Part Two - The Minor Arcana - sixes -6

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part Two - The Minor Arcana - sixes -6

Post by Gem » Wed May 02, 2007 12:03 pm

Image Image  Image  Image

Following on from the fives where we made-up storylines, I want us to do the same with these pictures but also can you tell me where the querent is in these pictures? Are they one of the figures? Are they watching? Are they the person that is the main figure or are they a hidden observer? Is this them doing, or should they be learning from these cards?
Attachments
tarot 021.jpg
Universal Waite
tarot 021.jpg (40.25 KiB) Viewed 3299 times

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed May 02, 2007 12:14 pm

For instance, in the six of swords, the querent could be the one in the boat that is cold and ill and miserable, wrapped in a blanket, too weak to help row the boat, they are upset at being taken across the water away from their family on a journey they do not want to make...

In the six of Pentacles the querent might learn by watching how others care for and relate to those that look up to them, and see how they can share their good fortune and double their happiness and watch the happy glow in others...

In the six of wands the querent might be in the crowd watching as the knights go by, waving and wishing that they would return home safely soon...

chrisdee

sixes

Post by chrisdee » Wed May 02, 2007 4:55 pm

Sixes
six Cups
here i see the quereant as the girl- the boy stands with a cup full of flowers behind him and one in his hand- this could be good emotional related memories from the past coming into the future- may be the boy is a meeting with some one he new from the past which he was emotionally attached to even an ex-lover coming back in to his life  
Six Wands
Here the quereant proudly rides his horse the reef around his head and on top of the stick he holds would tell me he has been victorious in his ventures but i can also see a turned head and a hidden head this would make me wonder whether every body was happy for him have they become green with envy
six Swords
Here i see the querent as the man steering the boat his family have turned there backs on him but stay with him he pushes the boat out of troubled waters and in to calmer water looking to the future could be that they are moving away from the trouble they have had and still have future together
six Pentacles
Here i see the querent bestowing a gifts to a people not so well off as him or sharing what he has by balancing the scales the giving of help may make him feel good or may be the querent is the one of those kneeling so is going to receive a gift or help of some kind
Celestial Tarot
Six Cups
An old friend or lover from the past may return or something from the past may come back in the future
Six Wands
You have achieved what you set out to do but be aware of jealousy and false praise
Six Swords
The ease of mental tension and moving in to calmer times
Six Pentacles
After becoming more stable we can share are resources or somebody may present a gift or loan of money
Attachments
Sixes.jpg
Sixes.jpg (189.7 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
Last edited by chrisdee on Sun May 06, 2007 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

George

Re: Part Two - The Minor Arcana - sixes -6

Post by George » Sat May 05, 2007 8:38 pm

Gem wrote:  Image Image  Image  Image

Following on from the fives where we made-up storylines, I want us to do the same with these pictures but also can you tell me where the querent is in these pictures? Are they one of the figures? Are they watching? Are they the person that is the main figure or are they a hidden observer? Is this them doing, or should they be learning from these cards?
it only took me three days to finish but here goes!  :smt004

VI of Pentacles:

A wealthy man gives hard earn money to beggars on his journey. Money surrounds him and is not a worry for him.  His thoughts are of kindness and not guilt. His money is given fair and balanced without loan to the beggars.  But he gives money out of kindness not frustration or anger trying to get rid of the person.
I was doing a practice reading I read it, as the person given the money was actually a part of the story referring to the querent giving the money.

Is the Querent the beggars?  Interesting! I never thought of it that way!  Its really going to add dept to a reading and even might solve some of these issues when you can’t figure out what the cards are trying to say.

VI of cups:

A Sunday morning bustling with activity as a warm breeze traces the square of a small village.  A women approaches a young man to buy flowers potted in a cup.  She feels a need to celebrate the spring with flowers.  He studies her old face and offers them without charge and while handing them to her he smells the flower.  She reminds him or his own grandmother.  She died a month ago and he hopes without knowing it that this act of kindness will reach her so she will know he is good and has followed her spiritual ways.  He misses her.  

VI of Swords:

Although the sea appears calm on one side the other side shows heavy ripples where the man’s ore touches it.  She has just left a letter at home.  A mother must now take a journey to a seaside battle.  She bows her head and covers it her only comfort is that of her child on her side.
The further away from home she gets more the fear consumes her.  “Is my husband dead?” “Will my child still have a father?” Thoughts of sorrow and dread swim in her head. She feels cold as the water surrounding her.  “I feel blinded by the obstacles I have to face it’s like having swords blocking my view and piercing the hall of the boat.  I do not want to drown!” She cannot see the shore ahead.  

