Learn Tarot - Try this one... (2)

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Learn Tarot - Try this one... (2)

Post by Gem » Thu May 24, 2007 1:57 pm

Sometime you might come across the need to do a reading for someone that isn't real, that doesn't exist.... I wonder if you find this any different to the readings you have all been giving me? Treat it just the same and see how you feel...

----------------------------------8----------------------------------------

My name is Jane and I would like to have a tarot reading please to find out if my boyfriend is being faithful. Does he love me?  Will we get married?

Q. Do you feel happy answering these questions? What would you say to Jane?
Last edited by Gem on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu May 24, 2007 2:13 pm

This was an interesting request, Gem! I pretended Jane was real and got the 5 of wands, Justice and the Star. I felt the same whilst shuffling. I found it harder to feel "connected" but perhaps I was subconsciously rushing because this reading was more for my benefit (ie to practise and experiment) than to help someone. Also, I prefer to have someone's full name, location if possible and photo of symbol if possible - with your reading I concentrated on the name Gem and your little emoticon under your name because it reflects part of your personality.

The central card is usually the one I try to interpret first. Justice, to me, means here that what is meant to be will be. It could also mean a divorce so I will look at the other cards alongside. The 5 of wands symbolises a struggle. I feel that Jane's life is difficult and she has "many balls in the air" and is stressed out about it. The star usually means things will work out well and she will be strong and overcome any troubles, whether by divorce or sorting out the relationship. I picked the tower as a clarification card so I see something major happening or a big letdown.

My advice to Jane would be worded differently. I would be more sympathetic but I would have to say that she should expect a bombshell. I feel she is struggling with her relationship, there are problems and she should sit down and have a good, long talk with her boyfriend. I do not see evidence of infidelity but there are perhaps some secrets. I am not saying her boyfriend does not love her but he has some issues and she should talk with him and find out how he is feeling. Maybe he will be relieved that she takes the step to ask him for some time to chat about things.

I have done readings before for women who fear their boyfriends are being unfaithful and usually some cards are a giveaway. The High Priestess can represent secrets, especially if next to The Lovers or the 2 or 3 of cups. I didn't get such cards this time, more cards showing confusion, struggle and shocking events coming up.

I feel comfortable answering this type of question but I don't like to give readings on health (rather advise them to see a doctor) or predict deaths or lottery results! :-)

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sat May 26, 2007 10:39 pm

A three card reading for Jane centre card two cups
                                          First card-nine Swords
                                          Third Card-Six Wands

Hi Jane in answer to your questions I do see a strong emotional bond between you two, but it is early days for him, hes not as committed to the relationship as you are at this time, but if you give him time to adjust every thing will work out in your favour, but i don't see marriage in the near future.

I felt awkward asking a fictitious question of the cards, the cards didn't warm to me and i couldn't feel any type of emotion while shuffling the cards although after laying the cards they did make a story
This type of question will come up a lot when doing readings. Question will i feel happy doing this type of reading .well in a much larger spread i did for my daughters boy friend while she was sat next to him. his fidelity came in to question(i asked him first whether he was sure i should Carrie on the reading in front of my daughter! even he had the right to privacy) i did feel awkward when i saw it but on realizing that the rest of the spread was correct i did read what i saw. I'm sceptical of my abilities as a card reader but with reassurance from a larger spread that i was on the right track it didn't really cause a problem. i would only hesitated on how to break the news

George

Re: Try this one...

Post by George » Sun May 27, 2007 6:05 pm

Gem wrote:Sometime you might come across the need to do a reading for someone that isn't real, that doesn't exist.... I wonder if you find this any different to the readings you have all been giving me? Treat it just the same and see how you feel...

----------------------------------8----------------------------------------

My name is Jane and I would like to have a tarot reading please to find out if my boyfriend is being faithful. Does he love me?  Will we get married?

Q. Do you feel happy answering these questions? What would you say to Jane?

I did a three card spread with past present and future for the positions:

I drew:
For the past the
II of Pentacles:  you have always had a hard time juggling this relationship in the past and have had some doubts about it and where it may wind up.

For the present the
Knight of Cups (R):  now in the present the relationship still does not feel stable with this man.  he cannot keep his cup filled meaning that he is not giving you the feeling or secuirty so that you can lean back and feel comfortable and safe.

For the future the
IX of Swords:  Coming from the past and present you will still feel sick with worry and have a hard time sleeping still worrying and wondering what the future does bring.  Your state of mind may stop a marriage but that doesn't mean that their shouldn't be one.  As for the second part of the question about "love".  I would say he loves you but it may not be as strong as your love for him. and he may not be ready to make the bigger step of marriage but he for sure has feelings for you.  
unlike how you have felt in the past, now in the present learn to juggle better your emotions and try to see the soultion more clearly so you can turn around and ask yourself: am i ready for a marriage with him?

:smt006

do i feel uncomfortable answering this questions, yes big time!  i don't like it at all.   but i would do the reading with the hope it reads as good news or offer more positive steps to get her to where she is going.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 31, 2007 10:31 am

Some very interesting replies and comments, thanks, it is a wierd feeling when reading for a ficticious person I think? and I hope you too felt the difference? It can help to show the link that we can have with a real person even online?

