Gold Stone...

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AmberDreamer

Gold Stone...

Post by AmberDreamer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:39 pm

A friend of mine designs jewelry for a living and when I went to her house one day she said that she had an extra necklace and if I wanted it I could have it.  It's made of many small pieces of Gold Stone and I was wondering if anyone had some, or could tell me the properties of Gold Stone? Thanks so much in advance!

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Hello,

Goldstone is in fact man made so it doesn't have any natural properties apart from the colour. Tis very pretty though :)

healinghands

Post by healinghands » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:28 pm

While goldstone is man made, it does have natural copper in it, so it has some of the properties of copper. It won't be as strong as copper however.

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Jayman

Post by Jayman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:25 pm

healinghands wrote:While goldstone is man made, it does have natural copper in it, so it has some of the properties of copper. It won't be as strong as copper however.
true, but you are in effect taking a metal into your hand as a gem. Very few metals are used like this.

and the goldstone will still vibrate as do other gemstones.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Jayman wrote:
healinghands wrote:While goldstone is man made, it does have natural copper in it, so it has some of the properties of copper. It won't be as strong as copper however.
true, but you are in effect taking a metal into your hand as a gem. Very few metals are used like this.

and the goldstone will still vibrate as do other gemstones.
But the copper is encased and will not be able to freely vibrate, it is in fact glued to other platiscised materials. Not good, but very pretty :)

Cassie

crystalhealer1

Goldstone has the properties of copper

Post by crystalhealer1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:14 pm

GOLDSTONE: (Also known as Monk’s Gold, Monkstone, Stelleria, Avventurina, and Aventurine Glass) Goldstone is a type of synthetic, or man-made, glass which is made with copper. The copper forms tiny crystalline clusters within the glass. The most common form of Goldstone is reddish-brown, although, in fact, the color is produced by the copper crystals and the glass itself is actually colorless. Some goldstone varieties use colored glass, usually blue or violet, and more rarely green. Goldstone’s alternate name, "Stelleria", is based on Goldstone’s starry, night-sky-like appearance. The original Italian name for goldstone is "avventurina" indicating its accidental discovery. Hence, another alternate name for Goldstone is "aventurine glass.”  Because of its copper content, Goldstone can be used for healing, although its energy is not nearly as strong as that of natural Copper.  COPPER: Use at the 1st Chakra (Root Chakra/Base Chakra) and 2nd Chakra (Sacral Chakra/Spleenic Chakra) for aiding in motivation, to increase self-love, to encourage an optimistic attitude, for an increase in confidence, to overcome negative thought patterns and conditioning, to create balance between the physical and ethereal bodies, to stimulate telepathy, for good luck, for grounding, to amplify energy and intention, to maintain proper circulation, to relieve infection, and to treat arthritis pain.

Return to “Crystal Healing”