sex dreams

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AmeliaEvelyn

sex dreams

Post by AmeliaEvelyn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:10 am

Has anyone else here ever had sleep paralysis and felt like there almost awake but still dreaming and felt the weight of someone on you... i know this sounds really weird but i swear i have woken up before and thought.. did i just have sex with a ghost or something...

It's not a scary feeling... feels kind and loving.. just weird to think of later when awake.  

hope im not the only one who this has happened to!!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:11 am

Has anyone else here ever had sleep paralysis and felt like there almost awake but still dreaming and felt the weight of someone on you...

Yes, definitely! Just as you have described, although this was back sometime in the early 1980s, when I will still able to sleep lying down in a bed.

did i just have sex with a ghost or something...

No you were not made love to by a ghost, but it is a fairly common hallucination which is believed to be caused by you being partially consciously aware (your mind is more awake than it should be), while your body is effectively feeling as though it is paralysed (which it is really not).

Legends tend to develop however around what is a perfectly natural non paranormal event, and they tend to explain (not surprisingly) that this is because you have just been made love to by a male demon or incubus (when it was nothing of the sort, although the sensations can be very realistic).

In Western medieval legend, an incubus (plural incubi) is a demon in male form supposed to lie upon sleepers, especially women, in order to have sexual intercourse with them.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus_%28demon%29

My own personal belief is that these sensations have something to do with a spontaneous release of a life force or vital energy from the base chakra (or psychic energy centre) which is located quite near to the genitals. It probably sounds more flattering to feel that you are the object of desire of an unknown demon lover, than to say that you have just experienced a spontaneous and otherwise unexplainable release of vital energy from your base chakra, that your conscious mind then interpreted in the only way it knows how? :smt005

Also I did some some online research on your behalf concerning the "Old Hag Syndrome".

The name of the phenomenon comes from the superstitious belief that a witch - or an old hag - sits or "rides" the chest of the victims, rendering them immobile......

http://paranormal.about.com/library/wee ... 12000a.htm

In a related phenomenon, known as “old hag syndrome,” the victim feels the presence of some entity lying heavily on top of him/her, making breathing difficult, and it is sometimes even accompanied by feelings of strangulation, but without the sexual component of the incubus.

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa092099.htm

Sweet dreams?

EOT Image

AmeliaEvelyn

thankyou

Post by AmeliaEvelyn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:28 am

I read your references on incubi and it makes sense to me why people believed this as at the time u really feel as though u are taken over by a strong and manipulative force.  I like your idea of the diff energy being released.  I find all this spiritual phenomenon so interesting and often have weird things happen to me.. just don't know enough to know why or what it is!

thanks again

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:38 am

If there is one thing I have recognised from my personal study of spiritual phenomena in general is that the more you learn about such matters, the more you soon discover to your utter frustration and amazement there is still to learn.

There are no experts in the field of the paranormal other than self appointed ones, and I do not claim to be anywhere near understanding even a small fraction of how these phenomena work, or why indeed they exist at all.

L&L,

EOT Image

nnt

Post by nnt » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:45 am

I would simply choose to avoid association on the subject.

ajeconsult

Post by ajeconsult » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:43 am

I suggest that you have a look at the painting "The Nightmare" by 18th Century Swiss born artist Henry Fuseli. You will immediately recognise your symptoms.

Remember that when we are asleep (or in an altered state of consciousness) we are not protected from the contents of the unconscious as we are when truly operating consciously.
A toiler in the vineyard

Nix

Post by Nix » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:00 pm

Many years ago I dreamt that I had sex with what appeared to look like the Devil, but he was green.

I woke up feeling as though I had actually had sex..

I feel like this has some sort of meaning but I do not know what the meaning is and has played on my mind since then.

The age I was when I had this dream would have meant I would have known nothing of sexual intercourse and little regarding the devil.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”