BUDDHIST WISDOM

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

BUDDHIST WISDOM

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Even royal chariots well-embellished get run down, and so does the body succumb to old age. But the Dhamma of the good doesn't succumb to old age: the good let the civilized know.

- Dhammapada, 11, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

Motivation is very important, and thus my simple religion is love, respect for others, honesty: teachings that cover not only religion but also the fields of politics, economics, business, science, law, medicine-everywhere. With proper motivation these can help humanity

- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

We meet to part again. I have no words to respond to this double inspiration.

- Wen Chao, The Clouds Should Know Me By Now

We should not seek revenge on those who have committed crimes against us, or reply to their crimes with other crimes. We should reflect that by the law of karma, they are in danger of lowly and miserable lives to come, and that our duty to them, as to every being, is to help them to rise towards Nirvana, rather than let them sink to lower levels of rebirth.

- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Going along in company together, a wise man Must mix with other foolish persons. But on seeing what is wrongful he abandons them. As a full-fledged heron leaves the marshy ground.

- Udana 8.7

Reality as it is becomes the right view of the meditator. Thinking of it as it is becomes the right thought. Awareness of it as it is becomes the right awareness. Concentration on it as it is becomes the right concentration. Actions of the body and speech are then aligned to reality as it is. In this way the meditator develops and is fulfilled.

- Majjhima Nikaya

Here, from within my heart, I make the vow to shun all evil to achieve the good. From deep within my heart I seek my refuge.

- Buddha

Return to “Spirituality”