emotional strength for my daughter

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

StormGirl Blue

emotional strength for my daughter

Post by StormGirl Blue » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:39 am

I am posting this I need a hug for my daughter, Crystal 14.

Last year her boyfriend Mitchell committed suicide, he was just 16..
( long story, I did not approve of a 14 year old girl having a boyfriend )..
We have been on the roller coaster with this.. its been just 3 weeks and a year.
Since she has changed schools, ( in an attempt to take her out of a toxic environment )
we have had a few behaviour issues etc..

At her new school a young boy developed a crush on her, he was only 12 or 13, she was flattered but were only friends..
Last night this boy suddenly died of a cardiac arrest while playing soccer..
coincidently his name is also Mitchell.

If anyone could send her some rays of strength to get through this emotionally I would very much appreciate it.

naturally some strength for the family of Mitchell is also a consideration..

But I don't know how much doe one little girl have to stand!

Im a little p'd off. she tried to see the counsellor who booked for for next week!..  yea I know that this boys closest friends will need help through this.. but we told the principle at the new school that crystal was there recovering from  first Mitchells suicide this next week stuff is bullshit.

Im lost for words for her right now..
what do you say, what do I do, grief just follows this poor kid.
Boys that get crushes on her die.. not a great start to the discovery of relationships.

anyways. ty for listening to my rant. I do hope she might be able to receive some positive light to give her emotional strength to get through this too.

Kimmee

Post by Kimmee » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:00 pm

I would strongly suggest that you seek immediate attention and advice of a health care professional for your daughter and especially yourself. Someone to talk to online isn't as good as a doctor in the real world. They can diagnose what the cause of death was, you NEED to call a doctor for real on the phone.

Sometimes people develop what is referred to as a 'thought disorder' and they need a health care adviser's advice on how to break the life-to-death cycle. You may be suffering from a type of psychosis. I want you to call a health care provider for your daughter and especially yourself.

I think that if you don't call someone to let them know that people around your daughter are dying, that someone else around your daughter, could die again. If you want someone to comfort your daughter, take her with you to see the doctor but YOU have to be there with her! She needs you to take her to a doctor right now. There could be a reason why people are dying around her that can be prevented in the future with medical advice.

I am giving you loving thoughts and wonderful wishes for a long, happy life ahead of you.

If anyone else near your daughter dies or is near death at any time you need to call Australia's Life-Line Number 13 11 14
They can help you with the fact that you, your daughter, family, Mitchell, or anyone! is in crisis. You can get actual help in person.

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Love to you Kimmee for reaching out.

Thank you, Beyond Blue is my preferred contact for teenagers in Australia.
 LifeLine has its good points and something I recommend as a point of contact for crisis care, but it does have its flaws,.. long story.

Crystal had been under face to face care with a professional counsellor after Mitchells suicide.  In fact she was IMO over counselled and had shown signs of withdrawing from me. Being too talked out to open up to me about what she was feeling.. we have only over come that in the last few months...
I had worried that we had the weekend ahead of us and would be reliving the pain all over again without a chance to take it up with adequate grief counselling.
The good news is she has done very well. She is completely understanding that young Mitchells death is an entirely different thing.

She has been able to grieve a little without being consumed.

My thoughts are now with young Mitchells family.. sending them what light I may.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:12 pm

sending you all much love and reiki xxxx

Cassie
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Sending you all a lot of warm thoughts, and hopes for  you both.

It is a Horrible situation for your Daughter, but not less Horrible for you, who must see your own Daughter suffer this way.

As said above, there is not much we can do, other then support, and hope for s speedy recovery.

It is a sad fact that many a youth take this last option in life, and by that create a lot of sorrow for those left behind, that be family as well as friends.

Biiigg Grandpa huggg!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:27 pm

a BIG Hug for You and your daughter huggggggggg

Philipa

Post by Philipa » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:06 am

Two losses for a 14-year-old is rough stuff, but should not be viewed as a trend.
Sounds like a lack of resources to help kids deal with the issues closer to when they happen.
Give Chrystal lots of hugs so she can get through this okay.  I hope someone helps the other kids too.

Brenton

Post by Brenton » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:49 am

sending you a lot of love and warm thoughts

leadinglady

Post by leadinglady » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:42 am

How is your daughter doing?  This is a lot for a 14 year old to deal w/.  Please ensure the lines of communication stay open w/ you and your daughter.  Also, as others stated, seek professional help for her.  Sometimes teenagers feel more comfortable talking to a professional and thus a professional is trained to help in these types of situations.  Sending hugs and positive energy to you and your daughter.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”