Hope this is the right place to post this

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Alltrouble2

Hope this is the right place to post this

Post by Alltrouble2 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:30 pm

It's from a newsletter I recieve & thought it might help some that need to lose weight.  Someone let me know if this post should have been in another forum.

Namaste!
Weight Management

In Ayurveda, weight management is individual, and a lot of its depends on your dosha. Even Vatas, who are normally thin and lanky, may have problems with weight gain. For Vata types, weight gain may be because of a metabolism change, or because they are mentally stressed. Under stress, Vatas often eat irregularly, which disturbs the digestion. So for Vatas, routine is crucial. Vatas need to eat warm, cooked meals at a regular time each day, and make sure they get enough sleep. They need to eat in a relaxed, calming atmosphere and not be rushed.

Pittas have problems with weight gain when they don’t eat regularly. They have a lot of fire in their system, and that fire needs something to cook. If it doesn’t, then their metabolism slows down and toxins build up. It is important that Pitta types not skip breakfast. Hyperacidity is also an issue with Pittas, so they need to avoid both sour and spicy foods. Favor cooling foods and spices.

Kaphas are naturally prone to weight gain, and usually this stems from a slow metabolism. So Kaphas need to start with balancing the metabolism, increasing the ability to digest sugars and carbs, and getting on a Kapha diet and lifestyle routine. One way to boost metabolism is by adding some of the fire element into both food and lifestyle. Use spices that are pungent, such as pepper, ginger, and turmeric. Favor both bitter and astringent tastes, like leafy green veggies, beans, broccoli and sprouts. Make sure vegetables are cooked and warm, as raw vegetables are hard to digest. Quinoa and Basmati rice are both good grains for balancing Kapha because they have a drying quality to them. Sipping warm water throughout the day (allow water to boil, then cool before drinking) also helps to add fire to the body. Avoid heavy, cold, and fried foods. Exercise vigorously on a regular basis.
Funny how people always remember what you didn't do, but forget what you did do.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:04 pm

Interesting. What are vatas and kaphas? I'm not up to par on reiki and know what it is but know little about it.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:27 am

Angelique wrote:Interesting. What are vatas and kaphas? I'm not up to par on reiki and know what it is but know little about it.
Well imho they actually have nothing to do with western reiki at all lol. The post you are replying to is about Ayuvedic healing, very interesting topic :)

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:32 pm

::laughs:: It would appear so!  I'll have to read up on it.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:59 pm

moved health & Beauty

doc

hi all,

Post by doc » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:48 pm

i this the last line exercise vigorously is not good as according to my knowledge viorous exercise can lead to muscle tissue damage..n many other side effects..

any science which describes your body on a general basis can nt be good always n for sure..any kind of pathy varies in its mode of actions n producing effects depending upon the individual constitution..so whether it is allopathy,homoeopathy,ayurveda it shud nt be trusted or mistrusted on a general basis but particular basis..i hope everybdy here understands wt m referring to..thanx friends

eyrie

for wieght loss

Post by eyrie » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:45 am

for wieght loss one should drink lots of lukewarm water.and should take honey with hot water in morning ,before eating any thing.

whitetiger0000

Post by whitetiger0000 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:35 pm

losing weight should be placed under health, or sports?

Return to “Health And Beauty”