Hindu, Muslim and Health Quotes

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Hindu, Muslim and Health Quotes

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:01 am

Daily Muslim Wisdom  

I realized what was hidden within me and conversed with You in secret. Though we were united, we still were apart. Though awe hid You from my searching eyes, ecstasy brought You close to my innermost being.

- Al-Hujwiri, "The Kashf al-Mahjub"

Daily Hindu Wisdom  

You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of work. You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction. Perform work in this world…as a man established within himself - without selfish attachments, and alike in success and defeat. For yoga is perfect evenness of mind.

- Bhagavad Gita 2:47-48

Daily Health Quote  

All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES.

- Nike Ad

My nature is light, Nothing but light. When the world arises I alone am shining.

- Ashtavakra Gita 2:8

There’s a strange frenzy in my head, of birds flying, each particle circulating on its own. Is the one I love everywhere?

- Rumi

Wisdom is the table, not bread or meat. Wisdom is the light, food for the soul. No nutriment can compare to the nourishment of light. Nothing can nourish the soul but light. Rid yourself of material needs and be set free. Taste the original victual, the dainty morsel of light.

- Rumi, "Mathnawi"

Thought of the Day: Walk as if your feet were kissing the earth.

- Barbara Ann Kipfe

Thought of the Day: Walk as if your feet were kissing the earth.

- Barbara Ann Kipfe

My head feels like an old depot, worn by time and tears, No more locomotives passing through, café filled with tales and baggage, The old depot's barren now, there has been a great brain robbery.

- Joanne Koenig Coste

Last night as I lay sleeping I dreamt that there was a beehive here inside my heart and the golden bees were making white combs and sweet honey from all my failures.

- Machado de Assis

Return to “Philosophy”