Miracles and human incarnation

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:36 am

Miracles are done even by demons and black magicians and therefore cannot be the identifying marks of God. Miracles alone are not sufficient to detect the Lord. Krishna is identified by not miracles but by excellent knowledge of Gita. Krishna lifted the mountain but Ravana also lifted the Kailasa Mountain. You should not test God by demanding miracles and this was told by Jesus to Satan, when Satan asked Him to convert the stone into bread. The saint asks Me to kill him and give him life again as proof. In the history of human incarnations no body asked like this and no human incarnation did like this. If such challenge is thrown, a demon will certainly come forward with a miracle. Lord Krishna killed several evil people but never gave life to them. Due to His plan only, Abhimanyu was killed. When Subhadra asked to give life to him, He refused.

But He gave life to Parikshit and brought back the dead son of His Guru. He did miracles in the case of exceptionally deserving devotees only, but not on any challenge. Whenever the devotee deserves and the Lord by Himself wishes, any miracle can take place spontaneously. Sukracharaya knows to give life to a killed person but he is not God. Vatapi and Ilala were demons. Ilala kills Vatapi and serves him as food to the guest. Then Ilala calls Vatapi. Vatapi becomes alive and comes out by tearing the stomach of guest. Does this means that they are God?

The saint told that Krishna only created, maintained and dissolved the Universe, which is an exceptional miracle. But Krishna did not dissolve all this Universe and created it again keeping you separately as a spectator. He only showed the cosmic form as a vision to Arjuna. In the vision He created the Universe, maintained it and finally dissolved it. During this vision the universe is not affected. Even Durroyadhana saw it and discarded it as hypnotic illusion. Arjuna believed the vision for some time. Udanka appreciated the vision forever. Of course, this vision proves that Krishna is God. Since Veda and Brahma sutra also gives this as the super most miracle of identification which is not possible for any body except God. On one Guru Purnima day I was giving a divine discourse and suddenly I stood for five minutes silently in highly excited state.

Then I sat again in the chair. I asked two devotees in the crowd to tell what they saw simultaneously. Both of them told that they had the vision of cosmic form (Viswaroopam). Of course, God in Me gave that vision and I have nothing to do with it. If God is not in Me how that vision was given? How I identified only those two devotees? How I said that both of them had the same vision and they should explain it to other devotees? If one person gets the vision it may be illusion. How the same illusion is created to both the devotees simultaneously. The analysis made me also believe that God (Parabrahman) is present in Me. When God is given to the devotees through human body He is called as Datta. Veda also says that the special divine knowledge comes form God only (Satyam Jananam, Prajnanam..). Gita also says the same (Jnanitvatmaiva…..). I gave importance to these aspects in analyzing that God is in Me to give this special knowledge and that special vision. Of course, Duroyodhana discarded even that as hypnotiam. Brahma sutras also tell these two aspects as the identifying marks (Janmadyasya…, Sastrayonitvat).

whitetiger0000

Post by whitetiger0000 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:26 pm

You can make miracles happen, if you really want them to come true.  It works for me!

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:57 pm

whitetiger0000 wrote:You can make miracles happen, if you really want them to come true.  It works for me!
Generally people are interested in the powers of Lord to get self-enjoyment in the form of visions, telepathy, astral travel, power of curing diseases etc….This is not the true path of devotion. The very meaning of devotion is true love on Lord. People aspire for spiritual growth. But the meaning of their spiritual growth is more visions, get powers for curing diseases of self and other to get name and fame, perform miracles etc…. These people are ignorant in one way because they have not realised the Lord & His true devotion. Spiritual growth itself means increase of devotion on Lord day by day by getting more and more divine knowledge. They do not have any trace of devotion on Lord. But they pretend that they have devotion in front of Lord for getting His powers. No human incarnation had ever encouraged such things.

The reason for interest in His powers only (and not in Lord) is greed for fame, selfishness etc. Such people end up in such gurus only who encourage these type of activities. They can never come near to Satguru (Lord in Human form like Jesus, Krishna, Mohd. Prophet, Buddha …..) who do not encourage such activities. The real devotee are (like Swami Vivekananda, Prahlada, Gopikas, Hanuman ....) diamonds and remaining are like gravel stones. Lord is also not bothered of gravel stones, which will be in majority. Jesus also said, the true path leading to Lord is very very narrow with full of thorns with 2 or 3 people.

Once one got used to these powers, name, fame etc. it is difficult to come out of this. This is a sort of addiction. But Lord is not pleased with him and will punish him latter. This is definitely not the right path.

Satguru (Lord in human form) also gives divine visions to disciples to improve their faith. Finally the divine knowledge only helps in getting the real devotion towards the lord. As long as a disciple wants to use his guru for his selfish ends, he will get into that type of guru, who will utilise his services for his benefit.

whitetiger0000

Post by whitetiger0000 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:49 pm

I don't ask a God to make miracles happen; I use my will power and determination.  I leave religions out of this and do not pray for things I wish.  I pray for others whom I cannot help directly myself.  Does this make sense to you?

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:55 am

whitetiger0000 wrote:I pray for others whom I cannot help directly myself.  Does this make sense to you?
The Lord is the father of all the souls. Your love on another human being is only brotherly love. The love of the father is far greater than the brotherly love. You are criticizing your father for punishing your brother! The father tries His best to transform His son. On the first day of the war Ravana was defeated by Rama. Rama could have killed him on the very first day. But Rama, asked Ravana to go back and think that night. The Lord punishes any one as last resort. Even then, the Lord doesnot have anger or hatred. The punishment is only the last method attempted for transformation. There also the aim is only transformation. But when you punish your enemy such aim does not exist. Therefore the punishment by Lord is also reflecting His divine love and kindness on the soul. Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul. He is just like a teacher who punishes the student for his misbehavior. The teacher does not get any sin in such punishment. The reason again is that the intention decides the action.

Therefore when you live in the world, according to instructions given by the Lord, the Lord is pleased with you. The Lord will make you happy in this world. Your happiness in this world is an indication of His grace. Therefore you will be happy in the upper world also. He is the only one lord for both the worlds. Therefore if you are unhappy in the worldly affairs, you will be unhappy in the spiritual matters in the upper world also. If you are blessed in this world you are also blessed in the upper world. Therefore you follow His commandments and be happy in this world. When you are serving the Lord you should be happy in the sacrifice. You should not sacrifice to the Lord with unhappiness. The sacrifice with unhappiness will make the Lord unhappy. The result of such service is unhappiness in the upper world. Therefore it is better not to sacrifice if you are not happy. Why should you purchase the unhappiness with such sacrifice? Are you unhappy when you are sacrificing to your family members? Therefore the sacrifice without any force or unhappiness is not only waste but also brings negative results in the case of Lord.

In the case of family members if you sacrifice with unhappiness it is waste. Therefore the intention is very important for the Lord. You should not do any sacrifice aspiring something in return. Such sacrifice is only a business. The business done in the case of your family members may bring benefit or loss. But in the case of Lord the business always brings loss. Therefore live in this world according to the instructions of the Lord given to you with regard to other human beings. With regard to the Lord do sacrifice and service to the Lord to that extent only up to which there is no force or pain or business.

Return to “Spirituality”