when we are not fully prepared to recieve. Exceed the limitations sort of thing happening.  Like trying to lift something too heavy, you can strain your muscle but this applies to the mind.  So how can we tell the differance?  This is something I am working on.

coloratura

Post by coloratura » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:45 pm

I totally agree with the poster above. There are entities out there who will take advantage of you. In my experience, my spirit guides have always, always been willing to back off if I'm not in the modd for hearing a message at any given time.

Respect, I think, along with unconditional love and transparency is the key.

matt22113

Post by matt22113 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:29 am

Wow, I had no idea what I was doing is dangerous.

Here is a link regarding the mirror divination techinque I found:

http://www.jksalescompany.com/dw/third_eye.htm

Why would some one write that whole thing if it is so dangerous, and not warn the person of the dangers?

I can't find anywhere in there a place were the dangers are discussed, but I did skim through pretty fast just now.

I have heard just following your get instict helps open up your latent abilities.

I have an awfull lot to learn, I'm just going to have to be carefull I guess.

My biggest problem is finding people in my area, that even know that psychics are real let alone insterested in them.

I'm going to have to try and be less naive I guess and read more books!

one thing I'd like to mention though, last week I was doing the divination not on a mirror, but at actual photos, and I saw there faces changing too. Like morphing almost.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:05 am

Matt,

Have you checked out the mediumship part of this MB like Spiritalk suggested?  There was all sorts of things I learned from J and other mediums.  Might help.

I'm sorry you have no one where you live that you feel that you can talk to about psychics.  There have been some on MB that felt like this.  So you are not alone.

Haven't checked out the website yet.  But I will search for you for the reason why it isn't the best idea to just open the mirror without protective messures. I honestly am not sure on the specifics.  Perhaps it is something I read along the way...or something I retain.  

What troubled me was the face that the face that looked back at you morphed.  And you were seeing what you said was your aura.  But how do you know?  Now you added that you see this with pictures of people.  In this area I am unfamilar with.  I hope someone with more knowledge can answer those questions for you.  It could be the case that you are seeing it differently than I do....another spirit inside someone.

If we were to go into a meditated state almost where our selves are becoming self hypnotic wouldn't we make sure that we had some safety in place?  I have talked to this one man I came across, he was going on and on about how wonderful it was to learn how to astral project and go on these journeys with a group of people whom he went to class with.  I was really interested, so I asked him what his teacher taught as a means to protect the body while in this state.  He was confused.  I guess this teacher didn't explain any defense.  I encouraged him to learn these things if only they were the basics.  

Anyone can call themselves a teacher.  Anyone can write a book.

Yes trust your gut instinct.  But when the ego overcomes that intuition it is very hard to even pick up on those things.  This I have learned over the years.  There were many times I should've listened.  I tuned it out.  Made it harder than it should've been.  

I say all this with an open heart.  There is no doubt you are showing ablitities.  I hope you understand all those things I say were out of love for your spirit.  Never to discourage.  I wish for you to enjoy this journey of self discovery while remaining safe.  I will keep on seeking for the exact reasons mirror scryers have to place that boundry.  If others know this please add to the thread.

Safe Journey

coloratura

Post by coloratura » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:39 pm

In reading this, I did see a place, small blurb, where they do mention that oen should surround oneself with light. However, they don't say why. Also, I've learnt that intention is the key, so if you have no idea why you should be surrounding yourself with white light, I'm not sure that it will work. I could be wrong, though.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Crow:  We can only rise in the light to the level we are ready for in intent and spirituality.  There is no such thing as going too far.  Like cream rising to the top in the milk so the spirit rises to its best level.

Spiritalk-  I thought that higher energy can also cause pain when we are not fully prepared to recieve. Exceed the limitations sort of thing happening.  Like trying to lift something too heavy, you can strain your muscle but this applies to the mind.  So how can we tell the differance?  This is something I am working on.
God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:45 pm

matt22113 wrote:Wow, I had no idea what I was doing is dangerous.

