Symbol discussion Feb 2008 - Solar Symbols

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

suzisco

Symbol discussion Feb 2008 - Solar Symbols

Post by suzisco » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:23 am

Every week I will pick a symbol and look at some of the ideas related to this symbol.  I hope if every one adds their knowledge over the coming weeks we can have a pretty comprehensive list of symbols and associated meanings.  I am looking forwards to hearing all your great ideas.
Suzi

Solar symbols

These are plentiful  and are around us all the time.  We rely on the sun to keep us warm, help our crops and without the sun the planet earth would perish as a whole.  So because of this, there are out there alot of popular beliefs about the sun.  Nearly all early civilisations have revered the sun as their primary god and Sol, Ra etc has been the god that rules over lesser gods.

Sun symbols appear in flags as the original sign for a sun was a round circle, this appears in the flag of Japan and the flag of Bangladesh.  A round circle with a dot in the middle denotes the spark of life brought to us by the sun.

In Ying and Yang, the sun is the Yang and is the dynamic opposite of Ying the moon, so it is seen that the sun and the moon keep perfect harmony over us mortals.

Interestingly  Sunday is named after Sol who at that time was denoted as being a female goddess and at various times through our history, the sexes of the sun and moon have swapped.  Currently as we stand the sun is considered to be male and the moon female.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:23 pm

Imageheat, light, intense, passion, summer, warmth,
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:13 am

I find it interesting that the swastika is also a sun symbol.
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

dhav

Post by dhav » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:42 am

yes i read about that swastika is symbol of sun.Interesting indeed.the light of the sun is so powerful it can dissipate the darkness in our life.If every morning one closed hi/her eyes and allow the sun to let it's ray over your heat for soem minutes it will open your heart chakra.

dhav ;-)
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:44 am

My Spiritual teacher says there is also a sun on the Etheric plane and has us work with it in meditation.  It is very very powerful.
Nora Roberts

dhav

Post by dhav » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:48 am

It should be the spirit of the sun,it's etheric body just like us.

dhav

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:51 am

Yep, he says it is alive.  Filled with Masters.
Nora Roberts

dhav

Post by dhav » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:02 am

I also think we all got an Inner Sun which we can use to brighten our soul from within. ;-)

You made me think i should try asking the Sun spirit to brighten up things in our life.

dhav

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:05 am

I agree.  I believe it is in each cell, which is it's own Universe (solar system).

dhav

Post by dhav » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:39 pm

suzi,

wil there be another symbol?lol ;-)

dhav

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:41 pm

lol yes Dhav, i unfortunately have been too busy to do some research to write up my next topic.  It will be about Lunar Symbology.  I will sort it out soon :)

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Return to “Symbols”