Gem's Tarot Classes - Sign Up & Learn

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:02 pm

hi gem im really interested in learning tarot i got the RW deck for xmas

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Welcome Glenellen :) Enjoy the course

sharonlee

fav tarot decks & learning

Post by sharonlee » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:52 am

Gem,

I got my first deck when a teen (RW, of course!). I also had the witches' tarot (because of the Bond movie...). I haven't worked with the cards in a very long time and decided to join this forum where I can *hopefully* not only refresh my talent but learn more.

I agree that the RW seems easiest to use. I think a part of that is, those drawings seem to tap into the Western European collective consciousness - on the Jungian archetype level, I think. I know for me, even having studied other decks (my son has a dragon deck), nothing quite *clicks* like RW.

Sharon
All reality is perceived; do with it what you will.

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi Sharon, welcome,

I am another Bond Tarotist lol, hard deck to learn from with the lack of pics I agree. enjoy the course :)

Angelsway

Post by Angelsway » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi Gem,
I am interested in learning the Tarot. I started once before but due to mishaps wasn't able to continue. So here I am :) ready to start again. I have a few different decks but RW is my favorite, one deck is called Gypsy Witch but says their fortune telling cards, another just says Tarot Cards but has these letters on the box NEUHAUSEN AM RHEINFALL SWITZERLAND they look old, and these last ones came with the Tarot Discovery Kit and the cards are The Enchanted World of Zerner/Farber Tarot deck  I think this will be fun and I can use to keep busier.  Thanks......Jen
Though no-one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end...............~ Author Unknown ~

George

Post by George » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:29 pm

Angelsway wrote:Hi Gem,
I am interested in learning the Tarot. I started once before but due to mishaps wasn't able to continue. So here I am :) ready to start again. I have a few different decks but RW is my favorite, one deck is called Gypsy Witch but says their fortune telling cards, another just says Tarot Cards but has these letters on the box NEUHAUSEN AM RHEINFALL SWITZERLAND they look old, and these last ones came with the Tarot Discovery Kit and the cards are The Enchanted World of Zerner/Farber Tarot deck  I think this will be fun and I can use to keep busier.  Thanks......Jen
glad to see you made it over here and your decks sure sound interesting!  maybe if possible hoping you can post pics of them if not thats okay too, of course...   :smt002

and overall its never to late to learn something new and found old friends again!  can't wait to see your contributions to the class.  
:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Junior1203

Post by Junior1203 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:36 am

I am new to this forum and your class was recomended.  It was my impression that you had to have the gift of being able to read the tarot.  I've never tried to read them.  Is reading the tarot something you can learn?  Can you shed some light.  Thank you so much.

heavenly7073

Tarot class with Gem

Post by heavenly7073 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:22 am

Hi,  My name is Celeste and I have been studying Tarot for about four years.  I use Rider Waite deck when I do readings for other people because it is the one I understand best.  I also like the Robin Wood deck for readings.  I have other decks in my collection - Goddess, Haindl, Zerner/Farber, Shaman Wisdom, Medicine Cards, and Golden Tarot but I use these mostly for me.  I love the Tarot and everything connected to it.  I look forward to joining your group.    Love, Peace & Light - Celeste
Love, Peace & Light - Celeste

sharonlee

Post by sharonlee » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:41 am

I've just received a new deck I found on eBay: the Vampire Tarot. Fascinating images. Don't expect to use them regularly; RW still taps into my subconscious the best. Anyone else come across this deck? Sharon
All reality is perceived; do with it what you will.

eccentricgrandma1

Hi,

Post by eccentricgrandma1 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:43 am

I will be starting somewhat late but am very familiar witht he decks and their meanings.  Just like to keep in touch as I have been ill and house bound for quite some time.  My name is Pam and have as many 78 card decks as I can get my hands on.  Use rider waite but love to see different individuals intrepretation of what is so clear on the rider waite deck once you understand the symbols.
Manifest by action

pirbid

Welcome everyone!

Post by pirbid » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:00 pm

:smt020 I am thrilled there are so many of you joining up for this year's course. I was beginning to feel a little lonely on the homework thread  :smt003

Junior, no special gift is needed as far as I know (I certainly do not think I have one). Just a liking for handling Tarot decks and delving into their meanings. As Gem states in the opening threads for her course (Tarot Lessons and Tutorials thread), this is an intuitive reading course, so no books are needed. Just yourself, your deck or decks and a bit of time to dedicate to it.

Celeste, I also read from those two and have a few more. Never heard about Sharon's though, I will have to look it up in Aeclectic to see what it looks like.

Hello, Pam, great to have another collector along (many of us are compulsive deck buyers  :smt003 ).

Most heartfelt welcome to you all. Looking forward to seeing your posts. Enjoy!  :smt020
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Junior1203

Post by Junior1203 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:31 pm

Thanks for your response.  I guess my first step should be to actually purchase a deck of tarot cards.  I thought only the gifted could read the cards but I am really interested in learning and now that I found this forum I think it will help along the process.

George

Post by George » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Junior1203 wrote:Thanks for your response.  I guess my first step should be to actually purchase a deck of tarot cards.  I thought only the gifted could read the cards but I am really interested in learning and now that I found this forum I think it will help along the process.
don't worry about being gifted or anything that.  We all have a gift of sorts some are just stronger but we all have the ability to use the Tarot.  and if you not one of the stronger one practice makes perfect!  

you don't have to buy a deck but it is more fun that way.  right now, until you get your cards there is a full deck of pictures online here you could look at and study until you have a deck of your own.

good luck!

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Junior1203

Post by Junior1203 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:59 pm

Thanks can't wait to get started.

FSoto

Post by FSoto » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:45 pm

hello Is it to late to enroll in the class? I would love to find out more about it! I have a RW deck and even though i know a little bit, i would like to know more about this more confidently.
goodbye. :smt006
PEACE LOVE & HAPPINESS.

^_^

Return to “Learn Tarot”