Chinese VS. Western

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Astroman101

Chinese VS. Western

Post by Astroman101 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:20 am

I have read alot on astrology.
There is Western and Chinese.
Both are correct in there own ways.

Anyone have a certain preference over the other as to what is more accurate?

ian grace

chinese vs western

Post by ian grace » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:38 pm

I  have  found  over  the  last  year  or  two  working  at  the  postal  sorting  centre  in  Greenford,  London,  that  the  compatibilities  for  chinese  astrology  are  quite  accurate.  I  have  made  mental  notes  of  the  many  ages  and  have  put  some  of  the  findings  to  the  test.  Monkeys,  dragons  and  rats  tend  to  get  along  fine (I'm  a  red  dragon) and  similarly  for  the  other  triads.  I  was  born  in  the  hours  of  the  tiger,  so  this  modifies  things  somewhat.  I  have  not  delved  into  this  much  further.  A  professional  is  required.

My  primary  interest  is  in  Vedic  astrology,  which  i  have  found  to  be  spot  on  over  the  5  years  that  i  have  been  studying  and  exploring  it.  

Numerology  provides  another  fascinating  perspective  here  and  i  would  recommend  the  Idiot's  guide  to  numerology.  It's  an  excellent  easy  to  read  book  with  nice  pictures  of  little  friendly  wizards.

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:09 am

Can you please do a vedic astrology reading for me?

ian grace

Post by ian grace » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:41 pm

Sure.  It's  a  beginner's  level  really  but  i  am  happy  to  try  and  give  you  some  good  information.  I  require  your  time  of  birth  if  possible,  date  and  place.  Please  provide  your  full  name (middle  names  as  well) if  you  like and  i  will  have  a  look  at  the  numerological  side    for  it  is  providing  very  much  greater  insight i  am  finding  as  i  reread  the  idiots  guide  to  numerology.  
Best  wishes
Ian

Novus

Post by Novus » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:45 am

I am not familiar with Chinese Astrology, however, I do know that it is based on the year that you are born in. While, Western Astrology is based on the exact minute of the exact day. I think Chinese Astrology is untrue.
Sun sign Taurus with Capricorn ascendant.
Life path number 8

ian grace

Post by ian grace » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:45 am

Chinese  astrology  is  also  based  on  the  exact  minute  and  day.  It  provides  a  very  interesting  and  alternative  perspective.  The  book  Taoist  astrology  by  Jean  Levitt  and  louise  Tang  has  given  me  a  good  general  introduction.  As  i   mentioned  before,  i  have  not  delved  into  it  much  further.  You'll  be  surprised.
good  luck  with  your  studies
Ian

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:19 pm

Dear Astroman,

If you need a Vedic Astrology reading....here is the link to the correct forum!  Have fun....

http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=66

love and rainbows

Raka
"Where I come from nobody goes....where I go to nobody knows..."

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:19 pm

I have done alot of reseach in alot of different types of divinations.
I know all the information I can get from reading of all kinds.

Western Astro:
Sun: Taurus
Moon: Leo
Rising: Virgo

Vedic Astro:
Moon: Cancer
Asc: Leo
Birthstar: Ashlesha

Numerology:
Life path: 8
Destiny: 1
Soul #: 3
Personality: 7

Chinese Astro:
Hour of: Fire Goat
Day of: Fire Rabbit
Month of: Metal Dragon
Year of: Metal Horse

Only problem is there is alot of variation between all of them and its hard to say which one is more accurate. Some of it might be because of my age(17) but its still hard to decide which one  is more right then the other.

ian grace

Post by ian grace » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:18 am

Good  morning  Waqar,  I  had  a  little  look  at  your  chart  and  interestingly  enough,  you  have  the  moon  very  close  to  ketu ( which  occurs  in  my  chart  as  well.)  This  explains  your  deep  interest  in  spiritual  matters.  More  to  the  point,  you  have  recently,( or  are  shortly  about  to,  for  this  depends  on  your  time  of  birth)  entered  a  ketu  major  period.  For  spiritual  matters (  especially  related  to  the  planet  venus  for  venus  is  placed  in  the  ninth  house  from  your  ketu  (  and  moon)  this  is  very  auspicious.  Chanting,  music,  kirtan,  dancing,  aromatherapy  and  many  other  venusian  affairs  will  meet  with  good  success.  The  sun  in  the  tenth  is  also  a  very  promising  placement.  Aim  high.  Take  care  of  your  health  at  the  same  time,  for  ketu  is  not  an  easy  planet  to  deal  with.  wholesome  food, Braggs  book  on  the  'Miracle  of  fasting'  will  be  very  beneficial  (  start  slowly and  surely.  e.g  a  24  hour  weekly  fast  from  saturday(particularly)  lunchtime(  or  all  day)  to  sunday  lunch  time,  or  morning,  breakking  the  fast  with  some light  fruit  or  apple  stew.  Rest  up  and  study  scriptures,  etc.  Popetry  would  be  lovely) ,  a  look  into  ayurveda  or  traditional  chinese  medicine  alo  (  the  dorling  Kindersley  series  is  excellent  here)  Regular  uplifting  exercise,  good  sleep,  early  to  bed,  early  to  rise  makes  the  man  nhealthy ,  wealthy  and  wise,  quality  time  with  family  and  friends  and good  books.  
God  bless
Ian

