Quotes at Random, to think about.

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

tourbi

Quotes at Random, to think about.

Post by tourbi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:20 am

Just because a man lacks the use of his eyes doesn't mean he lacks vision.

-Stevie Wonder
They always say time changes thingsbut you actually have to change them yourself.

-Andy Warhol
Get the facts first. You can distort them later.
Mark Twain
"Believe nothing no matter where you read itor who said itno matter if I have said it unless it agrees with your own
reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha (536 B.C.-483 B.C.)
"Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself."
-Oprah Winfrey (1954 -)
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Pravin Kumar

Random Quotes

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:00 am

Dear Torbi,

All the quotes are Gems. Don't know which is better than the other.

Pravin Kumar

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:45 am

Dear Tourbi,

The second quote is beautiful. Thank you for sharing !

Regards
Soulsearch.

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:49 am

"The biggest ROOM in this world is Room for improvement" - Navajot Singh Siddu:-):-)
"If God did not forgive, Heaven would have been EMPTY!"

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:28 pm

I have 2 signs in my dojo - 1 from the sergeant in Full Metal Jacket, I'm not repeating it but if you know it you'll understand my philosophy (and my instructor's philosophy about me);
the second is much more repeatable - 'It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!'

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Many good ones.....but I think I love this most.....maybe I have to study his Religion :

"Believe nothing no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own
reason, and your own common sense."
-Buddha (536 B.C.-483 B.C.)

For those who wonder, like me, Who is Buddha :

Buddha
A title given to successive teachers (past and future) of Buddhism, although it usually denotes the founder of Buddhism, Siddhartha Gautama (c.563 bc–c.480 bc). Although born an Indian prince (in what is now Nepal), he renounced his kingdom, wife, and child to become an ascetic, taking religious instruction until he attained enlightenment (nirvana) through meditation beneath a bo tree in the village of Bodhgaya. He then taught all who wanted to learn, regardless of sex, class, or caste, until his death. `Buddha' means `enlightened' in Sanskrit.

Return to “Philosophy”