pomigranets

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Paul keher

pomigranets

Post by Paul keher » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:52 pm

:)  are pomigranets good for you?
From your friend Paul

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:28 pm

i heard they really are good for u.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:56 am

From Wikipedia:
One pomegranate delivers 40% of an adult's daily vitamin C requirement. It is also a rich source of folic acid and of antioxidants. Pomegranates are high in polyphenols. The most abundant polyphenols in pomegranate are hydrolysable tannins, particularly punicalagins, which have been shown in many peer-reviewed research publications to be the antioxidant responsible for the free-radical scavenging ability of pomegranate juice. Many food and dietary supplement makers have found the advantages of using pomegranate extracts (which have no sugar, calories, or additives), instead of the juice, as healthy ingredients in their products. Many pomegranate extracts are essentially ellagic acid, which is largely a by-product of the juice extraction process. Ellagic acid has only been shown in published studies to absorb into the body when consumed as ellagitannins such as punicalagins.[8]

In several human clinical trials, the juice of the pomegranate has been found effective in reducing several heart risk factors, including LDL oxidation, macrophage oxidative status, and foam cell formation, all of which are steps in atherosclerosis and heart disease. Tannins have been identified as the primary components responsible for the reduction of oxidative states which lead to these risk factors.[2] Pomegranate has been shown to reduce systolic blood pressure by inhibiting serum angiotension converting enzyme (ACE).[9]

Research suggests that pomegranate juice may be effective against prostate cancer[10][11] and osteoarthritis.[12]

The juice can also be used as an antiseptic when applied to cuts[citation needed].

Researchers at the University of Wisconsin - Madison recently discovered the potential benefits of pomegranate juice in stopping the growth of lung cancer.[13

O    O
   oo
**___**

MoonGoddess

Yummy!

Post by MoonGoddess » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:13 am

[licks fingers to clear the dark red juice from them]  I love them but I always spill and stain my closes.  They are definately a good source of Vitamin C.
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

Runescrafts

Post by Runescrafts » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:47 am

Yes I concur with the fact that they are yummy..and they stain well which makes them a good dye as well as chock full of vitamin C
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:11 pm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 123430.htm

This was posted today about pomegranets....

Pomegranate Juice May Help Fight Lung Cancer
Science Daily — Researchers are adding to the list of cancer types for which pomegranates seem to halt growth. A recent study at the University of Wisconsin–Madison using a mouse model shows that consuming pomegranates could potentially help reduce the growth and spread of lung cancer cells or even prevent lung cancer from developing....

bookitty777

Post by bookitty777 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:00 pm

what do they taste like? really good?

ku5165

Post by ku5165 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:42 pm

wow thats amazign i didnt know that
Love is Life

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:51 am

they are good for acidity too.

mokojukolee

Feel happy to have found this forum

Post by mokojukolee » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:29 am

I'm a new in this forum, actively finding topics that i'm interested  to discuss and ask for advice. I'm sure i will find a lot of valuable information from this forum. Alright, will participate in some of the threads soon.

Moko

srimathi29

Post by srimathi29 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:08 am

definately pomogranate is lovely fruit which is highly rich in iron.those who are having low hemoglobin should consume at least 1 per day.

Return to “Health And Beauty”