my first, some what cold reading, of a lady at work--looking for feedback, please.

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

George

my first, some what cold reading, of a lady at work--looking for feedback, please.

Post by George » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:59 pm

I did my first reading Monday on a lady at work because she asked me to.  As excited, as I was to read for someone else beside myself I was scared too that I would give her the wrong message? But did it anyway and ask her forgiveness before hand  :smt008

I use the Celtic cross to do the reading with.  I placed the cards down in the style as if Roman Catholic’s cross themselves.

Cards one and two are the same placement as used by the tarot reading software and Samantha.
The 3rd card crowns her (helps or hinders).
The 4th card is beneath her (distance past).
The 5th card is behind her (past 3 months).  
The 6th card is before you (near past).
Then cards 7-10 are the same.

I placed the cards and looked them over. Overall, I got a positive feelings about the outcome save for some rocky road that gets her there.  As I read the cards I explain what the placements of the cards meant and what the cards meant all the while asking questions about the future, past etc. I feel the reading is going to be much richer by her answering questions as I read. It felt like a very personal reading to me.  Also, it felt natural to me to ask questions.   I tend to think I’m not telling the future but leading the person towards it.  And if need be warn about her path's pitfalls, etc.  It seems to me that the cards could change the future if certain paths are changed because of the reading. It’s just how I look at it thus far.

Her question was, "Will my husband move with me?"  Which I knew what that meant because She is leaving her job here and moving out of state to go work for her brother, who owns his own business, in January of 2007.   Through out the reading I found out there was and will a lot of conflict in the household right now and in the past with her husband and family.  Husband and brother do not get along.  She is a strong willed women who speaks her mind.

She is the queen of pentacles.
Card 1 was: 2 of wands
Card 2 that crosses her was: hangman
Card 3 knight of pentacles (reversed)
Card 4 the tower (reversed)
Card 5 3 of wands
Card 6 page of swords
Card 7 knight of swords
Card 8 The Lovers
Card 9 2 of swords
Card 10 the chariot

My reading for her:  It was a long discussion and I’m have a hard time remember everything single detail and I’ve added some more to my reading that I did not giver her that day because I reread the cards to refresh my meaning and I was picking up some new meaning of the cards and placements that I missed that day. Which I plan to give her and copy of this because I told her I was going to post it and so she could she reread it for herself.  She said it was okay for me to post this.

Card 1:The cards seem to know about her new job and he brother’s business because of the 2 of wands that covers her because that represents the overall events and situations.
Card 2: The Hangman that crosses her that represents current problems and challenges. Seems to imply to me that sacrifices in order to achieve desired goals with an implication of bondage.  Meaning that this new job was to take place in September not January and she has to wait until then.  The bondage being that she has to say at work now and put up with some negative stuff.  (This card wasn’t to clear to me now then it did the day of the reading.  I wasn’t to sure what it meant.  At the time I told her that its not overall a bad card).
Card 3: Knight of Pentacles, the knowledge of present situations.  I told her that this might be her brother save her brother is in his 50’s.  It just felt like him to her new job and me.
Card 4:  The Tower, the root.  After getting to reading the other cards around it I told her that this meant not good but the danger isn’t that great and with the danger of “words that can’t be taken back” and to watch out for them because of the two of swords near by.  But because of the “The Lovers” that someone may be causing the problem that I thought might be knight of swords (not sure about that card at all was lost of a meaning).

Card 5: 3 of wands, representing the near past, still basically the seeds of growth in her brother’s business.

Card 6: two of swords, the future. I was lost on this card and thought it might be a teen or child male or female that might come into play with the “words that can’t be taken back” coming from the two of swords.

Card 7:  Knight of Swords, represent attitude and negative feelings.  I told her this is how she maybe feeling about her question about her husband and overall feelings about the move.  (She agreed.)

Card 8: The Lovers, her home.  There is love no matter what for her husband and him for her. (She agreed)

Card 9: 2 of swords, her fears and hopes.  I said this was to mean temporary truce because this what I felt from The Lovers although I not sure what the truce was.  I said there might be a letter although I didn’t feel that the card was taken that meaning.

