tormaline

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

humpa74

tormaline

Post by humpa74 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:18 am

hello to all, I have not comprised much good your forum, my English is outside a shape, but I would want to ask since the tormalina has various colors could be used like the quartz crystals that have various colors for one seated of crystal therapy, joining the color to the chakra? thanks humpa74

cornishrex_rules

Post by cornishrex_rules » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:16 am

Hi there, I do not know a lot about crystals and Gem will no doubt be along and give you the info you want.

However I think if I understand you question you want to know if tormaline has healing properties like quartz. Then yes it does but its properties are different.

But like I said Gem will give you a more accurate explanation.

I only dabble in crystal healing.

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:21 pm

Hi Humpa,
Tourmaline does come in many different colours and can be used as a chakra balancer, much like calcite or quartz can using the stone of the corresponding colour for each chakra :)

It has quite a high energy but the colours do work well with each chakra, perhaps not for a first attempt at balancing, for that I would go for a quartzes or individual stones.

Thanks Cornishrex for the very kind comments :)

cornishrex_rules

Post by cornishrex_rules » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:50 pm

You welcome Gem, if anything I have noticed is that there is not much that you do not know here.  :)

shrikant9

Tourmaline

Post by shrikant9 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:02 pm

Tourmaline occurs in variety of colors like quartz. The colored varieties are Rubellite(rose red),Elbaite (green),Brazillian sapphire(blue), Brazillian peridot(yellowish green),Peridot of Ceylon(honey yellow),Siberite(violet)Indicoite(dark blue),watermelon(combination  of green + rose),Dravite(Brown semitransparent), Shorl(Iron black opaque colour),and the colorless variety in known as achroite.The green tourmaline is most commonly used in relation to fourth chakra, and in astrogemmolgy.

alee

Post by alee » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:46 pm

I am most attracted to tourmaline, I think it's their colours that attract me most. I like the rubellite the most. My next target is to get a gem piece, do you think what is pro and cons of heat treated gems?

I saw one about selling at about $140 pere carat. Didn't know the faceted gems are so much expensive.

obvious@live.ca

heated or not?

Post by obvious@live.ca » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:37 pm

I read in one of my books, this is about heated amethyst to citrine, that she felt that at a certain point the heat treatment would add to the dimension of crystal treatment in a different way....

also the question of man made stones as well, such as Victoria stone, which has quite a lovely entry in Melody's book....

sometimes to me, heat treatments speak of the beauty that we can add to a gemstone, sort of like taking a thought, and transforming it into what we need, or something more beautiful....

also, if the treatment changes the colour, being able to apply the same properties, to perhaps a different chakra...

it would depend on how you translate to yourself and how you feel about it perhaps, sometimes what we feel about a situation adds into the equation, if we are forever going to be saying, its not real, its not natural, its been heat treated and have that thought egging us in the back of our mind, perhaps its not a good thing, but if you look at the colour and stone and accept and love it, for what it is, for the added beauty, I think that would be a good thing....

I have a sneaky that at some point, the quality of manmade, man implemented stones is going to be so high, that for us to be able to tell if a stone is earth made, it will have to have inclusions, perhaps some day our engagement diamonds will be included diamonds, just so we can say its real...I dont know, that is just a thought =)

in some ways, even to look at a facetted, or polished stone in crystal treatment, it has gone through a tranformation, it would be to make it more clear, or to make it polished, but we still have affected it in some way, how do you separate that from a heat treatment, where the colour is made more beautiful, more striking, by a human treatment as well....

this is what I was questionning myself when I was looking at rough diamonds this morning, they come with very beautiful facets from nature, and to look at an uncut diamond is to perhaps add a thought into the equation of beauty untouched, natural places for the light to strike and reflect....

in some strange ways, the crystal healing aspect of crystals has to do with their evolution of chemistry, their natural facets, the sacred geometry of their form, their colour, their inclusions,

so in a way, if you can think of a good thing, or a few good things that are added into the stone once it has been heat treated, that would be a good thing....

one of the processess I have run across in spiritual evolution is the thought of going through a "trial by fire"...in some ways, wouildnt being stuck in a kiln and heat treated add into the vibration of you had already gone through a trial by fire and you came out more beautiful, more striking, altered, but only in a good way, not hurt....

just thoughts...=)

Return to “Crystal Healing”