Recipes to prevent sunburn.

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

richaj_13_9

Recipes to prevent sunburn.

Post by richaj_13_9 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:58 am

Sunburn is the inflammation and blistering of the skin caused by the overexposure of the skin to the sunlight.

There are a lot of sunscreens that are available with which one can prevent from having sunburns. Due to the depletion of the ozone layer, the ultraviolet rays are reaching the earth and are greatly hazardous for the skin.

In this article we are going to discuss different sunburn remedies.

Soothing Lotion

Ingredients:

1. Eight ounces of non-medicated lotion.
2. Five drops of peppermint oil.
3. Two to four teaspoons of powdered comfrey root.
4. Two to four tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel.

Procedure
You need to put the non-medicated lotion in a bowl and then add about five drops of peppermint oil and then mix it gently. Then add about two to four teaspoons of powdered comfrey root to the mixture and mix it again. Now the last step is to add four tablespoons of aloe vera gel and mix it and then you can put the bowl in the refrigerator to make it cool before you apply it on your sunburned skin.

Note: It must be remembered that the amounts of clove or peppermint oils should not be increased because they can cause skin irritation.

Cucumber Lotion
Ingredients:

1. One chopped cucumber.
2. One quarter cup of glycerin.
3. One quarter cup of rose water.

Procedure:
Put the chopped pieces of cucumber in the blender and you will get cucumber juice. After that you have obtained cucumber juice, you need to add glycerin and rose water. Allow it to cool down and they apply it on your sunburned skin.

Comforting Mist
Ingredients:

1. Two ounces of distilled water.
2. Six drops of lavender.
3. Two drops of peppermint.
4. One drop of spearmint.

Procedure:
Take two ounces of distilled water in a bowl and then add about six drops of lavender and mix. Then after that, add about two drops of peppermint and one drop of spearmint. You can allow the mist to cool down and then you can apply it on your sunburned skin.

giggledoll00

Post by giggledoll00 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:19 pm

white vinegar put over the burn will help it tan quicker. i burn very easily, and usually it just disappears instead fo tanning. but my mom did this and i actually tanned. only consequence is u smell like a salad.
behold the power of three

justnara

Post by justnara » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:51 pm

thanks

but can't we just use sun lotion

anyways, covering up helps you to maintain beauty in the long run

seadrenea

Post by seadrenea » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:48 pm

justnara wrote:thanks

but can't we just use sun lotion

anyways, covering up helps you to maintain beauty in the long run
I recently had to do a research project on the 5 most dangerous things you can have or use in the home and sunscreen is one of them. Be particularly careful with products that contain DEET.
When the skin becomes moist it acts like a sponge. There are roughly 7 highly toxic chemicals in sunscreen products that could and most likely will lead to skin cancer.
You are much better off limiting exposure to 15 minutes a day on face and arms, not wearing any sunscreen product, or following the advice listed above this post.
:smt002
Dreams are the wishes that our hearts make.

renuka_ir

Post by renuka_ir » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:41 pm

Thank You. My leg skins has gone darker due to many many years sun burn. A part of my leg are dark, and another side is fairer tone. I hope this recipe would help to heal it. I have tried scrubbing but never worked. :)

Return to “Health And Beauty”