Card 10: The Chariot, the outcome.  I told her after I first turn this card over that it looks positive because he is represents to me moving forward. After reading the meaning I felt the card was conquest and the union of good and bad.  The good being the move and the husband coming to together with his wife because of The Lovers once of again.  I told her it look good for her question and just to watch out for the “words that can’t be taken back”  

After the reading I asked her how she felt about it and how I did on reading them. She said she like it and thought I did a good job.  I was happy with it and felt good.  

Even if you don’t read it yourself and type it out can you please give feedback on how I did with reading the cards.  

Thanks
george
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:21 am

I think you did  remarkable job

I hate it when I would think I'm doing this wrong..  toy self though...
She will come to you alot and say... Hay remember you said~!!!!! and so on and so on... :-)
The word will be out, Go to him for a reading...

I't sounds fine to me... How do you feel?

George

Post by George » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:28 pm

Nicole wrote:I think you did  remarkable job

She will come to you alot and say... Hay remember you said~!!!!! and so on and so on... :-)

i feel good about it and she said she felt good about it and i'm not sure if there is anything else you could ask for!  :smt026  

thanks for the kind words   :smt039

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:26 pm

George wrote:

i feel good about it and she said she felt good about it and i'm not sure if there is anything else you could ask for!  :smt026  

What happen to Smith~?  :smt017  lol
Ñícolé

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:23 am

Think that was a good reading, but then again I have never done one myself, good job george.

George

Post by George » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:13 pm

Nicole wrote:
George wrote:

Vishwas changed it for me because i didni't like that i put on the smith. i like it better just as george.  although if i would have thought about it  more when i signed up i would have come up with a nickname.

thanks for you kind words on my reading.

What happen to Smith~?  :smt017  lol

George

Post by George » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:14 pm

Vishwas wrote:Think that was a good reading, but then again I have never done one myself, good job george.
thanks i appreacate the feedback

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:12 pm

I think your reading was good...and since the quarrant was pleased so should you.

The following are just my thoughts about how I do readings.

In my opinion is Tarot more a guidiance then "truth telling".
Of course there are many Tarot readers with good intuation who can predict very close, but I think for us " pupils" we must see in the eyes that we still have a lot to learn.

So the few times I do a reading I am very carefull, not to say "powerfully built opinions", but are far more carefully  and say" If you do so and so this will lead to the next card...."

This way you give the quarrant a "thought" and not a finish product.
The quarrant will often take this thought and find the solution that suit the problem, but if you give the solution you think, this might be wrong and the reading fails :)
Hope I managed to tell it so you all understand it, but this is not the only truth...just mine ...you all do what is best for you:)

cool cat

Post by cool cat » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:10 pm

well george
that was a good job!
in my opinion if u r unsure about ur own reading; then practice is the only key to come over that feeling.
just keep on practicing and i day u will be confident about readings.
and i do agree what rubetello said:
In my opinion is Tarot more a guidiance then "truth telling".
Of course there are many Tarot readers with good intuation who can predict very close, but I think for us " pupils" we must see in the eyes that we still have a lot to learn.

So the few times I do a reading I am very carefull, not to say "powerfully built opinions", but are far more carefully  and say" If you do so and so this will lead to the next card...."

This way you give the quarrant a "thought" and not a finish product.
The quarrant will often take this thought and find the solution that suit the problem, but if you give the solution you think, this might be wrong and the reading fails
bye
catty

Doris

Post by Doris » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:49 am

Hi George,

Here is my reading for the cards you did for your friend. I read your interpretations for the reading after I did mine and it seems abit different, but I don't know the lady at your work, so I simply based my reading on the cards. Remember I'm just a beginner and have not yet fully understood how to put the cards together fully. Let me know what you think?

Significator: Queen Pentacles

1. 2 Wands  
           a. Indicates a doorway of possibilities, choice of staying in current secure situation or moving to a new life.
           b. Making the choice will not be straight forward.

2. Hanged Man
           a. Time of waiting, patience is required – right time will come.
           b. Things should change within the next 12 months.