Here is a link regarding the mirror divination techinque I found:

http://www.jksalescompany.com/dw/third_eye.htm

J:  Just a thought...jksales company? how is that spiritual?  What experience comes through this link?

Why would some one write that whole thing if it is so dangerous, and not warn the person of the dangers?

J:  Someone that writes up on exercises without giving the good, the bad, the ugly is hiding something from the experimenter and it would not be a good practice to follow.  You are going to find the good, the bad, the ugly all over the internet - use a little judgement and advice from those more experienced before going off on tangents of experimentation.

I can't find anywhere in there a place were the dangers are discussed, but I did skim through pretty fast just now.

I have heard just following your get instict helps open up your latent abilities.

J:  Instincts are like any other muscle in your body, it works best when trained and developed.  Why would anyone think they can do it all without any training or development is beyond me.  

I have an awfull lot to learn, I'm just going to have to be carefull I guess.

My biggest problem is finding people in my area, that even know that psychics are real let alone insterested in them.

I'm going to have to try and be less naive I guess and read more books!

J:  One of the best psychic development books I have found is Tara Ward's Develop Your Psychic Powers.  I think it may be out of print but try Abe Books for a slightly used copy.

one thing I'd like to mention though, last week I was doing the divination not on a mirror, but at actual photos, and I saw there faces changing too. Like morphing almost.
J:  There is a real talent to reading photos - again with practice you may be on to something.  Education first, then experiments.
God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:48 pm

coloratura wrote:In reading this, I did see a place, small blurb, where they do mention that oen should surround oneself with light. However, they don't say why. Also, I've learnt that intention is the key, so if you have no idea why you should be surrounding yourself with white light, I'm not sure that it will work. I could be wrong, though.
I am told the new white light is gold.  

The fact is protection exercises using the white light have been effective for protection for a long time.  It is a metaphysical practice, to be sure, but it does help keep any unwanted or undesirable spirit at bey.  

Using a protection exercise regularly keeps you in your own space working to spiritualize yourself without interference.  

Not using protection is an option but has been found to be a bit intimidating when the errant spirit comes.
God bless, J

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:11 am

I was reading the threads here about being surrounded with white light, and in the past I contemplated why priests (catholic in particular) where black suits with the cutout at the throat. I have come to the (personal) conclusion that they where black because the white light is trapped inside and is only let out at the vocal (throat) area. Presumably to only reveal pure thoughts using the vocal cords of the physical body.
I am looking for answers to the many strange things that have happened and continue to happen in my life.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:15 pm

Interesting idea wolf.  I have heard several renditions on the use of black, some stemming from the old pagan ways.
God bless, J

The Killah29

Post by The Killah29 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:50 am

Hello all, I'm new to the forums and the site but not to the psychic training, but it only took me 3 days to open the third eye, and 7 for the crown.
follow the link below for the exercize.

spiritual.com.au/articles/psychics_mediums/opening-the-third-eye.htm

The feelings in the head are all true, and i feel them often, they don't hurt, and are cool.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:24 pm

Awakening and opening of any part of our spirituality is certainly a personal experience.  When we seek our spirituality, we often find the psychic sensitivities opening to our awareness.  Concentrating on any or all of the chakras can mislead the experimenter into exercises for this purpose.

There is no time table on our awakening and opening process.  Everyone goes at their own pace - that is why it is so valid in the individual and unique way of all spirituality.
God bless, J

charlene1

third eye

Post by charlene1 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:24 pm

i also have been experencing headaches, and my blood pressure also gone up. but i will never believe it has anything to do with meditation or trying to connect with the spiritual world, i think its just my age,diet, no excerise, as a matter of fact my blood pressure goes down after meditation, either way i will continue on my current path, so NO i do not believe it has anything to do with bad spirits although i know they do exsist. My belief is strong, I'm looking for them to help not harm.

Return to “Psychic”