Ganesha & Laxmi can face South

An Indian architectural science that brings about well being and happiness by principles based on direction

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

cupidscastle

Ganesha & Laxmi can face South

Post by cupidscastle » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:15 am

Hii All,
A few weeks ago a friend of my father visited our office. He is a vaastu consultant and has earned good name. We have a small wooden bracket temple in our Office (that most of you Indians must be aware of...we all keep one) with idols of Lord Ganesha and Laxmi. This temple is situated in the North-East and the idols face West. All this time we belived this is the best position...
However, the consultant described that wealth(Laxmi) is belived to have come from the North from where it moves downwards i.e. to other directions...He explained that if a person starts from north, then to move to any direction he will have to face south...Same is the case with the idols...Hence He suggested us to keep our Bracket(temple) facing South in the North-east.
What do you people suggest???????

dawkter

Post by dawkter » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:12 pm

In my house when i sit in prayer I am facing the east.It is as per what my vaastu guy told my grandfather years ago and i dont particularly feel right about shifting gods ffrom one end to the other.

MaUpma

All Gods can face South and West

Post by MaUpma » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:57 am

In Vastu, it is important that when you pray you are either facing the East or the North.

Based on this tenet, both the positions are correct. Lord Ganesh in particular can also face North as North is the dwelling of His father - Lord Shiva.

Moreover, a Ganesha Idol is believed to be an idol cure for any vastu defects caused due to the Main door facing the South. People install a statue of Lord Ganesh over their South facing door to correct the vastu defect.
I am a practising Vastu, Astrology, Fengshui and Reiki consultant based out of Navi Mumbai India. I run a successful blog www.indusguru.com.

Return to “Vastu Shastra”