THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Post by prasanna » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:52 am

Lead, Kindly Light

Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see The distant scene; One step enough for me.

Dancing with God

Filed under: Uncategorized — graingergirl at 12:02 am on Thursday, April 17, 2008

Read this online today … it seemed an apt thought for the evening. I’d give credit to the author, but none was listed. I like the general idea…hope you get something out of it too.

When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing “dance” at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God’s will is a lot like dancing.

When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn’t flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music.

One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.

It’s as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance. When I saw “G” I thought of God, followed by “u” and “i”. “God,” “u” and “i” dance.” God, you and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

Dance together with God, trusting God to lead and to guide you through each season of your life.

“You changed my mourning into dancing…”
   Ps 30:

Lead, Kindly Light   ..........  My school Emblem represented these  fine words, I still remember them, (from 1973 to 1978)  

So today i wish to share this with u all as  i happened to read the above .  I just request u all to read this .

thank u all

with love

prasanna.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:18 pm

Thank you.  I appreciate your sharing this. ImageImage

Return to “Philosophy”