Hindu and Muslim Wisdom

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Hindu and Muslim Wisdom

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:04 pm

Daily Hindu Wisdom  

In the beginning Love arose, which was the primal germ cell of the mind. The Seers, searching in their hearts with wisdom, discovered the connection of Being in Nonbeing. A crosswise line cut Being from Nonbeing. What was described above it, what below? Bearers of seed there were and mighty forces thrust from below and forward move above.

Daily Health Quote  

I see something of God each hour of the Twenty-four, and each moment then, In the faces of men and women I see God, and in My own face in the glass, I find letters from God dropt in the street and every One is signed by God's name.

- Walt Whitman

To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to.

- Kahlil Gib

He that was born in the dark water of material wealth, how could he tell the freedom of open country from the dismal prison of the well? When you relinquish the ego for fear of God, the elixir of His fountain will arrive.

- Rumi, "Mathnawi"

The China Cat
From Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Cats
By Mary Bryant, V.M.D.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~Albert Schweitzer

Once Luqman was asked how he had attained such merit. He replied, "By adhering to virtue, by fulfilling all pledges, and by giving up futile apprehensions."

- The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Malek bin Hawari

Return to “Philosophy”