TODAYS QUOTES ON MOON

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

TODAYS QUOTES ON MOON

Post by prasanna » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:41 am

Moon quotes

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”

Buddha  (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)

“Every one is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody”

Mark Twain (American Humorist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)

“The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.”

Frederic Lawrence Knowles

“I don't know if there are men on the moon, but if there are they must be using the earth as their lunatic asylum”

George Bernard Shaw (Irish literary Critic, Playwright and Essayist. 1925 Nobel Prize for Literature, 1856-1950)

“I'm standing on the moon, with nothing left to do, with a lonely view of heaven, but I'd rather be with you”

“See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...we need silence to be able to touch souls.”

Mother Teresa of Calcutta  (Albanian born Indian Missionary and Founder of the Order of the Missionaries of Charity. Nobel Prize for Peace in 1979. 1910-1997)

“When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger”

Chinese Proverbs

“Man is now able to soar into outer space and reach up to the moon; but he is not moral enough to live at peace with his neighbor!”

Sri Sathya Sai Baba quotes (Indian Spiritual leader, b.1926)

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:41 pm

Thank you. Image These are excellent and thought provoking.  I love the moon, She is so beautiful.  Image

Return to “Philosophy”