tips for dandruff?

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

tips for dandruff?

Post by swetha » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:00 pm

hi guys,
i seem to be suffering dandruff once again and none of these shampoos seem to work!
any ideas?

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:03 pm

Most dandruff is actually soap residue, so firstly make sure that you rinse for ages. If the dandruff is caused by dry skin then a moisturising shampoo and conditioner will help. If it is an allergy then a dermitalogical shampoo might help. Is your scalp sore or itchy?

Do you get Head and Shoulders in India? Thats is really brilliant.

{{{{Swetha}}}}

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:37 pm

Vinegar is also said to help remove the soap from your hair and make it nice and shiny.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:07 am

Just make sure you wash the vinegar out before you head to the beach!!  you dont want any hungry seagulls assuming your head is a bowl of fried chips.....would make for rather a nasty experience.....lol......oh gosh I'm silly...dont mind me...lol

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:22 am

lol
.. ya we get head and shoulders... and thats one of the best:)
will look for it next time i am out shopping
how do u decide on a conditioner for ur hair?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:33 pm

use the head and shoulders one that matches your hair type :)  I find that their conditioners are brilliant, Head and Shoulders actually got voted top beauty shampoo over here last year!

MoonGoddess

Man I hate Dandruff

Post by MoonGoddess » Mon May 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Unfortunately I have the family curse of it and I can't wear black which sucks because it is so slimming on me.  At one stage it was so bad I had to dust my office chair every day, how bad is that.  The doctor told me that I had a mild demitis behind my ears and that was what was causing it.  I find I don't notice it that much any more as I am pregnant and have a lot more going on and don't have to worry about being embarassed at work because of it.  I eat healthily and wash my hair with pantine, I use to use Nizoral but found that it pretty expensive so once I got out of the navy I stopped getting it as it was free in the navy.  My brother has pshrisis don't ask me how to spell that but it is like cradle cap for adults really discusting, he used a special cream for it which I can't remember what it was and I think it was perscription.  Try changing your shampoos, say maybe get head and shoulder or Neutrogena has come out with T-Gel which I think is more intence then most ant- dandruff shampoos.  Oh and after you wash your hair with anti-dandruff shampoo don't use conditioner as it washes it out and doesn't work.
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

Victoria26

Post by Victoria26 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Thanx alot for the tip, I will try it. Victoria

mpmp

Post by mpmp » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:31 pm

hello,

I also had it quite bad... so i have tried everything i can think of.
1.  I agree with the person who suggested head and shoulders (its absoulutly brilliant!!)
2.  If you want something abit stronger, then I would suggest Selsin Blue shampoo or Neutrogina T-gel (both are excellent)
3.  I haven't tried vinerger, but i tried lemon juice which worked pretty okay but it was short lived.
4.  Henna excellent conditioner.

hope this helps.
thanks

nhall

WHY PEOPLE GET DANDRUFF

Post by nhall » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:10 am

People arn't using any conditioner.
People arn't using good shampoo.
Bruce M. Gonzalez

adrianna

Post by adrianna » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:39 pm

Clear shampoo works too. I love the cool feeling on my head after a shower.

bebixpink

Post by bebixpink » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:12 am

Having asian hair, i have had an issue with dandruff also. However after using henna it has helped a bunch!
However the girl who sold me my products informed me that there is something called Neem which also helps with dandruff and many many other issues dealing with the skin and scalp..
You can find them at the indian market/stores!

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:17 pm

Head and shoulders is nice. It doesn't make your scalp dry like some suave products.

Mali

Post by Mali » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:24 pm

I've got this problem also but not now.
I am currently using Fructis and so far it's been of good use and I am no more getting problem of dandruff.
Birth is a miracle...and even death

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:01 am

I have had dandruff a lot of the time.  I used the Head and Shoulders Shampoo and Conditioner and the dandruff has reduced.  Just for a change I change back to oily hair Shampoo and Conditioner as I have oily hair.  I then change back to the Head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner when it is needed.

Return to “Health And Beauty”