VI of Wands:

Once upon a time five young men mocked a battle and spend the whole day trying to proof their worth.  Their fathers watch and laughed at their mistakes.  They knew their sons would learn from their mistakes.  At the end of morning they ate and drank both father and son.  Of course the exercise started again with the help of their fathers this time showing them their mistakes and how to correct them.  The day ended with sore muscles and healthy hearts.
Then without warning a young man came upon them!  The five young men’s father knew that their sons would go with this young man.  Now, the five young men let him join them.  Over time their mock battle was lost to the stranger so they pickup their wands and was ready to follow him. The five fathers walked over and crowned this stranger and gave him a white horse as his prize.  The Five join the One and off they went onto victory.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 4:33 am

six of wands: I see the querent as this valiant person riding on a horse, victoriously
six of cups: I think the querent is the person receiving the bouquet and feeling content
six of swords: I see the querent as the person sitting in the boat, leaving all their troubles behind them.
six of pentacles: Here, I feel the querent is the person recieving money and financial backing

MysticCrystal

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun May 06, 2007 1:12 pm

Is the Querent the beggars?  Interesting! I never thought of it that way!  Its really going to add depth to a reading and even might solve some of these issues when you can’t figure out what the cards are trying to say.
 heehee... thats what I am here for ...to get you to think and look at other possibilites and meanings, both you and Chris first saw the querent as the person giving the money or sharing it. You may feel different in some readings now, depending on what jumps out at you and the cards that are nearby?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun May 06, 2007 1:20 pm

mysticcrystal wrote:six of wands: I see the querent as this valiant person riding on a horse, victoriously
six of cups: I think the querent is the person receiving the bouquet and feeling content
six of swords: I see the querent as the person sitting in the boat, leaving all their troubles behind them.
six of pentacles: Here, I feel the querent is the person recieving money and financial backing

MysticCrystal
Hi MysticCrystal,

Thanks for joining in, I know you are new to the Learn Tarot forum but you have jumped in at the middle of the course and have missed all the Major Arcana work, I see you have posted on The Fool though.

To get the most benefit from the course you need to start at the beginning and work your way through, I hope that you can understand why the course is designed this way. You will see that by now we are building into longer answers with much more detail than the one line work we were doing earlier. This helps to free the language and emphasise  the meanings before we go onto full readings.

I realise that many of the 'students' are already very talented tarot readers but this method helps everyone improve their skills and knowledge and draw from others too, at the same time gaining support and having fun :)

There is a list of all the lessons here The Way Map - list of all lessons in order

George

Post by George » Sun May 06, 2007 1:22 pm

Gem wrote:
Is the Querent the beggars?  Interesting! I never thought of it that way!  Its really going to add depth to a reading and even might solve some of these issues when you can’t figure out what the cards are trying to say.
 heehee... thats what I am here for ...to get you to think and look at other possibilites and meanings, both you and Chris first saw the querent as the person giving the money or sharing it. You may feel different in some readings now, depending on what jumps out at you and the cards that are nearby?
yes, i can see in the future reading for someone that might have asked, "will i found a job in the future?"  and have this card came up.  it would be like no your going to wind up begging on the streets and depending on the kindness of strangers in that Blanche DuBois voice!  :smt018  :smt046  :smt044

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun May 06, 2007 1:27 pm

ROFL well I hope not but they may be in charge of giving Mayday Alms to the poor or giving too much money to others. That card always reminds me of Robin Hood and Maid Marion's lady that gave out coins..

George

Post by George » Sun May 06, 2007 1:30 pm

George wrote:
Gem wrote:
yes, i can see in the future reading for someone that might have asked, "will i found a job in the future?"  and have this card came up.  it would be like, "no your going to wine up begging on the streets and depending on the kindness of strangers" in that Blanche DuBois voice!  :smt018  :smt046  :smt044

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi Gem,
Thanks for the info. I saw the Major Arcana after I finished the 6's, so I am starting on them now (I just got tired last night)  :)
O appreciate the link to the rest of the lessons (in order). Makes it so much earsier for me. I got a little confused last night. I was my first night on the boards.

MysticCrystal

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Wed May 30, 2007 10:38 am

Wands - He rides back in to town, pleased with the outcome of the battle, yet again he has been victorious in a battle, the streets are lined with people coming out to cheer at their success.  I believe the querent is the person on the horse.

Swords - We must go quickly, the woman states, to the oarsman.  The oarsman hears her quietly speaking to the child, we have lost everything, I am shamed. I am sorry... for everything that has happened, it will all be alright in time, one day we will be able to return... the querent is the hooded lady.

Cups - The old lady approaches his stall and asks to buy some flowers.  Everything reminds him of his grandmother, her walk, her voice, her twinkling eyes.  But it cannot be...she had died a long time ago, when he was just a boy.  How much for the flowers?  Just a smile today will be enough... she smiles and winks at him, and then she is gone...the querent is the flower seller.

Pentacles - You are very kind to us sir, we promise that we will put this money to good use, I have always strived to become an educated person, so that I too can get a job, and not put my family in this position.  I will repay you oneday when I have achieved that. - The querent being the person receieving the money

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed May 30, 2007 11:16 am

Very interesting Chooky :) I think you are really enjoying this.

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Thu May 31, 2007 1:55 am

Gem

yes i am, it is great, I am really enjoying it! A great way to learn the cards, rather than by rote, which always seemed like a huge task, which is why I think I have never done it.  

Chooky

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 31, 2007 11:06 am

Did you read the beginning bit about the two ways to learn?..... http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24578

Glad you are enjoying it :)

Return to “Tarot Homework”