is spirit non-violent?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ConfusedMind

is spirit non-violent?

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:07 am

i'm a little bit confused about one aspect of spirituality. no, i do not mean to go deep into the subject. but, i've seen and i don't know how it is that anything related to spirituality happens in a slow motion. be it a scene in the movie or in a TV show, if, of course, spiritual aspects are concerned. if a scene is there where the movement of the spirit is visualised, the motion is slow.

well, leave apart the movie part. anything in this real world, if related to spirituality, is done or said slow. mark the prayers - the hymns - the mantras - all of them are slow (I do not ignore the rhyme or the rhythm). the devotion songs - instrumentals - Everything is slow is it is related to spirituality.

have you heard someone talking about spirituality with that passion? why is everyone, (there are exceptions but their authenticity is so much under doubt that they are better ignored) slow and low in his/her delivery of spiritual talks or spiritual lectures?

I do not doubt the concept of spirituality. but I really wonder if being slow is being spiritual!

can anyone clear my confusion?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:37 pm

It is all about the energies.  Gross material energies form the physical body.  The spirit within is a finer vibration.  Combine the two to manifest in the reality of the material environment and it tends to come slowly.  Perhaps it means you have to be patient and listen and learn?

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:37 pm

I had a very simple idea that spirituality, if thought with logic and reason, is an experience through thought and feeling. in many cases i find people forcing a kind of sublimity into the concept. any kind of intensity of feeling makes the behavior or reactions or actions quite fast. if intensity is a part of the spiritual experience, how come things still remain slow and sublime? why has a person to sit straight and meditate to attain spirituality? is it not that one can attain spirituality while headbanging with a death metal track? if intensity and the concentration point are to be taken into consideration, the later is much ahead of the earlier one.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:01 pm

High emotion does tend to disrupt any and all sense and feelings.  When doing spirit work a calm, peaceful approach is the ultimate in manifestation.  It is very easy to be spiritual up in a mountain cave, away from the noises of everyday life.  It is so much more effective in your own personal growth to be able to be spiritual among the clang of day to day life.  

For an attunement with spirit (this means actually getting in touch) it is important to use meditation and remain calm and peaceful in the practice.  This will aid your own spirit in the process as well as open doors to the spirit guides you seek to work with you.  

I do altered states of conscioiusness (light trance) talks that do not slow down - I have to keep up with the thoughts as they enter my head to get them to my mouth.  There is nothing slow or boring about it.

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:38 am

Usually you need to quiet the conscious mind to open up to other levels of consciousness. You can feel connection through death metal perhaps but that is more likely to put you more in the moment, in the physical, waking conscious world. Meditating quietly or doing hypnosis your blocking out all the background noise and usually the information must come through slowly for us to grasp new information and concepts. Connecting to the deeper parts of yourself you need to slow down, stop and smell the roses etc. Not to say it's the only but it seems to be the best way.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:23 pm

Hypnosis and Meditation are 2 different and separate practices.  I find meditation works best with spirit connections - from within to without (spirit guides).  

When visions or thoughts come through from spirit sources, they are usually so fast it is hard to grasp.  Like a movie in fast forward and trying to see all that is there for the message to form.  Perhaps you are just blocking this action in the hopes of slowing it down to understand it?

Return to “Spirituality”