falling cards

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

stirtime

falling cards

Post by stirtime » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:57 pm

When getting prepared for a reading sometimes cards fall out, I put them back in the deck and continue but they come out in the reading as well. Does that mean it was giving me the answer before I lay them out? Or saying pay close attention to the individual card/s. and their meaning...
Susan

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:02 pm

When cards fall out,
It really depends on the reading,
I had one the other day, I was doing a reading online, I wasn't quite sure of the situation, I shuffled, a card came out, I read the card and used that to determine the subject for the reading,
If the person is sitting infront of me, a card comes out  I'll hand them the card, tell them what it means,

I had a friend over the other day, she was going thru whats on her mind,
I was using the fairy oracle cards, the card that came out was one that said EXACTLY what she just got done saying,
I told her SEE you are being heard, they just repeated what you said!

It was the funniest thing.

stirtime

falling cards

Post by stirtime » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:11 pm

So they actually are just putting an emphasis on what is being questioned or needed!
Susan

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Right that's what I take them to do.
Everyones different though

eidhneán ini

Post by eidhneán ini » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:19 am

The whole nature of the tarot cards is to get inside you (or your query).  My opinion is that they jump out for a reason so I pay attention to them.  Sometimes they may bring another extra element to a reading that you might not have considered before.  I think it's up to the "gut" of the individual to question why that card tries to get your attention.  

You can always attempt a clarification card for the falling cards.  Maybe it will thread the story together for you better.  :)
~Ivy

singerofpeace

Post by singerofpeace » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:21 am

I know at least one person who reads exclusively with cards that fall out... it can take a long time to get a decent amount of cards for a spread :P since she just shuffles and shuffles until she feels enough have fallen.  I sometimes do super-fast "readings" for my self just by shuffling my deck (taking sections and moving them to the front, since my deck is too big to shuffle easily any other way) and seeing which cards show themselves during the shuffle.  After about 7 cards I get pretty much the whole story.  If a card falls out when I read for another person, I try to just snag a glimpse of it and incorporate it into my explanations of the other cards-- it gives me an added bit of info about the person's situation, and I treat it as something that is on their mind but that they wouldn't necessarily decide to tell me on their own.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:41 am

Falling cards do tell us to pay closer attention.
I usually keep them aside and make them (or it) an integral part of the reading. I keep it on the side and if I was doing a seven card spread, I still lay down seven cards and keep the fallen card close by. I usually try and see the fallen card as the querent's current state of mind or affairs.

sarablinx

Post by sarablinx » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:15 am

I just think of the falling cards as specific things that thecards want you to look at or understand, things that are important whether you know understand it right away or not... =P

bellevalentine

Post by bellevalentine » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:04 am

I just put it off to  my clumsiness I have never thought to read it, i will give it a try the next time =)

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:37 am

I always have a look at fallen cards, they tell me that i need to know something important and have a message to pass to who ever i am reading for.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

elicit

Post by elicit » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:36 pm

if they jump out or fall out when im shuffling my cards,I also take alot of notice of them
Always follow your path not the path,
Others tell you to follow.
Never let the past rule your Future

lilmisstarot

Post by lilmisstarot » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:07 am

I had the falling card incident happen to me the other day.

I was shuffling and "The Three of Swords" fell out, i looked at it, thought hmm that seems relevant to me and what i am feeling, didnt think a huge deal about it and put it back in the pile and started shuffling again. Within seconds it fell out again. After putting it back in AGAIN, shuffling and then dealing, it reappeared in my reading.

purple_dust

Post by purple_dust » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 pm

One time I was doing a reading for a friend and then a card just flipped very far away from the table the reading was taking place on.  Looking at it by the context, I suggested that perhaps her husband (the reading was centered on him) was feeling an aversion towards women.  She almost cried and said that he was very close to beating her and that she was afraid he might be repressing some homosexual feelings... she told me that she was making the reading because she feared he was a gay person who could no longer repress it therefore it channeled into mysogynistic (excuse my englidh) behaviour.   Nothing like that had ever happened to me... before that I usually put the cards back in the deck but now I keep them on the table and see if it is trying to tell us something.
---------------------------------------------------
Everyday is like Sunday... well except for Blue Monday, Ruby Tuesday and Friday I'm in love

mystic67

Post by mystic67 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:48 pm

I find that sometimes a card will fall out and it helps to re define my question. Sometimes its a bit of info I think that spirit
wants me to have even if the question I am asking does not really relate to it. Kind of a nudge from spirit saying hey,
take a look at this too.
D

saboinia

jumping card

Post by saboinia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:59 am

i do this thing called a tarot journal. well i was shuffelling the cards and the same card popped up twice. then it popped up for the reading, it was the hermit. you see i am trying to be self employeed so i am constantly alone. it has taught me hat i should pay more attention to jumping cards.

Return to “Tarot”