Artificial Sweeteners

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

usmmjenny

Artificial Sweeteners

Post by usmmjenny » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:55 am

I had been taking Splenda for a few years, thinking it was safe, and now I have benign tumors all over my body, I have severe anemia, and my blood will not store iron, my blood is thick and I'm lethargic.  I have now switched to Stevia, and I'm even using that sparingly.  I recently had a week hospital stay for pulmonary embolisms.  I'm afraid for my life, and I'm starting to think it all had to do with the Splenda that is added to almost all the packaged lite fare foods these days.  Anyone else have similar symptoms?

seadrenea

Serious Action!!!!

Post by seadrenea » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:04 pm

You seriously need to google splenda and aspartame.

Never ever consume either product.
Your health issues are directly related. I developed symptoms of MS. All symptoms disapeared as soon as I gave up diet Coke! (aspartame)

And the controversy surrounding both additives and the FDA are astounding! Way too much info for this forum.
Dreams are the wishes that our hearts make.

justinray111

Post by justinray111 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:32 am

I would like to know what the ingredients of the sweetener are. I am a food technologist and may be able to help.
I am very interested and involved in human nutrition and educating people in this regard.

refresh

Post by refresh » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:09 am

I'm a nutritionist and recommend never using artificial sweeteners due to the chemicals - some people are very sensitive to them and it sounds like you've reacted very badly.

They're also implicated in diabetes-related issues.

Honey and stevia are much more natural and far better for the body.

justinray111

Post by justinray111 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:39 am

I agree with you completely, avoid those chemicals as much as you can. One of the very toxic sweeteners I know of is Aspartame which becomes toxic at temperatures above 30 Deg Celsius.

As far as honey is concerned though, it seems to have the same sort of glycemic index of sugar. I used to live on an apiary and honey was our business, so I certainly support as a natural choice.....but then so is sugar, it is just clean concentrated sugar cane juice....honey is clean concentrated flower juice.

Now Stevia I have heard of but don't know much about...all I know that it is derived from the leaf of the Stevia plant and is extremely sweet
I am very interested and involved in human nutrition and educating people in this regard.

Shelly Bobb

Have you heard of Zevia yet?

Post by Shelly Bobb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:55 pm

Yes, I agree you should stay away from those chemicals!  Even the Splenda is made with chlorine!   As a general rule, I try not to eat anything made in a lab.  I recently discovered Zevia, made with Stevia.  It is a natural alternative to a diet soda.  There is an Orange, Twist and Cola flavor available. All of them have 5 calories or less too!  It’s new so not many stores have it yet, but I’m hoping to see it make it.  I give it my support and you can to by getting it into your store too.  Their website is www.zevia.com.

Deborah

Re: Artificial Sweeteners

Post by Deborah » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:07 pm

usmmjenny wrote:I had been taking Splenda for a few years, thinking it was safe, and now I have benign tumors all over my body, I have severe anemia, and my blood will not store iron, my blood is thick and I'm lethargic.  I have now switched to Stevia, and I'm even using that sparingly.  I recently had a week hospital stay for pulmonary embolisms.  I'm afraid for my life, and I'm starting to think it all had to do with the Splenda that is added to almost all the packaged lite fare foods these days.  Anyone else have similar symptoms?
I have not read what others wrote ..maybe latter - but this stuff is nothing more than CANCER SICKNESS DISEASE waiting to happen.

Look through some of my very old post .. I was in severe pain .. sometimes it hurt too much to walk ...

I gave up diet soda and anything with such things in it ......... my hair stopped falling out, the pains are not as bad ..but decreased soo much.

All NATURAL is best .. its the way it was intended to be!

Return to “Health And Beauty”