Do you feel good being ogled at?

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

rozrokz

Do you feel good being ogled at?

Post by rozrokz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:11 am

You know being a mother of 3 and working and juggling household chores and keeping 3 screaming attention grabbing children from killing each other, and making sure the Man is fed and cleaned sometimes you feel that you have no life.
So I actually enjoy the time of the day when I am getting ready for work. I will pick up the right clothes, put on some make-up, feel pretty and if a man ogles at me, it makes me feel abit vain and secretly happy since I am no spring chicken right now   :smt003.
It is not like I want to attract a man and start a torrid affair but when you have been married so long, the last thing hubby says is you look beautiful. It will most probably be where is my dinner or must you spend so much on your credit card :smt042 . It makes me feel attractive and vibrant and confident. So to all the working mothers out there in MB, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:27 am

:smt023  She said it all~!!

jessie

Post by jessie » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:09 pm

:) Great

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:18 pm

u go girl awesome huggies

Gilly07

Post by Gilly07 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:45 am

I can't remember the last time i got ogled in the street!
I do have a stalker though, she is a fat old lady who looks at me whenever i look in a mirror  :smt005
This is why i have started using the free subliminal software.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:42 am

I love being ogled at, same as I like getting a bunch of flowers _ seriously, no joke.
So here goes ladies, tell your man he has a nice bum and watch him preen.

justinray111

Post by justinray111 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:41 am

Try to get a copy of "the Secret" and put some of this stuff into practice and you will see a difference. As a guy I can tell you that you are loved and beautiful, but guys seldom think it is important to say so, I don't know why but we all suffer the same way.....I must tell my wife how beautiful she really is...
I am very interested and involved in human nutrition and educating people in this regard.

Sam117

Post by Sam117 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:45 am

Men have to know how to cherish their significant other even after marriage! Courtship doesn't end after the wedding!! :P

I think being ogled at depends also on how the attention is being given :) In general, if they are respectful, it's a great ego-booster! I have some married friends who similarly enjoy attention from the opposite sex. Their opinions change drastically when the attention is showered upon them in the wrong ways, though! (Nobody wants to feel like just another piece of meat, after all.)

mercurial

Post by mercurial » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:51 am

Sam117 wrote: I think being ogled at depends also on how the attention is being given :) In general, if they are respectful, it's a great ego-booster!
I think it largely depends on the person concerned. Think about it. Even if a woman is ogled at multiple times, but all of it has come from ugly men, do you think it'll act as an ego-booster? Do you think she'll be flattered? Far from it, she might convince herself she's hideous, which is why she's attracting a similar crowd.

OTOH, just a harmless little wink from a handsome fella could act as an ego-booster. So it's NOT the act itself, but the person involved in the act that may or may not function as an ego-booster. :smt002

Something to ponder over, ladies. :smt003

Sam117

Post by Sam117 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:06 am

mercurial wrote: I think it largely depends on the person concerned.
I think that's a valid point, however I'm hesitant to agree 100% with what you said subsequently. Certainly, it could apply to many women, but it would be a generalization that it's only about appearance.

To use myself as an example, a compliment is a compliment whomever it comes from. To judge the quality of the compliment based on the appearance of the complimenter is a tad shallow and insulting to them, in my honest opinion.

If a handsome hunk ogled at me as if I were a piece of meat, I would not think of him any better if it were a less-appealing man who did the same thing. If a less-appealing man winked at me, I would still blush similarly if it were a handsome man.

Overall, to be fair, since appearances do matter to some people, it would be fair to say that it's a combination of factors. Let's not get into the specifics, because it's really skewing from the original topic of this thread :)  But good point, and it certainly adds to understanding the dynamics of what makes a gesture flattering.

justnara

Post by justnara » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:18 pm

I am 21 and I look 15 so if i can help it i will mantain my youthful good looks.

As for you making yourself feel pretty is a must cos being a women of certain age it does not help that you only look good when you put make up on however saying this it's important that a women stands up for her rights and being women we have the right to look beautiful young and old.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:10 am

[quote="justnara"]I am 21 and I look 15 so if i can help it i will mantain my youthful good looks.

As for you making yourself feel pretty is a must cos being a women of certain age it does not help that you only look good when you put make up on however saying this it's important that a women stands up for her rights and being women we have the right to look beautiful young and old.[/quote]

Sadly -- the judgment of what is beauty has gone out of the hand of the beautiful and has become literally, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Over the years and decades as the beholders and their vision changed so did have to comply, those that represented beauty and the beautiful.

But that seems to be the trend, whether it be Koh-i-noor or Noor-je-haan -- the decree of the appraiser of beauty rules!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

seadrenea

Post by seadrenea » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:07 pm

I spent most of my 30's covering up so I wouldn't be "oogled". Now I don't spend so much time worrying about it. I WANT to be noticed because I am a strong, confident, powerful B**CH, and out there setting a good example for other women who don't feel that way. Yes, I like to look nice, but for me. I feel better about myself.

Anyone out there that needs to be oogled to feel beautiful, is lookin' in the wrong place.
Dreams are the wishes that our hearts make.

Antigone

Post by Antigone » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:50 pm

I used to be self-conscious, like if someone looked at me I automatically assumed that person was thinking OMG she's so fat...but I guess I've gotten over that. When I was in the States, I got attention from so many men - maybe because I was Asian - and that helped boost my self-esteem.
It's a beautiful life. Believe.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:52 pm

I love it, happens all the time, in fact I carry a big stick to beat the ladies off.
I wish!
Just now and again one of the grannies at the club will say how well I look, my 2 best fans are 82 and 71 respectively!
Actually the 80 year old is pretty hot! ONLY JOKING.
It's like having flowers bought, I'd love someone to buy me flowers - just once, without me being in hospital.
Some days you are the cart and other days the horse; either way you still get shafted.

"I thought you'd be bigger," (read it how you will).

Return to “Health And Beauty”