Funny How Life Works

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Boba

Funny How Life Works

Post by Boba » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:02 am

So i was just reading a thread in General Discussions about the people we meet and wrote a LONGGGG reply and thought i should create a new thread to share it instead of spamming that thread since it's totally off topic.

I agree that we meet the people we meet because we had some debt in our past lives needing to be paid back, although that's not the only reason we meet the people we meet. We meet those people because they help us go through life. "God" or the "Higher Being" chooses the perfect person to help us go through life, whether it's to aid us in solving a problem or to help us learn a lesson or whatever ...

Why do i say this? I have a perfect example that just happened very recently. I'm still in college and have really been wondering recently what the point of me studying so hard is for. I'm single by the way. I keep telling myself that it's so that I can give my future wife (whoever she is, wherever) a better life. So one day I just gave up trying in school because there's no point. My love life's never been that great and I don't need to study hard for myself.

Well, one day in class, a girl who sat next to me asked me to be her study partner. She was one of those people I met that came into my life temporarily and left. She gave me motivation to study again because I didn't want to "lose face" in front of her by not knowing the class material, and simply because she was more of a party girl that didn't like to study...

When i first saw her, i was immediately infatuated with her, and the feeling grew. After talking to her a bit more, i knew her personality wasn't the one i was hoping for. I stressed over this for quite a few weeks, and at times i would finally come to the conclusion to give up showing interest in her because i know even if we got together, it would be for short term (personality incompatibility). Then the more i see her, the more i feel infatuated with her. Just before my class with her ended for the semester, i decided "you know what, i don't care, i'm going to chase her.. i know that i can change her personality"...

Over this entire time we had class together (a month), her Facebook status was "single." Just tonight, it changed to "In a relationship." Coincidence? Too good to be a coincidence. The entire month her status was "single," and when i finally decided to go for her, she was suddenly not single anymore. If it's really coincidence, then it is a damn good one :smt017.

In a way, she was "one of those people that i met that helped me through an obstacle." Without her, i probably wouldn't have gotten such a good grade in my class.

This incident also confirms that there's a "Higher Being," someone greater than me that knows much more than I do. Why do i say this? If she hadn't changed her Facebook status to "in a relationship," i would have asked her out and we might have even gotten together. But because of our personality incompatibility, it would be for a very short term. And knowing how if i'm in love with a girl, i go into it very deep, God probably knew that it'd be too much for me to handle emotionally, and just stopped it here before i could develop even stronger feelings for this girl.

So in a way, it's a win and loss situation - win in the way that God prevented me from becoming too emotionally attached to this girl and the consequences later on to follow, and it's a loss situation in that i was just going to ask her out and that i found out she wasn't single anymore. Coincidence? No. There can only be so much coincidence in this world. This is more than a coincidence. I know it's a subtle message from the Higher Being. It's a cruel one, and it pains me so much to know that all of my hopes with this girl are gone, with a little switch .. Just like that.

Now, what sorts of "debt" did we have in our past lives, or if we owed each other something in our past lives is unknown, and i don't even want to go that deep because honestly, i don't know. It's just that sometimes, i wonder if those people you have deep feelings for are someone you knew in your past life. For example, when you see some people for the first time, you just have this connection with them just by looking at them in the eye. It's like you can see deep deep inside their eyes into their soul. Bah, whatever.

At least now i know that "God" exists (actually i've believed this for a long time, but just deny it every time something goes against me).

I apologize for this super long rambling.

Cheers all, i know tomorrow's going to be better  :smt020
Last edited by Boba on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:23 am

First of all I will give you a big hugg :)

Then I will go back to your thread in General with the question " Why am I here?"

When we are in harmony with our-self, then we are structured, we might investigate with an open mind, and we collect our information in an easy way.

When we feel a bit insecure, the opposite take place....we search...but since we aren't structured we don't process it in the same easy way, and then we start wondering "what am I doing? "

So yes, its sad that the girl did not show up as your life partner, but maybe that can be of the good....maybe it made you see some sides of you that you needed to work on?

When 2 peoples shall share a lifetime together, then it must build on love...BUT most important is mutual respect, trust, and the willingness to give from yourself (the same goes for your partner), when such a thing is present, then a relationship will last for a long period of time, even a lifetime.

So my best advice for you is to work yourself back into the front seat of your life, and that is many times to start working with one self.
I will recommend learning Meditation....if done right makes you relax....but most important makes you see your problems in a new light....because by relaxing one let the mind "fly" and thoughts that else are prevented by the conscious mind can come forward.

