What is my ruling planet?

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Amit89

What is my ruling planet?

Post by Amit89 » Mon May 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to find out what my ruling planet is.

My birth details:

DOB: 28/06/1989
Time of birth: 11.28am
Place of birth: Birmingham, UK

Is my ruling planet the moon?, because I am a cancer, or is my ruling planet Mercury?, because my acs is Virgo.

I would also like to how how your ruling planet influences you, for example if you are playing in a sports competetion and in the teams chart their ruling planet is Mars and if Mars is exalted in capricorn for that period does it mean the team have strong chances of winning the competition?

If Mars their ruling planet was in fall in the Taurus, does that mean they will put on a poor show?

Many thanks
Amit

fboros695

what is my ruling palnet

Post by fboros695 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:19 pm

I'd like to find out what my ruling planet is.

My birth details:

DOB:05/01/1950
Time of birth: 01.28am

bigbread

Post by bigbread » Sat May 12, 2007 2:00 am

Ruling planet is the planet that rule ur ascendent, regardless of what your sun or moon is.

amethystrose

What Is My Ruling Planet?

Post by amethystrose » Sat May 12, 2007 5:57 pm

Hi Amit,

Your ruling planet is Mercury because you have a Virgo Ascendant - I just checked..... :smt002

Best - Amethystrose

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue May 15, 2007 5:08 pm

Is it thateasy? The ruling planets are the planets which rule your life. It aint that simple. Is it?
RishiRahul

Gentlesorp

Team Ruling Planets

Post by Gentlesorp » Fri May 25, 2007 2:42 pm

Hello Amit,
When I read your explanation of your team's chart, I can see you have a good understanding of how the ruling planets work, but you do have to take care not to predict doom & gloom about any event unless you have tracked the past wins/losses of the team (a little research).  

In your example, Mars would be the team's ruling planet AND the event's ruling planet (competition).    Look to see what Mars is doing in the team's chart for each win/loss.  Also look at the 1st house (natural ruler of Mars) and the house Mars rules in the team's chart.  

A good method is to list where these points are in transit, and what aspects to the natal chart they're making each time the team has a good game or a poor game. Once you have your list, you'll begin to see the trigger pattern and can go from there!

In your own chart, the ruling planet is the ascendant signs' planet and would influence events having to do with your identity.  If you want to see how legal issues are affecting you, you would look at your ruling planet (mercury), your 9th house ruler, and Jupiter.  Money issues is 2nd house ruler, and Venus.  

Hope this makes sense to you.  There is a lot of information in a chart!
-Gentlescorp

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Hi Gentle Sorp

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 27, 2007 8:00 am

Are those 'ruling planets' or 'significators' ?
RishiRahul

Gentlesorp

Rishi

Post by Gentlesorp » Sun May 27, 2007 11:29 am

Hmm, I have heard of the ruling planet being referred to as a significator in Horary Astrology.  In mundane, natal and predictive Astrology I believe they're referred to as ruling planets, or rulerships.  And they're pretty much the same thing :)
-Gentlescorp

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Gentlesorp

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 27, 2007 11:40 am

Ruling planets are used in horry and natal astrlogy too. Ruling planets are the planets that rule a certain time r a person's life.

Planets which represent a term like competition, or brothers etc. ae called significators, be it Western or Oriental Asstrology.

RishiRahul

Gentlesorp

So you knew the answer to the question before you asked?

Post by Gentlesorp » Sun May 27, 2007 11:51 am

Thank you for your opinion.   I have clearly offended you by trying to help here.

My answer to the query and your question was sound, can be backed up and is to the best of my knowledge.  If I need to provide any more proof I will refrain from trying to help further.  

-Gentlescorp.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 27, 2007 12:16 pm

No offense meant. Was trying to get opininions and share.
RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: Rishi

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:46 am

[quote="Gentlesorp"]Hmm, I have heard of the ruling planet being referred to as a significator in Horary Astrology.  In mundane, natal and predictive Astrology I believe they're referred to as ruling planets, or rulerships.  And they're pretty much the same thing :)
-Gentlescorp[/quote]

Much of the TRADITIONAL astrology, at least that developed in Ancient INDIA was developed in Regal Courts and hence has the terminology that reminds us of the Royals of Yore! Rulership. ownership etc!

In astrological framework and particularly modern astrological framework (west and east!) we should perhaps revert back to the ancient prescription of Parashara who clearly described the tiered ascription of responsibilities of planets.

It is given in the chapter where he described the sudarshana chart. This is an interesting construct that brings the east (moon) and west (sun) closer as they shake hands over the common point of the rising sign, the ascendant (important in both systems).

Sudarshana consideration is a very WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) construct and deserves the attention of all astrologer, who by the way should stop pretending that they are on different rafts, western, eastern, indian, chinese, burmese, arabic etc and begin to see the RAPIDS that we all are bouncing in and on!

RR

Gentlesorp

Post by Gentlesorp » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:49 pm

You have a point - I'm sure all astrology originates somewhere.  Thanks for the clarification.  Which book is that chapter from - I don't recognize any of those names?  My reading in the areas of Eastern, Chinese, Indian, Burmese and Arabic Astrology is very limited and have never been my strong suit.  That's pretty much why I stay in the Western Astrology board here.  And why I'll probably refer to the significators as ruling planets.  

-Gentlescorp.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:27 pm

Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra.
I think it is the other way round ...
Ruling planets are (one of the) significators :-)
Please trust me, I was not trying to convert you from Western to Eastern :-)

As far as I see, there is really not much difference between eastern and western astrologies. Both are based on the same tenets and principles, though details do vary and sometimes some individuals focus on details to the exclusion of the underlying principles!

Peace ...

RR

[quote="Gentlesorp"]You have a point - I'm sure all astrology originates somewhere.  Thanks for the clarification.  Which book is that chapter from - I don't recognize any of those names?  My reading in the areas of Eastern, Chinese, Indian, Burmese and Arabic Astrology is very limited and have never been my strong suit.  That's pretty much why I stay in the Western Astrology board here.  And why I'll probably refer to the significators as ruling planets.  

-Gentlescorp.[/quote]

L.A.Pauly

Post by L.A.Pauly » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:08 am

With a Virgo ascendant , your ruling planet is Mercury. Also look at your chart to see where Mercury is (what sign and house) for a more detailed look. It will be a prominent part of your chart.

If your team needs determination and stamina to win - Mars in Taurus is excellent, however if speed is the order of the day, Taurus may be challenged beyond it's capability.
www.astrologybeat.com

Affordable And All Original Text Astrology

Return to “Western Astrology”