George

Post by George » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:18 pm

Gem wrote:Some very interesting replies and comments, thanks, it is a wierd feeling when reading for a ficticious person I think? and I hope you too felt the difference? It can help to show the link that we can have with a real person even online?
actually there is a big difference.  i was just just kind of trying to read the cards without a feeling anythign from the querent or cards.  just read them as if i was doing a lesson for class save those means usually are coming from me.  :smt002

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:37 pm

Good! It worked then :)

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:29 am

Here is what I got for Jane

2 Swords -
The Hierophant -
The Emperor -

I feel that Jane has had a relationship in the past that is negatively impacting on the current one. In the past relationship, she has felt defensive, and probably blind to a situation, with possible good reason

There is someone in her life that is offering advice and counsel on how Jane can help to gain her sense of trust back.  Whether she is actively seeking the advice of a councellor or that it is a friend, regardless she needs to take the advice on board to move forward in the future to be happy and contented in her relationships

I feel that the person she will utimately end up with is someone is quite authoritive and has rather strong morals, he could be a little opinoiated and domineering

I guess there are many ways that you could read into that certain trio of cards, but if someone posed that question to me,  I would try to take a positive direction with it, simply becuase they need to figure out for sure for themselves if the relationship is right for them.

Some feeback on this one would be appreciated... as I am not really sure...

George

Post by George » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:48 pm

Chooky wrote:Here is what I got for Jane

2 Swords -
The Hierophant -
The Emperor -

I feel that Jane has had a relationship in the past that is negatively impacting on the current one. In the past relationship, she has felt defensive, and probably blind to a situation, with possible good reason

There is someone in her life that is offering advice and counsel on how Jane can help to gain her sense of trust back.  Whether she is actively seeking the advice of a councellor or that it is a friend, regardless she needs to take the advice on board to move forward in the future to be happy and contented in her relationships

I feel that the person she will utimately end up with is someone is quite authoritive and has rather strong morals, he could be a little opinoiated and domineering

I guess there are many ways that you could read into that certain trio of cards, but if someone posed that question to me,  I would try to take a positive direction with it, simply becuase they need to figure out for sure for themselves if the relationship is right for them.

Some feeback on this one would be appreciated... as I am not really sure...
for the basic meaning of the cards you are right on track with your reading.  i might have read it that way with the cards you drew.  so don't worry too much about getting something right or wrong.  go with what you feel when you read the cards.   :smt004
 i think the purpose of the exercise is to see what we feel from the cards when the cards are not for a real perosn.  to see if we feel a difference from the make-believe and for someone real.  

keep up the good work!  you are doing a good job in MHO.  :smt006

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:34 pm

Thanks George,

I do appreciate the feedback!  

Chooky

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:29 am

George,

I have been thinking about this all day (not in a bad way),
Are you saying that I need to expand more? .... Rereading my posting again, just now, I have probably answered my own question....yes!

Thanks George

George

Post by George » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:12 pm

Chooky wrote:George,

I have been thinking about this all day (not in a bad way),
Are you saying that I need to expand more? .... Rereading my posting again, just now, I have probably answered my own question....yes!

Thanks George
i would say you would have to expand your mind more!  :smt017   i reread your lesson, then mine, and then Gem's reply to mine and i would say don't worry about the exact meaning of the cards and focus and meitidate on what you were feeling when you read those cards.  AS i said i get the feeling that this lesson was about what you felt and not what the cards said.  it felt more like a lesson to get in touch with your inner self and see if you could feel a picture in your mind from a reading that didn't really exist.  also, along those lines, get to know the difference from real people and fake people.  meaning did you feel a difference between other readings that you have done and this practice one!
i personally, i have a hard time wraping my mind around these concepts and trusting my iniution when i do a reading.   just today, driving home i kept saying to myself to get off the freeway, something wrong, get off!  did i listen?  NO!  hence, i had to set in traffic for about a half an hour longer because of an accident.  if only would have gotten off on the last ramp before i got to mine.  if only  :smt012  

:smt006

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:51 pm

Thanks George,

You are right!  It just felt all wrong doing it for a fake person, so yes, I guess I can tell the difference between a real person and a fake person....and like you say, go with your intuition.

Thank you for all your help with this bit of the lesson, I really do appreciate it!

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Wonderful :) George and Chooky what a team :)

George thanks so much for answering Chooky here, I have been unwell and trying to rest when I can. I need not have worried, you are correct in that this question is designed to see if we can notice the difference between real and unreal.  I think that to me there is a definate difference, a kind of block, and so I find the cards hard to write a lot about, hence short answers?

Chooky brilliant :)

Oh.......... and those nagging feelings, try and heed them. Lol we all need confidence.. Hmmm new lesson there I think?

George

Post by George » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:22 pm

Chooky wrote:Thanks George,

You are right!  It just felt all wrong doing it for a fake person, so yes, I guess I can tell the difference between a real person and a fake person....and like you say, go with your intuition.

Thank you for all your help with this bit of the lesson, I really do appreciate it!
no problem and glad you find the path!    :smt016

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”