Ugly Acne blemishes

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

rozrokz

Ugly Acne blemishes

Post by rozrokz » Fri May 04, 2007 7:28 am

I have habit of picking on my acne and after it dries out, it leaves a black mark on my skin which is quite ugly. Any suggestions on what will lighten the marks. It is sickens me that I am getting adult acne when I had baby smooth skin when I was a teenager.  :smt089 .

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri May 04, 2007 12:21 pm

try bio oil, its very good for scars.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Mon May 07, 2007 5:52 am

Hi Suzi, where can I get this Bio oil and which company made it? Tks.

MoonGoddess

Bio Oil

Post by MoonGoddess » Mon May 07, 2007 1:13 pm

I haven't used it myself but I have seen it's effects on someone else.  A friend of mine had a horribly scard hand and she used bio oil on it and the scar faded from horrible ridged red to a lot less noticable white scar tissue.  I you live in Australia Priceline sells it other then that I do not know where else you could get may be on line.

My brother had very bad acne all of his teens up until his twenties he is now 35 and still gets it occasionally, but his face has very bad scaring as he went through lazer treatment and chemical treatments to help him.  He use Retin A cream but it may have side effects so I would consult your doctor about it before using it, this you can get from you pharmcy.  Going back to Bio Oil I am told it is good for stretch marks caused by pregnancy or shape change.  Hope that helped some.
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Mon May 07, 2007 5:08 pm

hi there, you can get bio oil online just google it and you will get a range of online suppliers.  The one i get it from is in the Uk and i can buy it at a large Chemist chain here in the UK, but i recomend to buyy online you get it way cheaper!

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

weezerwall

Help for you..

Post by weezerwall » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:25 am

:smt006  Hi!  I CAN SYMPATHIZE WITH YOU COMPLETELY!!!

I have always had to work hard for clear skin and here are some things that have helped me:

First I try to fight off those nasty pimples BEFORE that come up!  :) CLEANSING IS THE KEY - both internal and external:

1.  DRINKING LOTS OF WATER and eating foods that promote "good digestion" - if you know what I mean. Sometimes in cases of acne, the   uses the skin as a platform to "cleanse itself" of some excess stuff.  (also, the hormones are working overtime it seems, as well).

2.  STEAMING MY FACE twice a week and using a natural astringent (like Witch Hazel) afterwards.  Then SPLASHING with cold water (to close the pores gently).  

3.  A NATURAL MUD OR CLAY MASK weekly (I use the CHARCOAL mask from ORIGINS) especially around my period.   This helps purify and slowly/gently peels off dead skin or scars.  

3.  WASHING MY FACE 2 - 3 times a day with the cleanser and lotion from NEO STRATA -  Just google for their website.  They also produce a "citrus peel" which you'd need to do with a dermatologist or cosmetologist.  THIS IS REALLY WORTH THE $$$$! REALLY HELPS WITH SCARES.  

4. I use the EXCELLENT FADE GEL from a company called "BLACK OPAL" . This line is designed for "woman of color", BUT it is very gentle and can be used on ALL skins.

5.  DAB a bit of tea tree oil helps, aloe vera gel and cocoa butter (just a little) on any pimples BEFORE they turn into scars.

6).  REMIND MYSELF to moisturize. Even my oily skin needs MOISTURE, so I never use anything that will dry my skin out too much!  Otherwise, the glands will work overtime to replace the natural oils.  Besides, the skin also needs some kind of moisture to deal with the scarring as well!  

At this point in my life I actually feel comfortable leaving my house WITHOUT make-up!   :)  

Best wishes and wishing you BEAUTIFUL SKIN!!

Weezer

adrianna

Post by adrianna » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:17 am

That was some great advice weezerwall. I had a friend who had terrible acne all throughout high school and a few yeard later when we met up again, i was surprised to see her skin as smooth as a baby's bottom, with no tell tale signs whatsoever. Now i know of the wonders of make-up but let me tell you there was no amount of concealer that could have completely covered her blemishes. She told me her secret was - coconut water. Cocunut water helps dry out scars and acne and the natural astringent in the water help fade blemishes. It took awhile, but it worked.

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:06 am

:smt006 Hi Adrianna!

THANKS FOR THAT GREAT TIP/STORY AS WELLl!!  Another ray of hope!  

Warmest,
Weezer :smt003  :smt003

Return to “Health And Beauty”