3. Knight Pentacles (rev)
           a. High achiever, but can become quite arrogant & unrealistic
           b. Preoccupied with material wealth or own health

4. Tower (rev)
           a. Indicates disruption or change which will be beneficial in long run.
           b. Need to look at life from new perspective.

5. 3 Wands
           a. What you’ve been working on starts to bear fruit.
           b. Embarking on a new enterprise should bring success. Indicates travel for work.

6. Page Swords
           a. Someone you know you have been communicating with via telephone or long distance.
           b. Important news is coming

7. Knight Swords
           a. Intellectual person who enjoys challenges, discussions & arguments.
           b. Radical change in lifestyles, impending air travel.

8. Lovers
           a. Choices to be made, opportunity/temptation for a love affair may arise.

9. 2 Swords
           a. Struggling with dilemma, two people with opposing views.
           b. Relationship problems indicated.

10. Chariot
           a. Successful resolution, arguments lie ahead.
           b. Indicates journey, will be able to put plans into action.

I would conclude from these cards that the move planned will not be an easy one, there seems to be a lot of obstacles and differences to overcome, and some very difficult choices to make. The cards do indicate that whatever choices are made a successful resolution will be found, but not without arguments and conflict.

cybee

Well done!

Post by cybee » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:23 pm

I am very impressed, if that was your first reading. Well done again.
Your cards came out very well and helped to guide you through the reading. You also asked questions about past, present and future, well done again. Most people who go to readers think you can just pluck the future out of the air and will not even speak to you. Tarot is a two-way thing, between reader and querent.

I am totally amazed at which cards came out for you. WOW!

You got stuck on the Hangman - This crossed her, so we know it was an obstacle she needed to overcome. Well, nothing to do with bondage or entrapment I would say but looking at it from the spreads' point of view and placement of the cards, I would say it was her own rut that she had got into, probably in her mind. She needed to make a decision but was afraid of the implications and so things became stagnant She was looking for unbiased advice and you did a brilliant job.

Of course the Chariot said it all really - The final outcome. She will move regardless but the real question was the 2 of Swords (unsure), right smack in her thoughts and thinking area. If she believes in what you told her, the next reading, if she wants one, will hopefully clear the 2 of Swords out of her mind and maybe you might see the Ace has replaced it.

Well done again and keep up the good work.
10 out of 10
A 5 ***** reading.

Cybee

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:37 pm

Okay George, here is what I got.  I tried to put it in a summary instead of ticking off every card as I have been doing.

I see that she is faced with a lot of tension and a fear to face the inevitable conflict.  She may be forced to make a personal sacrifice to realize her goal.  There will be an inevitable breakdown in pretenses.  She has much entusiasm and has made a good foundation for her new project and is ready to take action.  I think that there is a chance that her husband won't move with her, since the hangman suggests a personal sacrifice and the lover suggests a choice between love and career.  But she will make the move regaardless.
She must be able to move with the canges to deal with the inevitable disruption.  She may be met with aggression in others (maybe her husband??), but should face it with strength and containment instead of returning the agression.

Sorry it took me so long.  My son has been sick and my internet sucks lately!

George

will respond soon to all your kind folk

Post by George » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:31 pm

been sick, then going to work and then working on my plumbing which is not a way to get well at all.

i skimmed all the post but will find the time to read in a day or two and then repsond.  
i did print them out for the lady at work and will let her read all your good kind post.  she was a good person to read and willing to answer and offer info.  i was talking to another lady at work (i work will all ladys) and she just jumped and ask when i would do a reading for her.   :smt003

omg, as i look on the window and in a split second it got dark and is snowing heavly.   :smt103  :smt111

talk to you all soon  :smt006

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:01 am

I will miss the snow this year.  I just moved to the South (US) from Washington state and I am a little sad that I won't get to see snow in my yard :(  Hope you are well soon George!

Doris

Post by Doris » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:29 am

Hi George,

I also hope you get well soon, here in Australia we don't get any snow, but I was born in Germany and I still remember the smell of a white christmas. Sometimes miss it. If you have any other readings we can practice with it would be great. I think doing reading for other people is very different than doing one for yourself.

Take care
Doris[/url]

Return to “Tarot”