Banner ads by Google

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kathirteen

Banner ads by Google

Post by kathirteen » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:38 pm

Hi,
I am a little concerned about the impression that Google ad makes to new visitors. I almost didn't join because I saw that ad first thing when I came to the board. When I realized it was a Google ad and not necessarily a view supported by the forum, then I overlooked it. The Law of 3, and indeed all Universal Laws would prohibit any sensible being from even thinking about doing that kind of "spellwork".  The sooner that banner is gone the better I will feel about coming back here.
Thanks for hearing me out,
Kathirteen
Each of us has our own measure of time
~ Stephen Hawking

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:38 pm

I understand what u mean kathirteen, just now I can see a very big ad saying "Voodoo-Black Magic Spells" for a site about revenge spells. I agree that looks very bad, but unfortunatly Google Ads are one of the source of revene which helps us for running the site on the server. But I will let Abhishek or swetha to explain this to u. But one thing is we don't endorse any of those sites, they are just "Sponsored Links" through Google.

kathirteen

Post by kathirteen » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:46 pm

I know.... and I understand why it is there - free sites need to get support from somewhere. But you'd think they could pick something better to advertise!
:smt083
Ads like that cheapen the site they appear on. Like I said, I can overlook it, but it could really scare away someone who doesn't understand how these things work.
Thanks for responding!
Kathirteen
~ Stephen Hawking

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:58 pm

I can't see what you guys are talking about,  I just have a small line saying sponsered by google in purple.  Maybe my advert blocker is making them go away?
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

kathirteen

Post by kathirteen » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:51 pm

Maybe. I see it on my computer with or without the blocker on.
kathirteen
~ Stephen Hawking

Brother-Minos

Post by Brother-Minos » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:29 am

I thought it was rather funny.

African religions like Vodu and it's offspring Santeria are very interesting religions; and they are some of the most misunderstood as well.
The Google-ad site is probably one of those which play off the dark mysterious nature of it, and misrepresent it also.
But don't be quick to base your opinion on that kind of portrayal. These religions are not about cursing and sticking pins in dolls. It is an elaborate system of rituals for achieving higher states of consciousness. Like every other religion there are the people who abuse practices. But that can be said for ANY group of people; including Christian and Wiccan.

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:08 am

True brother Minos,.....

but I actually visited this site and this guy is totally walking the Left Hand Path....LOL  I wouldn't want to have his Karma in his next life...

Having said that, Voodoo or Vodun is a very interesting subject.  It originated in Central West Africa and is even today practiced amongst many of the indigenous people there.  In South Africa we have their equivalent which is the Sangoma or "Witchdoctor", and you don't mess with these people...(grins)

love and rainbows

Raka
"Where I come from nobody goes....where I go to nobody knows..."

Brother-Minos

Post by Brother-Minos » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:17 am

*deleted*
Last edited by Brother-Minos on Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kathirteen

Post by kathirteen » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:09 pm

Now, today I don't see it there all the time. When I logged in I didn't see it, but now as I'm writing this post I do see it.
~ Stephen Hawking

kathirteen

Post by kathirteen » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:08 pm

I really don't think that the ad's intention is to enlighten people about the religion of Voodoo. It clearly wants to attract people who want to act out their negative urges, specifically revenge. Revenge, in my opinion, is not a "spiritual" concept in any religion. I believe all religions are constructed as a ways and means to practice spirituality, each having their own rituals for attaining the highest spiritual connection we, as human beings, can have with our chosen Ultimate Being, God, Goddess, etc.. (Whether the individuals who belong to a religion strive for that purpose is another issue.) I don't know a lot about Voodoo, but it's pretty obvious there exists a "negative" path because that's the side most of us hear about, but I would guess there is also a "positive" path in that religion as well. just as there are in other religions. The ad is appealing to a viewer's negative inner desire for revenge, just in order to make money, without regard to the Karmic consequences that exacting revenge may involve. Of cousre, I'm assuming that most people believe in Karma, and that it works whether a person believes in it or not. If a person doesn't believe in "what goes around comes around", they can take their chances if they want to. It's their choice.  On a side note, I was doing a little research a while ago and was going through the Psalms in the Bible. I was struck at how many of them not only promote revenge, but promise it!
The bottom line is: "Do what you want an' harm none" I'm guessing most of us who come to this board believe in, and practice this rule for living. It's a lot like the Golden Rule. I do have to point out though, and I have learned the hard way, that not everyone does believe this way. Those types of people don't have a conscience, and most of them are sociopaths by definition.
This topic really got me going! :smt025
~ Stephen Hawking

Brother-Minos

Post by Brother-Minos » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:21 am

The ad has one intention and its to make money. The picture of the 'spell caster' is fake; all the information is fake; it has a baphomet sigil at the top with the banner; there's nothing voodoo about it, in fact, even left hand-pathers who use the baphomet rarely have understanding of it. Whoever made the site doesn't know a thing about magick and is just preying on the gullible. I'm pretty sure they don't even do any 'spell casting"; they just take money and let the customer think stuff is gonna happen. If something does happen they will think it was the voodoo guy; if it doesn't they will demand their money back; but too bad! It's really no different than those who claim to work "white magick" for people. It's all business.

Mlady Raka

YOU ARE RIGHT BROTHER!!!

Post by Mlady Raka » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:17 am

I did a little investigation on the net, and found the following site:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff212008.htm

This is what they had to say about these kind of sites, and you will notice that "Revenge Spells" Site is also listed here!!!

Today we have to warn the masses about this illegal online love spell casting scam ring operating from the US, Argentina and Sweden. For the last 6 months I have been working with more than 75 victims and we have done a lot of research. Finally we have collected enough evidence to pursue legal actions.

