heartburn

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

stirtime

heartburn

Post by stirtime » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:10 am

how do you know when heartburn is serious and what can help to relieve it.. I have tried everything...
Susan

Antigone

Post by Antigone » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Sleep with your head and upper back elevated. :)
It's a beautiful life. Believe.

fisk_82

Post by fisk_82 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:42 pm

every heart burn is a serious condition whether it's short or long period

amberpsychics

Post by amberpsychics » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:59 pm

peppermint is good to help releive heartburn but u need to figure out what causes it

postalsusie

heartburn...FIXES

Post by postalsusie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi *s*

First, drink a glass of soda pop and walk or sit upright until your burp.

Second,
Correct your posture. Many times sitting up STRAIGHT lines up your gullet so that you CAN burp.

third, dont eat anything heavy or spicy four hours before you go to bed.NO MORE CHILI DIP AND PIZZA

Fifth,
the most common ( non threatening/non serious) cause of heart burn is a slow digestive tract.
try eating a bran muffin every day for a week. :D  if it works for you, keep it up.
I haven't had my coffee yet, so don't make me hurt you ;)

CassandraOh

Post by CassandraOh » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:02 am

my partner and i both suffer what some would call heart burn, but doctors would call Reflux. It means the burning travels all the up your throat and you have to physically spit the bile out. It's sounds pretty gross i know. I've found drinking a cooled green tea helps relax my stomach and get rid of the symptoms. I can't use conventional methods people have told me to try such as sipping some milk to line the throat and stomach to get rid of the burning because i am lactose intolerant but maybe that would help you. Foods with high acid content such as onion and tomato or anything citrus should be avoided in large amounts, and if you eat large meals, try instead of that eating very small meals more frequently so your stomach doesn't have to work overtime.
I hope this helps.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:38 pm

Dear friends,

I suffered with this heart burn, called hyper acidity, from 2004 till this year . Some time I took Homeopathic medicines. I took Allopathic medicines for many months.  I get burning sensation if I take more masalas, (or spicy food )we say .  Fried , deep fried items are real enemy to this sort of patients. Take more green vegetables as  salads, fruits salads if u get this problem .Avoid totally fried items. , spicy foods. Take more curd(yogurt) &  milk. Do not drink pepsi, coke type bottle drinks. Use only fresh fruit juices instead of soft drinks. Avoid alcoholic drinks. Avoid citrus juices and fruits.  Do not keep stomach empty. keeping empty will increase acidity. If this acidity continues for long time it can lead to peptic ulcers.  Consult a good doctor, take the help of antacids.  Undergo treatment , by way of blood tests. try to find out the reason first what causes u heartburn. I think there are many  kind of suffering in this , like  as  cassandra  wrote feeling of  burning from throat.  I  never felt it from throat. Only stomach burning is my problem.  I used to drink more pure water. , tender coconut juice. Avoid taking more coffee

Because of this hyper acidity problem I could not sleep many nights.  Now iam not using any medicine . Only by way of controlling my food habits I could find solutions. One must have patience to come out of this disease i trust.  I  am  a pure vegetarian , so  I found it easy to control my food habits by restricting oil usage and consuming only raw vegetable salads. When ever i feel this burning, I used to drink more water,which lead to throw the extra acids out through urinating many  times. I used to sit in  Vajrasan when i had this trouble. Yogasanas  can bring better results instead of under taking many drugs is  my kind advise to u all. Now i can say I am cured to the extent of 80 percent level,  i believe.  very rarely I feel this burning sensations.and i could sleep well now.

Thank God and I  pray to God  to relieve u all like me from this problem soon.  Let me  hear good news from  U all , who are all  suffering with this problem.   I think many can take me as an example in getting cure.  Thanks for reading my views.  Only we sufferers can know the intensity of this disease well and understand the problem in depth.

with love and best wishes,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Return to “Health And Beauty”