Eating for Success: Truth vs. Falsehood

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Eating for Success: Truth vs. Falsehood

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 am

Eating for Success: Truth vs. Falsehood by Bill Phillips

Obesity has a common cause (overeating the wrong foods and not  getting enough exercise) as well as a universal solution (eating the right  amount of the right foods and exercising). That’s the truth you can take to the  blood bank, I assure you.

FALSEHOOD: Once you reach a certain  age, you can’t get in shape.
TRUTH: You can improve your health  and energy at any age.

You can improve your physical fitness, boost your energy and  even improve your mental performance at any age, when you start feeding your  body the right way.

FALSEHOOD: To be healthy, just stop  eating bad foods.
TRUTH: Your health is enhanced by  eating the right foods.

There is so much emphasis in diet books on what not to eat and  so much misinformation in the media about how “bad” food is for us that I’m  increasingly concerned that what’s being overlooked is the truth about how  health is enhanced and our energy enriched by eating the right foods. Your body  needs essential nutrients every day, and it’s vitally important to understand  that food is the ally, not the enemy.

FALSEHOOD: You should not eat for “emotional  reasons.”
TRUTH: You should enjoy eating, and  it should be a pure pleasure!

The idea that you should not enjoy eating—that you should  somehow find a way to eat that doesn’t feel good—is absolutely ridiculous.

I can’t help but laugh when I hear these so-called “nutrition  experts” insist, “Food should be used only as fuel for the body.” That’s like  saying the only reason to have sex is to procreate. That’s silly and it’s not  realistic.

I wholeheartedly believe that you should enjoy food, and it  should be a pure pleasure. There’s absolutely no reason you shouldn’t look  forward to your meals and count on them to help you feel good. A delicious  dinner can settle your nerves after a hectic day. A great breakfast can lift  your mood and help you get ready to take on the day ahead. And a sweet,  satisfying dessert can put a smile on your face. It does mine!

There’s really no reason not to honor the tradition of making  food a part of celebrating holidays, birthdays and special occasions. I think  it’s perfectly fine to reach for a bowl of chicken soup when your body’s aching  and you’re feeling under the weather too.

Through Eating for Life,  you’ll learn all about the right foods—the ones that are healthy and  nourishing. And when you make those the mainstays of your meals, you can and  will enjoy them. And you can eat to fuel your body, while also feeding positive  emotions.

FALSEHOOD: To stabilize blood sugar,  you have to stop eating carbohydrates.
TRUTH: Eating protein and  carbohydrates balances blood sugar.

Today’s carbohydrate confusion began years ago when we fell for  the low-fat fad. When food manufacturers began removing fat from foods and  replacing it with highly processed carbohydrates, our collective blood sugar  went through the roof, and the problems began.

As it turns out, dietary fat wasn’t really the problem after  all. However, in somewhat of a knee-jerk reaction, now the food fad is to cut  carbs in an effort to bring blood sugar levels back into balance. Ten years  from now, I guarantee we’ll be looking back at this current craze and seeing  some very serious side effects.

The truth is, cutting carbs is not the healthiest way to  stabilize blood sugar levels. Carbohydrates are essential to eating right. The  solution is to eat meals balanced with protein, quality carbohydrates and the  essential fats your body needs.

When you eat balanced meals consistently, you will find energy  you might have thought you lost forever. And you’ll lose body fat you may have  believed you were stuck with.

FALSEHOOD: In order to be satisfied,  you need to eat large portions.
TRUTH: Quality, not just quantity,  produces healthy satisfaction.

Our bodies crave quality nutrition, not merely massive  quantities of food. So many people in America today have it completely backward,  though. They believe the more they eat, the better they’ll feel.

Supersized portions at restaurants, fast-food chains and  packaged goods at the grocery stores are obviously all playing into the  falsehood that more is better. Yet so many people are stuffed but still “starving”  for nutrition. The truth is, our bodies are satisfied by high-quality meals,  not just big quantities of junk food.

FALSEHOOD: To make a change, you need  to wait until you’re all ready.
TRUTH: Don’t wait until you’re “ready.”  Please, do it now.

You need not wait until you are “all ready” to make a change in your  style of living. Don’t fool yourself into believing now is just “too soon.” If  you wait until everything is perfect in your life before you make a change for  the better, you’ll be waiting forever! Truth is, the time to do it is now. The  longer you wait before you take action, the more you delay the rich rewards  that are rightfully yours. Energy, strength, renewed health and decreased body  fat… please begin feeding these benefits now.

Elgina

A nice one

Post by Elgina » Fri May 21, 2010 11:42 am

A write up like this always helpful!!! thanks for posting

Return to “Health And Beauty”