Please read this carefully... many of you have already reported several sister sites of this scam artist ring right here on the rip off report.

These are not authentic spell casters, these are rip offs, that operate in the dark without any licenses. They don't even pay their taxes and that's how we are on to them. We are in touch with the proper authorities in Argentina, the US, and in Sweden. It is a federal crime after all!

If you have used any of these services, please write your experience right here on the rip off report. Collect as much information as you can especially names that are being used to receive western union payments. On the bottom of this report you can find the real names and addresses of the crooks behind this illegal spell casting scam ring!

Remember spellsforum.org?
It's just about to happen again... That's why we need to warn the masses before any one falls victim to these rip offs again.

Their websites are:

http://www.theastrologyweb.com - Fraudulent Review Site

www.divinelovespells.com
Fake name: Lee Ann = FRAUD
Spells do not work and does not honor her money back guarantee.

www.realvoodoo.org
Fake name: JOSUE J. LENOIR = FRAUD
The picture was stolen from a church website: http://www.traditioninaction.org/Revolu ... A001rc.htm
These crooks will stop at nothing to make a buck. Check it out for yourself.

www.venuslovespells.com
Fake name: High-Priestess Samantha = Fraud

www.revenge-spells.com/
Fake name: Luther Joseph Lafortune - Fraud
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff179398.htm

www.angellovespells.com - Fraud

www.psychicdena.com/
Fake name: Dena = Fraud

www.weightlossspells.net - Pictures stolen from trimspa and ediets
FRAUD

www.magick-love-spells.com/ - Content of this book has been stolen from legitimate businesses and websites. Pending copyright infringement law suit.
Fraud

www.nadirastrologer.com
Fraud

www.psychichelp.net/
This is the same site as the former www.ancient-egypian-magick.com site

www.zodiac-sign.biz
Fake name: Donald Yung = Fraud

www.theastrologyweb.com
Advertising Platform of this crooks

www.hollywoodmagick.com - Fraud
All pictures are stolen from Entertainment Weekly Magazine

www.cincinnatipsychics.com - Fraud
Advertising Platform of this crooks

www.angelblueessential.com
FRAUD Advertising Platform

www.spellsforums.org
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff192652.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff178188.htm

www.ahintofseduction.com - Fraud

www.witchcraftexposed.com - Fraud

www.ancient-egypian-magick.com - Fraud

www.astralreadings.com - Fraud

www.badluckreversinspells.com - Fraud

www.gay-lovespells.com - Fraud

www.gaylove-spells.com - Fraud

www.hollywoodmagick.com - Fraud

www.magickwithin.com - Fraud

www.mysticalreading.com - Fraud

www.online-confession.com - Fraud

www.smspells.com - Fraud

www.smsspells.com - Fraud

www.mmspells.com - Fraud

www.mmsspells.com - Fraud

www.worldspells.com - Fraud

www.magickcircle.org - Fraud

www.fortunespells.com - Fraud

www.lovespellslinks.com - Fraud

www.spellslinks.com - Fraud

www.spellsforum.com - Fraud

www.spellsforum.biz - Fraud

www.spellsforum.info - Fraud

The followings are the real names and addresses of these scam artists who have been ripping off people world wide:

Jens Johansson
Borgtan 36
164 75 Kista
Sweden
He is 29 years old, unmarried, living with his mother. He has registered
debts, but not very much.

Jens Johansson
Torvmossegrה®₪ 1 C
187 42 Tה¢¹
Sweden
He is 33 years old, married and has 2 children born 2001 and 2003. No debts

Osvaldo Jorge Marchioni
Alsina 372 Casa 6
San Isidro, Buenos Aires 1624
Argentina
Phone: 45517615

Maria Magdalena Nirenstein
Alsina 372 Casa 6
San Isidro, Buenos Aires 1624
Argentina
Phone: 45517615

REMEMBER: Never ever hire anyone without an actual address. Any website that does not have an address is a RED FLAG! Stay away!

WESTERN UNION: Anyone that asks you to send Western Union Payments is a Scam Artist! PERIOD!

THESE ARE REAL CROOKS - BE VERY CAREFUL!

Gaby
Los angeles, California
U.S.A.

love and rainbows

Raka
"Where I come from nobody goes....where I go to nobody knows..."

Brother-Minos

Post by Brother-Minos » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:44 am

LOL! Wow M'lady, good detective work there! Gotta give the report writers credit for doing all this fraud busting. These frauds give us all a bad name and make us a laughing stock to many others; they don't represent all of us, and this is a good lesson to those who are looking for easy answers to their problems.

I wish everyone who is interested in metaphysics and religious-spirituality strives to educate themselves in everything possible; not just in current new age subjects, but history, science, philosophy, health, art, semiotics, psychology, etc. etc. I know its not possible to know everything; but knowing the right things like how to think critically, is crucial in how we represent spirituality.

I have a link here; it's a little harsh and not that well written but here goes:

http://pagandiversity.com/fluffy.html

Of course, those fluffies who are actively learning should not be mocked or discouraged.
I mention the fluffbunnies because they have a tendency for falling for the fraud sites and also tend to set up their own.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:25 pm

Thanx for the list Raka, usually I wouldn't let anyone else post links on the forum, but here is an exception, because u have mentioned all the sites that are frauds & it will help ppl who see this, & they can make sure that they don't get folled by those sites.

kathirteen

Post by kathirteen » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:39 am

M'Lady Raka!!!
You are my Hero!!  Thank You so much for this information! And Thank You to Vishwas for allowing the post to stay. Even though I am not one to look for these sites, it's good to know who they are in case I run into another site they may be running.
Many Thanks!!!
Kathirteen :smt055
~ Stephen Hawking

Return to “General Discussion”