Sibilla, Lenormand and Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Have you used Gypsy Witch, Lenormand or Sibilla cards?

Gypsy Witch
25%
Lenormand
17%
Sibilla
No votes
Two or more of these types
42%
No
17%

Total votes: 12

X-Ice

Sibilla, Lenormand and Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards

Post by X-Ice » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:26 am

My grandmother used to read cards using a bridge or poker deck.  She never taught me, as she had been forbidden by her husband.  I received some Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards as a young teen.  I soon lost interest in them once I discovered "real" Tarot cards.  

Now, several decades later, I have gone back to the Gypsy Witch cards, which offer a genuine, although perhaps less high brow divination system.  They have the meanings printed on each card.  However, if one memorizes the meanings, the system could be used with a regular playing card deck.  Perhaps this is the system my grandmother used.

I have also been exploring the Mlle. Lenormand decks.  The "little white books" that come with the cards are practically unusable (IMHO), and I purchased an expensive, poorly reproduced ebook on eEay, which has been somewhat helpful.  There are some French language books about these decks that look and sound promising, so I may brush up on my "Francais" and get one or two.  

Lastly, I have a Sibilla deck, with Italian explanations on each card and with the help of internet translation programs and a friend who is taking an Italian class, I've pretty much sorted them out.  

I'd love to hear if anyone else has used these type of cards.

alexandra_rose

Post by alexandra_rose » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:04 am

Hi there, Im using a deck called Titania's Fortune Telling Cards, they are by Madame LeNormand, she was a clairovoyant for Napoleon. I find them rather accurate! Anyone heard of or use/used this deck?
xxalexandra . rosexx

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi Ice,

My grandmother taught me to read using playing cards, it was so simple really once you understand a few things about the decks that is :)

Diamonds - Pentacles
Hearts -  Cups
Clubs - Wands
Spades - Swords

No Majors of course but then the Aces were beginnings, the two's conflicts and strife, balance and so on :)

Meg

I also have Madame Lenormand's Tarot and the Gypsy Lenormand Oracle Deck. They are much better for fun fortune telling than tarot I think, but I am a bit out of practice. lol :)

Meg

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:55 am

I have no idea of what these kind of cards are...but I know the playing cards too...
They are much more familiar to me than any other kind!

cockles

Post by cockles » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Tons of resources on Lenormand, Sibilla, Kipperkarten, &c.:
http://cartomancy.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Return to “Tarot”