TODAYS QUOTES ON SUN

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

TODAYS QUOTES ON SUN

Post by prasanna » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Sun quotes

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”

Buddha  (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)

“I've noticed that being with you, I smile more often, I anger a little less quickly, the sun shines a little brighter, and life is so much sweeter. For being with you takes me to a different place: a place called love.”

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

C.S. Lewiss(British Scholar and Novelist. 1898-1963)

“A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.”

C.S. Lewis (British Scholar and Novelist. 1898-1963)

“Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? Well, don't worry...I'm here. The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be here to take care of you. -Charlie Brown to Snoopy”
Ashley27

Snoopy(Fictional character from the comic strip Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz)

“The sun illuminates only the eye of the man, but shines into the eye and the heart of the child”

Ralph Waldo Emerson  (American Poet, Lecturer and Essayist, 1803-1882)

“God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

“No matter how dark the night, somehow the sun rises once again and all shadows are chased away”
PonyBoy

David Matthew Click

“The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes and silly people”

Ralph Waldo Emerson (American Poet, Lecturer and Essayist, 1803-1882)

“ God is the Sun and when His rays fall upon your heart, not impeded by the clouds of egoism, the lotus blooms and the petals unfold.”

Sri Sathya Sai Baba  (Indian Spiritual leader, b.1926)

Pravin Kumar

Sun Quotes

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Prasanna,

All quotes are excellent. First two and last two are the best.

Pravin Kumar

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:02 pm

ImageInspiring!!  Thank youImage

Return to “Philosophy”