Home Education

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

Home Education

Post by Gem » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:00 pm

There are many thousands of parents inthe UK that legally educate their children at home. Its not an easy option but very worthwhile and can really be really satisfying to watch a young person develop and grow without giving away the responsibility of their education to other authorities.  Remember....School is NOT compulsory, Education IS.

These links are to UK based web sites.

http://www.education-otherwise.org.uk/  the leading UK charity that gives free information support and advice.

http://www.heas.org.uk/

I am not sure about the legalities of schooling in other countries but I thought it might be interesting to some parents to share this information.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:20 pm

I envy those who can do home education. Sadly i am a public servant and must work every day, however the state is educating my child marvellously.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

bookitty777

Post by bookitty777 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:18 pm

we have homeschooling here at home and i live in the usa and it is  hard but very rewarding!

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:39 pm

Home schooling

I use to be totally against it ... BUT I have since changed my mind on this.  

With the right books ..and outside sources and organization this could be a very good thing IF the parent works with the program!

My sister in law told us she was home schooling my nephew - With  local department school books .. she was teaching him things that were preschool  ...NO Challenge for him.  
she also is not a organized person let alone one who has patience for her child.  

I have seen others who home schooled their children and they are wonderfullly well rounded .. they learn all angles of the schooling they need.  

I can get a list of Home School material if anyone would like .. Please send me a pm if you need this info.

Thanks

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:16 pm

Our Son is doing Pre School Distance Education.  He is doing well at the Schooling from home and he enjoys it.

Return to “Family And Parenting”