If a belief can make you stronger, then the belief is good for you....but always remember that this is YOUR belief ...and not necessarily the belief of others .......to be to "hooked" on the "WILL of GOD" can many times be a "sleeping pillow" because each time we say "it must be the Will of God" we transfer the responsibility from our self to God, done to many times will make us weaker, and have the opposite effect of any wishes from any God.......in my humble opinion :)

Another big hugg and best wishes for the future :)

farthirl

Post by farthirl » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm glad things worked out for you. It is likely that your motivation to do well only needed a point to focus upon. After all, there much at stake in the schooling business. Failing your class would not have only put you back in money, but also in time and oppurtunity.

It is likely that you have summoned this girl to yourself in a sub-conscious desire to succeed. Nothing wrong with that. The force of the human will through time and space is rather remarkable.

But my question is this: why success need other people for it to be worthwhile to you? Shouldn't succeeding for you own goals carry a little more weight to you than if you were doing something for someone else?

These days everyone makes a point about "selflessness" and "caring for others" but really, I think if everyone just took care of themselves first, and then helped other people, the world would be in better shape than it is right.

Its just a thought for you to consider. Good luck in school!

lola666

Post by lola666 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:16 pm

big hug

Boba

Post by Boba » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:40 am

Thanks so much guys, hugs received! :smt003
Rhutobello wrote:First of all I will give you a big hugg :)

So my best advice for you is to work yourself back into the front seat of your life, and that is many times to start working with one self.
I will recommend learning Meditation....if done right makes you relax....but most important makes you see your problems in a new light....because by relaxing one let the mind "fly" and thoughts that else are prevented by the conscious mind can come forward.
Thanks for the great wisdom Rhutobello! I do want to learn how to meditate but lack a mentor to teach me and to watch me grow step by step. I once got a reading somewhere and the reader told me to be on the look out for an old man who will be of great help to me (did not say what kind of help) but i've yet to find him. It's just that there's so many different ways of meditating that i don't know which one is best for me, or what exactly meditating should "feel" like...
farthirl wrote: But my question is this: why success need other people for it to be worthwhile to you? Shouldn't succeeding for you own goals carry a little more weight to you than if you were doing something for someone else?

These days everyone makes a point about "selflessness" and "caring for others" but really, I think if everyone just took care of themselves first, and then helped other people, the world would be in better shape than it is right.
I've always wanted a family of my own because i did not have the family i wanted when i was a kid, so i thought that having a family was my ultimate goal. If i'm working towards this goal, be it in education or at the workplace, i essentially need another person to fulfill this goal (a partner). And when i don't have that partner, i sometimes question what the point of working so hard for is, but i know it's so that "we" can have a better life for when that goal is finally reached.

It's sort of like working towards something that you're not sure when you'll ever get it - like you can't see the prize; whereas, if you could see the prize, you'll work harder than ever to obtain it because it's there right in front of your eyes! :smt006

PS: i do have another "bigger" goal which derived from me questioning what the purpose of life is. I'm still trying to figure out an answer but feel that i've almost got it  :)

cajajo

Post by cajajo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Not everything we experience is due to karmic debt and we do reincarnate with soul groups.  Don't disbelieve in God; remember, we chart our lives before coming here and It gave us free will - God CANNOT interfere or make things good or bad.

TeresaB

Post by TeresaB » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:10 am

I think you have an absolutely great way of looking at things. So let's just say that a higher power is preventing you from going down the wrong path with this girl, I would also trust that it is ultiamtely leading in the right direction to the person that is right for you (pretty cool thought eh?) Through past experience, I've realized that sometimes we don't always know what's best for ourselves at times due to circumstances we are in at the times, but I've definitely learned to trust that the universe tends to work out in our best interests, sometimes whether we like it or not haha

8harshal8

here is my jadoo ki jhappi

Post by 8harshal8 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 am

here is my jadoo ki jhappi

Boba

Re: here is my jadoo ki jhappi

Post by Boba » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:16 pm

TeresaB wrote:I think you have an absolutely great way of looking at things. So let's just say that a higher power is preventing you from going down the wrong path with this girl, I would also trust that it is ultiamtely leading in the right direction to the person that is right for you (pretty cool thought eh?) Through past experience, I've realized that sometimes we don't always know what's best for ourselves at times due to circumstances we are in at the times, but I've definitely learned to trust that the universe tends to work out in our best interests, sometimes whether we like it or not haha
Yep! There's always a trade-off in life. If you don't know what pain feels like, how would you know what happiness is and/or how to appreciate it?
8harshal8 wrote:here is my jadoo ki jhappi
Haha that's awesome. What language is that and what does it mean? I'm tempted to say here is my "little bear hug" lol

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:52 am

Cheers.

Duchess1964

Hello There

Post by Duchess1964 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:46 am

Super long post but super accurate.  I have seen people all over the place wonder why they find one person interesting and not others.  Or why they take an instant dislike to some and not others.  It's an amazing thing to realize that we have perhaps lived before.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”