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:01 pm

Thankx ian grace
That reading is quiet true.  I have been feeling up and down with my emotions and been doing lots of reading on many things.
To be honest, i feel out of touch with reality right about now as if im one some other planet. If you say its the moon, I believe you.

Any other kind of predictions you can do for me, something in near future might be coming, i should know about pls let me know.
I feel quiet lost...
Last edited by Astroman101 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Georgie

Post by Georgie » Tue May 01, 2007 1:22 am

Western astrology is more in tune with our culture here in the west. Chinese astology goes from the time of conception, western, from the time of birth. Do you know when you were conceived? To the minute?
You are young enough to ask, my parents are both gone now!
"If ye mortals have offended, think but this and all is mended..."

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:41 pm

Yes i have asked my parents..... well to be honest just my mom cus she would know exactly when...   and she says it was exactly 2:30 PM
on May 2 1990...

ian grace

Post by ian grace » Tue May 01, 2007 11:38 pm

Hi  Waqar,  It's  a  pleasure.  Could  you  post  the  city  and  country  please  plus  the  time  there  at  birth.  You're  right  about  feeling  on  another  planet  with  Ketu  conjunct  the  moon.  Tell  me  about  it.  I  started  up  a  mars  period  recently  after  my  moon  cycle  (  my  moon  is  2  degrees  before  ketu  in  aries.  Jupiter  at  the  begininning  is  giving  some  relief  thankfully)  It  was  tough  but  i  had  some  special  insights  and  have  come  ouyt  alot  stronger  than  before.  There  are  good  points.  The  key  i  believe  is  to  increase  the  sattva (  the  light,  purity  etc)Nature  walks,  Yoga,  Tai-chi,  martial  arts  etc.  I  write  as our  little  cat,  Bob,  tries  to  settle  down  on  my  lap.  He's  settled  now,  it's  easy  to  write.  Wholesome  food,  making  use  of  the  early  hours (  an  hour  before  sunrise  and  1  hr  after  for  prayer  and  scriptures  and  meditation  etc).  Go  easy.  Ketu  period  lasts  for  a  period  of  7  years and  it  tends  to  spiritualise  the  life.  Then  you'll  enter  a  venus  period  and  expect  good  things.  The  sun  period  also  promises  well,  so  let's  these  thoughts  settle  with  some  nice  calming  music  and  rest  and  it  will  be  allright.  You  might  like  to  look  into  home  (  cancerian  issues)  as  well.  Take  care  of  your  relationship with  your  mother  and  maybe  take  a  look  into  Feng  Shui  and  space  clearing.  Karen  Kingston  has  written  two  lovely  books  here  aand  Master  Lam  Kam  chuen  writes beautifully  on  Feng  Shui.  Good  luck
Ian

Astroman101

Post by Astroman101 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:10 pm

And i really hope this "on another planet" goes away soon.
One minute i feeling relaxed calm and all mad o annoyed the next.
Im currently in the process of choosing my profession but i am unsure what i want to do.
Again, one second i want to be a big CEO of a large company,  the next  i dont mind being the average guy fixing cars... I hope the moon can explain itself.
Last edited by Astroman101 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ian grace

Post by ian grace » Thu May 03, 2007 8:16 am

Good  morning  Waqar,  With  that  birth  time,  your  present  cycle  happens  to  be  Venus.  I  mentioned  it  was  time  sensitive (  14  hours  has  shifted  it alot)  Enjoy  it.  With  regards  to  career,  you'll  need  the  advice  of  a  professional.  Being  an  infant  in  this  field, i  am  not  able  to  be  of  assistance  here.  The  following  website  has  a  certain  tarot  set  called  medicine  woman  tarot.  I  find  it  a  very  good  firend  in  gaining  clearer  perspectives.  Good  luck.
Best  wishes
Ian

Return to “Western Astrology”