Various Quotes

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

tourbi

Various Quotes

Post by tourbi » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:20 pm

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.

-James Oppenheim
Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.

--Henry J. Kaiser
The Power of Now

If I'm not loving this,
why am I doing it?
If I am doing this,
why aren't I loving it?
   Pam Adams 2004
A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. If these minds love one another the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden. But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden. - Buddha
"Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay; love is not love, 'till you give it away."  - Oscar Rogers

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:46 pm

dear tourbiji,

thank u for sharing such nice quotes.

A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. If these minds love one another the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden. But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden. - Buddha

Quote:
"Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay; love is not love, 'till you give it away."  - Oscar Rogers

I like these two quotes very much .

prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT.

Return to “Philosophy”