Fire Grand Trine

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

smartyknickers

Fire Grand Trine

Post by smartyknickers » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:03 pm

Hello all!    I found out that I have a Grand Trine made up of fire signs:  sun in Aries, Mars in Leo, and Neptune in Sagittarius.  I'm wondering what exactly this means.  There is some basic literature out there about Grand Trines in general, and how the fire Grand Trine is all about energy and initiative, but surely each Grand Trine must be different depending on what planets are involved.  Does anyone know about the Grand Trine between the sun, Mars and Neptune?

Thanks so much!  I can provide additional details from my chart if needed.  Just let me know.   :)

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:49 am

These are general statements, and not intended to give any kind of "reading" for the poster....

When this article talks about some of the self-indulgence, I've really seen this in Grand Trines.  Unless there are other indications in the chart to give the native some self-discipline, this can be a placement that causes lots of problems...for everyone around the native, while the native coasts through life.  An example of this would be a very proficient dead-beat, living off everyone, and for some reason, those he/she sponges off from can't/won't say no to the person.  

---------------------
This is as good of a description of any I've seen, from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_trine_(astrology)

Grand trine (astrology)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

In astrology, a grand trine occurs when you have three planets or other points in the horoscope that are all separated by a span of 120 degrees. With the placement of the planets, the grand trine visually looks like a large triangle across the horoscope of the recipient. It is a special configuration that is thought to promote high ideals, insight, vision, creative expression and well being. It is considered to indicate self-confidence, self-assurance, optimism, expectation, a sense of pleasure, an easy flow of energy, inspiration, expansion of creative cognition, and a sense of inner hope and faith.

A hypothetical example of a grand trine would be a planetary configuration of the Sun being placed at 10 degrees Leo, the Moon being placed at 10 degrees Sagittarius, and Uranus being placed at 10 degrees Aries. This grand trine would be considered, under the terms of Western astrology, to be a fire grand trine, which means that a great deal of creative energy would flow through it. The native would be able to use his basic instincts along with his reasoning to come up with some really ingenious ideas. He might use these ideas to promote himself and those people who he is close to. He might get a lot of advice from family members on how best to proceed, but ultimately he would go his own way and do what he thought was best.

Although the grand trine is seen as highly beneficent, too many trines in the chart are thought to indicate a self-indulgent temperament that repeatedly avoids self-discipline and tries to avoid fulfilling one's responsibilities in this life. The effect of unmanaged trines and grand trine supposedly reduces an individual's potential and ambition, so he will not act out his life in a dynamic and productive manner. Trines that are poorly managed are believed to lead to the native adopting a false sense of security, which results in passivity and a lack of motivation to act upon those opportunities that are presented to him during the course of his life. In her book, The Astrologer Looks at Murder, Barbara Watters said that she thought many criminals, including murderers, have grand trines in their natal horoscopes.

People with grand trines in their chart are considered by astrologers to have most of their emotional, mental, physical, and familial needs met early in life and as a result expect that this provision of resources, acquired without any effort on their part, will continue indefinitely. These individuals are then thought to grow into adults expecting special treatment, seldom feeling driven to work for that which they desire. As a result of this, they may fail to develop the social and intellectual skills necessary to get on in life.

Multiple grand trines in a chart are thought to be especially debilitating to the person who has inherited it because more planets are involved in such a configuration. In such a chart, astrologers forecast that the native may become a drifter, someone who does not possess enough drive or ambition to accomplish anything of any significance. They believe that although the bearer has many talents and skills at his disposal, he often does not possess the motivation to utilise them and they lie inert within his psyche.

balaji suresh

hi youdah

Post by balaji suresh » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:19 pm

i am new to western astrology, though an intermediate in vedic astrology. i have the the trine of sun in taurus,saturn in virgo and moon in capricorn with libra asc as per western cal by about astro.what will be the result? by birth details are 6thmay 1980.3-45pm. pondicherry.india.just curious. can u check and help me. the link does not speak specifically, that's why.thank you.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:52 pm

In the western astrology class, we talk about the idea of "blending" many different things in the chart.  Think of it like you are blending colors.  If you blend yellow and blue, you get green, for example.  To interpret anything, you have to "mentally" blend several different things together in your mind.  (Or, if you're new to this, it can be helpful to put it on paper to give some structure and direction to the thoughts).

In this situation, you have a grand trine of earth signs.  So, the blending would look something like this:

Trine + Trine + Trine + Earth + Earth + Earth + saturn + moon + Sun + Taurus + Virgo + Capricorn = ?

Look for commonalities and attributes of these things that are similar or different.  With 3 Trine, 3 earth elements, these two are strengthened and emphasized.  Then, add in the planetary and house positions for the spheres of activity or life.  Notice if these things have cadent, angular, suceedant qualities and mutable, cardinal fixed qualities.

Instead of just telling you, I'm trying to show you how to figure it out for yourself, since you are learning western.  :)

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Youdah wrote:In the western astrology class, we talk about the idea of "blending" many different things in the chart.  Think of it like you are blending colors.  If you blend yellow and blue, you get green, for example.  To interpret anything, you have to "mentally" blend several different things together in your mind.  (Or, if you're new to this, it can be helpful to put it on paper to give some structure and direction to the thoughts).

In this situation, you have a grand trine of earth signs.  So, the blending would look something like this:

Trine + Trine + Trine + Earth + Earth + Earth + saturn + moon + Sun + Taurus + Virgo + Capricorn = ?

Look for commonalities and attributes of these things that are similar or different.  With 3 Trine, 3 earth elements, these two are strengthened and emphasized.  Then, add in the planetary and house positions for the spheres of activity or life.  Notice if these things have cadent, angular, suceedant qualities and mutable, cardinal fixed qualities.

Instead of just telling you, I'm trying to show you how to figure it out for yourself, since you are learning western.  :)
yeh, well said,my interpretation maybe along lines of Sun/Capricorn, always value for money, taurus Saturn is prob fear of poverty, moon in virgo very analytical nit picking works behind scenes.Very practical, analytical, good with money and hanging onto it?? how does this work for you???? :smt008

Return to “Western Astrology”