Cleanse and Condition Your Complexion

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

randym23

Cleanse and Condition Your Complexion

Post by randym23 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:24 am

Cleanse and Condition Your Complexion - Recipes More Skin Care Solutions  

Adapted from 50 Simple Ways to Pamper Yourself, by Stephanie Tourles
Simple, natural cleansing creams, fruit pastes, and grain blends can be used to effectively and economically remove makeup and everyday dirt and grime that collects in your pores.

Unlike soap -- which has a tendency to dry the skin's surface -- these products are very gentle and nourishing and do a thorough job of cleansing without stripping your skin of its natural barrier of protective oils.

Restore your radiance with these simple, easy, homemade recipes:

CREAMY CREAM
For smooth soft skin, wash your face very day with plain, organic yogurt or buttermilk. Use it as you would ordinary cold cream, avoiding the eye area. It's gentle enough for all skin types and as a bonus, it contains naturally occurring lactic acid. This acts as a mild exfoliant to remove dead-skin buildup.

BANANA'S THE BEST
For positively glowing skin, mash a third of a very, very ripe banana in a small bowl. Use the pulp to wash your face and throat, avoiding the eye area. If your skin is especially dry or dehydrated, leave this on for approximately 5 minutes. Rinse, then pat dry.

ROSEY CHEEKS
To pamper mature, thin, dry skin, mix 1 tablespoon of heavy cream with 1 or 2 drops of essential oil of rose or rose geranium. Use as you would a cleansing lotion, massaging well into your face and throat. This can be used on the eye area to remove eye makeup and mascara. This blend smells exquisite.

ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER
This was my first-ever homemade cleansing formula -- created when I was 15! It's still my favorite recipe 21 years later. It naturally cleanses skin of excess oils, makeup, and dirt without drying, making it suitable for all skin types, even sensitive.

Ingredients
½ cup ground oatmeal
1/3 cup finely ground sunflower seeds
¼ cup finely ground almond meal
1 teaspoon powdered peppermint or rosemary leaves, rose petals, or lavender flowers
Dash cinnamon powder (optional)
Water, 1 or 2 percent milk, or heavy cream to moisten

1. In a medium-size bowl, mix the dry ingredients together thoroughly.
2. Using approximately 2 teaspoons of scrub mixture for your face and throat, or more for your body, add enough water (for oily skin), milk (for normal skin), or heavy cream (for dry skin) to form a spreadable paste. Allow to thicken for 1 minute. Massage onto your face and throat or body area. Rinse.
3. Store any remaining blend in a zipper-lock plastic bag or plastic food container in a cool, dry place for up to six months, or up to a year in the freezer.

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:59 am

Sounds deeelicious. I'll have the children licking the cream off me. LOL

Return to “Health And Beauty”