Praying Mantis

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Tyrinaniel

Praying Mantis

Post by Tyrinaniel » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:45 am

This is one of those things I can't find anywhere, really. What does it mean if you're visited by a praying mantis?  I've looked all over, even beloved Wikipedia, and can't find the meaning.  I was actually researching praying mantis to see how big they grow (friend was telling me about Okanawa and how large they grow) and I wanted to see a picture of the tallest one.  This morning, as I was getting in on my side of the truck, it was like the mantis was waiting on me to say "Good morning!" Lol.  My dad just said it was guarding his truck, hehe.  I almost wanted to keep it as a pet, but.. well.. I was too scared to pick it up.. Silly me  :smt019

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:51 am

Please read:

Animal totems, spirit helpers that heal, empower awaken psychic talents etc

The Praying Mantis

"................Patient, perceptive and focused this little totem holds a powerful message. When it appears in your life it is asking you to direct your energy, your thoughts or your actions in a different way................."

http://www.sayahda.com/cyc3.html

Hoping that this has helped to answer your question concerning the most likely symbolism which is usually associated with multiple appearances of a praying mantis in your daily life,

eye_of_tiger Image

Herself62

Post by Herself62 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:14 pm

I have not seen one of these creatures in over 30 years.

Until this past Sunday. Interesting.

Thank you for the link!

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:33 pm

btw..you do know Wikepedia is bs right? Anyone can put an entry in and claim to be an expert. They might as well rename it opinions. That said, I use it too.. lmao oh well.

phoenixfiredragon

Post by phoenixfiredragon » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:16 pm

I experienced this with a Praying Mantis as well about a year and a half ago.  It would appear right on, or right next to my front door on the days I was struggling before getting a new job for almost like an entire 2 weeks.  It was pretty cool.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Could I please ask you?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:14 am

Welcome to the discussion Pheonix (?), :smt006

Could I please ask you whether you regard the appearance of the praying mantis in itself as being especially cool, or perhaps instead the meaning you associate with it's appearance in your own mind?

In other words did you see the mantis as necessarily a sign or omen of things which are still to happen (which would be in your opinion cool), or are you simply fascinated by these creatures, which resemble something which seems entirely alien, and definitely not of this world?

eye_of_tiger :smt017  

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:35 pm

From what I read in his post, it was the experience.  Right when Phoenix was struggling and discouraged, it would appear as an omen and a comfort :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:00 am

I suspected that all along, but I was asking Pheonix to personally explain exactly what was meant by "COOL", as I believed that there would be more value in doing this in order to better understand what was going on in his or her life at the time this praying mantis appeared.

Is this how Phoenix also interpreted it's most likely meaning, as it could potentially mean something completely different to what we might see a praying mantis as a sign of? It was therefore more a personal, rather than a general question?

EOT  :smt017

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:29 pm

Did Praying Mantis kung fu, excellent, but we don't find them in GB.

Return to “Psychic”